OT: EA Sports NHL 15 Thread

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't like eashl. I'm a very independent person so I like controlling the entire game instead of counting on others even if they're all better than me lol.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I am getting the frame rate glitch. If you set the game speed below 3 the animations of the players will stutter. It is triggered by a cut away scene like a goal or a shot of the bench, then when you go to take a face off the stutter is there. EA better fix it, I wouldn't doubt it would induce seizures. 3 is way too high for the game speed. There is no resistance on the players, its unplayable.

I played a couple games at 0 game speed and it feels really realistic. You could catch flat footed defenseman on their pivots. There was no catching anyone if you made a bad pinch or the puck took a weird hop. In previous games and if you play on the game speed at 3 it seems like anyone can catch anyone else. If you get a turnover off of a blocked shot the computer shouldn't catch you before the blueline. Unless there is a big discrepancy in speed of the players.

m0ngr31

Is it worth picking up an XB1 for? I'm still stuck on previous gen. I wish they'd just release a PC version.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is it worth picking up an XB1 for? I'm still stuck on previous gen. I wish they'd just release a PC version.

In general, if you want to get into this console generation for games. This is the fall to jump in (the best deals on consoles will start up here in a month)... lots of good games already out and lots more coming this fall/winter.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Alright...I'm eating crow. The beta wasn't indicative of the final product whatsoever and EASHL is the best it's been since 13. The ability to add friends to a drop-in EASHL match then make it public is a gamechanger for me. What little I've played of BAP has been far more compelling than last year as well. Good stuff, EA.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Alright...I'm eating crow. The beta wasn't indicative of the final product whatsoever and EASHL is the best it's been since 13. The ability to add friends to a drop-in EASHL match then make it public is a gamechanger for me. What little I've played of BAP has been far more compelling than last year as well. Good stuff, EA.

While it is convenient for getting games going, the gameplay kinda sucks. The skaters play like crap. Don't like the default builds either.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I'm having a glitch problem in be a GM. When I edit the lines for San Antonio it won't let me back out and save. Anyone else having this issue?

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
puck handling is way worse and they have removed so many dekes...... Skaters are super slow as well. I'm speaking about EASHL

Which is all I've been playing. Gameplay is much more realistic, and there is much better defensive control. If they made it harder for one player to just deke through the other team, so be it.

And I'm not sure what you mean that they removed 'so many' dekes. I didn't play 15 for the one, but there are still dekes for both analog sticks, stride dekes and others

And I understand not liking the default builds, but to me they are well worth it to avoid the grind to legendary

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Are any of you guys playing be a gm? I'm having trouble finding settings that are both fun and produce realistic results. I have the most fun playing it on hardcore-pro/all-star, but my scores are always something like 9-5. If I bump it up to superstar, I start to get more realistic shooting/goal totals, but it's because the computer becomes impossible to knock off the puck, even when they make terrible mistakes. I like the way the computer plays defense at that level and how challenging it is to get good shots. I just hate that on the other end it's essentially easy mode for them.

Last edited:

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Are any of you guys playing be a gm? I'm having trouble finding settings that are both fun and produce realistic results. I have the most fun playing it on hardcore-pro/all-star, but my scores are always something like 9-5. If I bump it up to superstar, I start to get more realistic shooting/goal totals, but it's because the computer becomes impossible to knock off the puck, even when they make terrible mistakes. I like the way the computer plays defense at that level and how challenging it is to get good shots. I just hate that on the other end it's essentially easy mode for them.

Do you have trouble editing lines for your AHL team? I'll be editing them for a minute or so, then all of the options to return to menu are gone then I'm stuck there and have to restart

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
While it is convenient for getting games going, the gameplay kinda sucks. The skaters play like crap. Don't like the default builds either.

Play like crap? You mean, like, they all play very similarly? I actually really enjoy that aspect of 16, which is surprising considering I thought it was a terrible idea when they announced it. But having to rely on a whole team rather than one Legend 3 with max speed/agility/wrist shot who hogs the puck all game actually makes EASHL more compelling, IMO. Even if the game plays at a slower pace as a result, the consistent even playing field is worth the trade-off.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Play like crap? You mean, like, they all play very similarly? I actually really enjoy that aspect of 16, which is surprising considering I thought it was a terrible idea when they announced it. But having to rely on a whole team rather than one Legend 3 with max speed/agility/wrist shot who hogs the puck all game actually makes EASHL more compelling, IMO. Even if the game plays at a slower pace as a result, the consistent even playing field is worth the trade-off.

Doesn't matter, 90% of players are crap and can't complete a simple pass anyhow.....

And when I say they removed dekes, they removed all one handed dekes from the PS3 version of the games from the past 3 years. The puck control is pretty rough in comparison as well. Simple plays I should be able to pull off the puck just falls off the stick. It's irritating.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
When I played my first game with the Avs Ferraro's first line was "The Avs made the playoffs last year" Wat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad