E3 2021 (June 10th - 15th) Starts today 2pm EST

Sep 19, 2008
NTM GTA VI is still very far from any kind of release. With the success of GTA Online there doesn't seem to be any interest in 6

You're more likely to hear about Battlefield which has been confirmed and which many rumors have been floating around for months (128 player conquest, etc)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Sega may announce Two Point Campus, the follow-up to Two Point Hospital (one of my favorite games of the last few years). A listing for it, with screenshots, mistakenly went live on the Microsoft Store last week before being taken down. The plan could be to announce it at E3 and have the listing go live the same day and the store jumped the gun. It's a small title, though, so I don't expect much of any fanfare.

Two Point Hospital's Follow-Up Two Point Campus Accidentally Leaked By Microsoft

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
E3 always gets me excited. Really looking forward to what gets unveiled this weekend + early into next week.
This year feels more exciting than most since studios should be close to being back to normal. Plus it's the first E3 in the new console era. Should be a lot of good announcements!

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
This year feels more exciting than most since studios should be close to being back to normal. Plus it's the first E3 in the new console era. Should be a lot of good announcements!
Yep!!
Looking forward to seeing how these developers have taken advantage of all of the new hardware. I know some people think it's just a cheap gimmick, but I really enjoy when the controller feels impacted by the game itself. Which is why I love the PS5 controller.

Reactions: robertmac43

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Three studios actually.

Apparently this guy is in the know with Xbox and he's strongly hinting they've bought more than just the one.

I know Avalanche studios (just cause) was the one that people were pointing at but what could the the other two be? They tried to negotiate with Bungie and SEGA iirc and both went nowhere.

The metal gear rumor would be nice too just to get that IP the hell away from Konami

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Didn't know SummerGameFest was going on today, shit. I caught the VERY last unveiling, so I'll have to go back later and watch it all.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The game looks great but there are like 15 bosses in that trailer.

Also, I find Tales of Arise kind of visually ugly. It feels like it's trying to be Dragon Quest XI but without the charm

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Three studios actually.

Apparently this guy is in the know with Xbox and he's strongly hinting they've bought more than just the one.

I know Avalanche studios (just cause) was the one that people were pointing at but what could the the other two be? They tried to negotiate with Bungie and SEGA iirc and both went nowhere.

The metal gear rumor would be nice too just to get that IP the hell away from Konami

Seems Crytek is rumored to be one. Though the source seems to be 4chan...

Edit: debunked by the guy from WindowsCentral:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
My most anticipated game by far right now. Looks amazing
It looks really good but I honestly regret watching the trailer it has like all the bosses in it.

Edit: I just realized I already said this in another comment, lol

Though I hope being a mage is actually viable in this game. It's been so bad in every other dark souls game.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Am I the only one here who thinks that Axiom Verge 2's sprite art looks really ugly, even compared to Axiom Verge 1?

Just watched the preview video. It's a single developer game (unless he expanded for 2) so I can understand but I was hoping it would progress form 8-bit Metroid like to 16-bit Super Metroid like, but this looks more like a shift to 8-bit Castlevania maybe?

Also, who the heck couldn't beat the bosses in Axiom Verge 1? That was the weakest part of the game, and the only part where the solo developer really stood out, as bosses really only had one pattern.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Just watched the preview video. It's a single developer game (unless he expanded for 2) so I can understand but I was hoping it would progress form 8-bit Metroid like to 16-bit Super Metroid like, but this looks more like a shift to 8-bit Castlevania maybe?
That's the thing, it doesn't even really look like a lateral move to me, personally. I think it might have something to do with darkness masking imperfections in the first one and brightness and color choices exposing it for what it is or something, but the sprite-work looks cool in 1 (like a really good NES game) and straight up amateurish in 2 to me (like a budget MS DOS game or something).

The H.R. Geiger vibes probably helped the aesthetic in 1, too.

Alot of this kind of stuff
521000.jpg

vs. this kind of stuff
51234867766_7504be63ac_h.jpg

Probably a time pressure issue? He's probably been working on the first one his whole life and suddenly needs to make a sequel in a much shorter amount of time.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Imo the first axiom verge looks terrible andunappealing but it did have much more of an identity and I can see why people would like the visuals. Id agree that Axiom Verge 2 looks like super generic. There is just so many 2d metroid games these days with what is extremely good to great pixel art, but at this point great pixel art is not a differentiator, you have to have have a unique style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad