Eklund Rumor: E. Kane to Boston

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Given what is going to happen with expansion...I would imagine it would be one of the Miller's going back. Buffalo needs NHL dmen...either of them would be an upgrade on what they have now.

And no...Evander Kane isn't getting you more than that. Everyone in the league knows he has issues. Pegula wants him gone...there is no chance they are going to extend him.

What?
Facts say otherwise on league interest.
But I do believe he may not be extended.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
40+ useless posts telling us why Eklund is dumb. One post actually trying to enjoy the hypothetical. I appreciate you for this. As a Sabres fan I'd say take away the b prospect and we're good.

Beleskey & Zboril for Kane. I'm sold as a Bruins fan. We give up a high end prospect, but I think Kane is exactly what we need to fill out our top 6.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Yes we'd gladly turn down 25 even strength goals for the wonderful oppurtunity to watch either Miller put up 10 points max on our third pairing...geeez, thanks for that deal...get a freaking grip...

That's great and all but there is truth to the stories about Kane having issues with his teammates. Every team in the league is going to factor that in when thinking about trading for Kane and the one reason why a team would trade for him is if it could turn out to be a good deal for them. They have to go into it thinking that Kane is going to cause trouble in some way because that is what he has done with two teams now. Apparently the players in Winnipeg disliked him so much that he was traded because of the distraction.

He does not have the same value as a player without those issues, he is a guy many teams would probably take a chance on if the price was right though.

Chances are that the Bruins would more likely be sending Ryan Spooner and Matt Bellesky or Jimmy Hayes along with a bottom pairing D in return for Kane. Spooner and Kane produce at roughly the same rate with Spooner being much more of a playmaker. Both have their issues. The rest of the deal is needed to clear cap space. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Yes we'd gladly turn down 25 even strength goals for the wonderful oppurtunity to watch either Miller put up 10 points max on our third pairing...geeez, thanks for that deal...get a freaking grip...

Ok I'm public enemy no.1 for the B's Board for underrating our players, but you are selling Miller a little short here. He's a second pairing guy who won't give you 40-50 points but still has value. He's a solid player.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Beleskey & Zboril for Kane. I'm sold as a Bruins fan. We give up a high end prospect, but I think Kane is exactly what we need to fill out our top 6.

A six million dollar 2nd or third line 20-20 guy is what we are missing?

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
A six million dollar 2nd or third line 20-20 guy is what we are missing?

That's not a fair description of Kane. Yea it is arguable that's his scoring output, though healthy I would argue 20-35 goals, with 15-20 assists. But that's ignoring all the other things he brings on the ice, which is a lot.

There's also the character issues and off ice issues, which I think are overblown, but people can have their own opinion. I just wish they would be rational.

So calling him a 20-20 guy is ignoring a lot of his positives, and potentially his biggest negative. He would become a fan favorite in Boston though.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
That's not a fair description of Kane. Yea it is arguable that's his scoring output, though healthy I would argue 20-35 goals, with 15-20 assists. But that's ignoring all the other things he brings on the ice, which is a lot.

There's also the character issues and off ice issues, which I think are overblown, but people can have their own opinion. I just wish they would be rational.

So calling him a 20-20 guy is ignoring a lot of his positives, and potentially his biggest negative. He would become a fan favorite in Boston though.

So he's a 20-20 guy with character issues and getting paid too much. He's pushing 26, his upside is maybe a 30 goal season or two at 6 million a year, for one year.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
So he's a 20-20 guy with character issues and getting paid too much. He's pushing 26, his upside is maybe a 30 goal season or two at 6 million a year, for one year.

Why even quote my post if you are you going to ignore my point. Anyways moving on. You should watch him play some, just an fyi

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
whats the last thing eklund has gotten right? at some point doesn't someone lose credibility? or you just need to call 1 thing and then just pull stuff out of your ass for the rest of your career

You have to have credibility in the first place to risk losing it.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Why even quote my post if you are you going to ignore my point. Anyways moving on. You should watch him play some, just an fyi

I remember him playing as Thrasher chief, that's how long I've watched him. I wasn't ignoring your point, merely validating mine.

He comes with baggage and it's expensive baggage considering his contract.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois
Only thing I learned from this thread is that if he is traded Buffalo HF fans are going to be very disappointed in the return. His value to every other team isn't that high.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Are Eklund rumors not that credible? Haven't heard of Eklund, that's why, so I wanted to know.

I have NEVER seen this guy have a prediction that was correct. Even those that he claims are close being a finished deal. Which the running joke is, if Eklund posts it, it means its NOT going to happen.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I like Kane, but at this point, only for a cap dump. Would even take Bogosian in a potential trade

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Only thing I learned from this thread is that if he is traded Buffalo HF fans are going to be very disappointed in the return. His value to every other team isn't that high.

His value to the FANS of other teams isn't that high. Big difference between that and the GM of a team.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Any deal with the Bruins for Kane has to have Beleskey going to the Sabres as part of it for cap reasons. Kane has some talent, but wow what a hot mess off the ice. I would take the gamble since he has 1 year left, but not offering our best prospects like Zboril, most I would offer is Beleskey + Spooner + Grezlcyk. I think that is fair, Grezlcyk is a Krug type player and Spooner would certainly help the Sabres PP and add more speed.
Typical HF, no one wants to give to get. Zaboril hasn't even played in the AHL yet, he could be a complete bust while kane is a proven 20 goal scorer, ferocious forechecker, capable of laying the body, big along the boards and shoots at the net constantly. He has a potential of hitting 30 goals.

If you're judging value by draft pick, well Kane was a 4th overall pick which is higher than Zboril at 13.

Proven Player >> Unproven Player

You guys giving up Zboril is a win to get a proven 20 goal scorer with the possibility of 30 goals a season. He hit 28 this year.

What I hate most about the idea is that I don't want the Sabres to have to play against Kane 5 times a year.

Not to mention hes only 25.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Most I'd offer up is Spooner + O'Gara (or a d prospect similar)

Yeah would definitely need Beleskey going back to Buffalo to make this work. You'd get the opposite of Kane in Beleseky. Good guy and tries hard, just doesn't have a ton of skill or finish. Definite bounce back candidate though. I don't think I'd be giving up any of the big D prospects for him. Gotta use those pieces other players if we're going to use them.

I think I'd offer Beleskey, some D prospect(Morrow, Gryz, maybe K. Miller) for Kane. One year deal. If he doesn't work out, so be it.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Yeah would definitely need Beleskey going back to Buffalo to make this work. You'd get the opposite of Kane in Beleseky. Good guy and tries hard, just doesn't have a ton of skill or finish. Definite bounce back candidate though. I don't think I'd be giving up any of the big D prospects for him. Gotta use those pieces other players if we're going to use them.

I think I'd offer Beleskey, some D prospect(Morrow, Gryz, maybe K. Miller) for Kane. One year deal. If he doesn't work out, so be it.

Taking Beleskey is a Cap Dump to make the trade work. He has 3 more years left and that's a risk for us. We aren't taking a dump and a lesser prospect. Zboril is the type of prospect (not-proven NHL) we take a chance on.
Kane is a huge upgrade over Beleskey and you have the opportunity to extend him.
Kane is the player you love when he's on your team. Motor never stops.

We would regret not having him for a playoff run having watched the Ducks and Nashville pound each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad