E3 2021 (June 10th - 15th) Starts today 2pm EST

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Microsoft is gonna start making even more money with GamePass now that so many of these games are hitting it Day 1, especially from folks who have PCs and either can't afford an Xbox or don't want to buy another console because they have a Switch/PS5.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The value of XBOX game pass is just insane...

Yup. At my age, I don't have a lot of free time to play games anymore.

So many games, I'll play for a month and never come back to, so even at $25 a month for Ultimate, it's a fraction of what I would've paid for the game itself. And, even if I do decide to buy one of the games if it is leaving game pass, they usually have it at a discount for having game pass.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Well, I'm probably really only interested in 2 or 3 games, but got to give credit to Microsoft, they definitely put on a show.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
FH5 looks good.

There's a few issues with the last game that they could improve:
  • online system is wonky
  • menus are clunky
  • steering wheel support isn't great.
I'd also liked to have seen it move a little bit more towards the realistic side in terms of driving physics, but it looks like it's leaning harder into the arcade side.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
FH5 looks good.

There's a few issues with the last game that they could improve:
  • online system is wonky
  • menus are clunky
  • steering wheel support isn't great.
I'd also liked to have seen it move a little bit more towards the realistic side in terms of driving physics, but it looks like it's leaning harder into the arcade side.

The players can choose that from the settings.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The players can choose that from the settings.

In FH4 turning off all assists only does so much, it's still an arcade racer, you can't change a few setting and turn it into iRacing. And that's fine, it's a casual racing game to play with friends, I think it's just a bit too forgiving.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not great, but not bad either.

I think the problem a good chunk of the industry is facing right now is a lot of stuff they might have in the shadows to show probably got hit hard by COVID related strain/delay.

Lots of those games were probably mid development and got pushed back.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I loved it. The amount of games coming to Gamepass is nutty. We got plenty of dates in the next year, And they’re holding a lot back for future titles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad