Eklund Rumor: E. Kane to Boston

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Yup...maybe a mid round pick or b prospect thrown in, but nothing else of significance.

Just making sure you're suggesting aquiring a 20 to 30 goal scoring powerforward in exchange for a bottom pairing dman whose best attribute is his ability to punch faces...

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Just making sure you're suggesting aquiring a 20 to 30 goal scoring powerforward in exchange for a bottom pairing dman whose best attribute is his ability to punch faces...

Face punchimg aside...yes...a guy who has averaged 20 goals a season over his 8 NHL season career, who has had very public issues with both of his last 2 teams isn't going to have much value. And either of the Miller's would be a major upgrade for Buffalo's D.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Hey I am a Leaf fan....wouldn't want Kane anywhere near my team.

And from what Pegula stated over and over in his public address...it doesnt sound like he wants him near his team either. So you take what you can get and move on.

For the record I don't think Kane is a good person, I think he's an a-hole, but where it matters most on the ice, and even in the locker room here he's been pretty damn good. I'll take his 25-30 goals next year over the scraps some are offering around here. In the end, some team will value what Kane brings and pay a good price for him and if not he stays in Buffalo. Garbage bottom pairing defenseman can be acquired fairly easily.

MoreMorrissey

Apr 27, 2017
Winningpeg
No probelms in Buffalo...guess you forget about his arrest, or the time he went partyimg in Toronto and missed a practice.

You have no idea nor do I what his team mates think of him either in Buffalo or Winnipeg. Almost everything is kept in house without much getting out to the public. The only time you hear about something is when a team disciplined a player.

^This, you have no idea what the locker rooms are like and in Winnipeg they hated him because he had a terrible attitude and wore a tracksuit to games because he ignored the team directive. The problem was definitely with Kane, not Wheeler, Ladd or Buff as they haven't had problems with anyone else and Kane manages to get into trouble everywhere he goes.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How is Zboril developing?? Something around Zboril and a dump?

Zboril
Beleksey

for

Kane
B Prospect

I'd have to think long and hard on that. Lauzon might be the LD you would actually want, though. B prospect would ideally be a right shot C/RW.

I'd really need him to have an enforceable morals clause that allows voiding of the contract if he was re-signed. Very uncomfortable with reports on how he treats women, but, and I am not defending what he has done as "boys will be boys" in any way, it is the kind of behavior that you hope he can grow out of.

Edit: Also, would want to know what he is looking for in an extension, of course.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
For the record I don't think Kane is a good person, I think he's an a-hole, but where it matters most on the ice, and even in the locker room here he's been pretty damn good. I'll take his 25-30 goals next year over the scraps some are offering around here. In the end, some team will value what Kane brings and pay a good price for him and if not he stays in Buffalo. Garbage bottom pairing defenseman can be acquired fairly easily.[/QUOTE

What he brings on the ice means little in this situation. It is unique. He is being traded not because he doesn't produce or because he can bring back a good return. He is going to be moved because the Pegula's and I assume Botterill by extension, want players of high character and integrity. That is not Evander Kane. And everyone in hockey knows it. He will be moved because it will improve the team by him not being in the room. Addition by subtraction. Any live body they can get in return is a bonus.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Tbh, I had Kane going to either LA or Boston this offseason anyways. Eklund may actually be right who knows

If you keep linking him to a bunch of teams his chances of being kind of right increase

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So lets see if i have this, they traded Kessel because of attitude issues.....the traded Seguin because of attitude issues.....and now they are going to acquire Kane? Makes sense...:shakehead

they drafted kessel despite his attitude... drafted seguin despite his attitude... back in the day traded for middleton despite his attitude

bruin ownership/management has traditionally felt the bruin tradition can fix a players attitude. when it doesnt, the team is quick to get rid of the guy

do i think they want kane? theres no cap room so i vote no... but i dont think its because they fear his attitude

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
This is utter BS. No team is actively seeking evander kane. Think about what people on this board know about him, than think about what GMs have probably heard. He has the ability to score some goals sure, but a much greater ability to destroy locker rooms

Please tell us how many NHL locker rooms you hang out in. And how many GM's you have personally spoken to

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
For the record I don't think Kane is a good person, I think he's an a-hole, but where it matters most on the ice, and even in the locker room here he's been pretty damn good. I'll take his 25-30 goals next year over the scraps some are offering around here. In the end, some team will value what Kane brings and pay a good price for him and if not he stays in Buffalo. Garbage bottom pairing defenseman can be acquired fairly easily.[/QUOTE

What he brings on the ice means little in this situation. It is unique. He is being traded not because he doesn't produce or because he can bring back a good return. He is going to be moved because the Pegula's and I assume Botterill by extension, want players of high character and integrity. That is not Evander Kane. And everyone in hockey knows it. He will be moved because it will improve the team by him not being in the room. Addition by subtraction. Any live body they can get in return is a bonus.

The reason fans want him moved is because our defense is terrible and he's the most valuable piece we can afford to part with.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

You have no idea how he is "in the room", so ultimately you have no idea what effect not having him in that locker room would have. The one thing that is for sure is that moving him for scraps hurts the on ice product, and honestly that's not debatable. He potted 28 goals in 70 games. That will inevitably appeal to several GM's in a league where scoring goals has become very difficult. Will his extracurricular activities hurt his value some? Sure, but I doubt it will be as significant as many of you think. If all that is available is bottom pairing defenseman and scraps in a Kane trade, they keep Kane for one year and let him walk. At this point there's zero evidence that Kane has negatively affected our locker room and that getting him out is some sort of high priority.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Face punchimg aside...yes...a guy who has averaged 20 goals a season over his 8 NHL season career, who has had very public issues with both of his last 2 teams isn't going to have much value. And either of the Miller's would be a major upgrade for Buffalo's D.

lmao

Greg Schuler

Apr 3, 2012
neither the GM or coach are the same as before

Don Sweeney has been in the Boston front office since 2006. Kessel was traded in 2009 and Seguin later than that. Cam Neely has been a member since 2007, ascending to the presidency in 2010. While both men were not in decision making positions, they were part of the process. Neely, in particular, seemed intent on ridding the team of Seguin because of those maturity issues.

That written, maybe Boston would decide to trade with a divisional rival for a player with a somewhat unique reputation. It could happen, just seems unlikely.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I don't think anything happens. Not because its Eklund, but because of Botterill. He was brought in from outside the org. I just think he's going to have a feeling out process before making any significant moves.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Yes we'd gladly turn down 25 even strength goals for the wonderful oppurtunity to watch either Miller put up 10 points max on our third pairing...geeez, thanks for that deal...get a freaking grip...

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Any deal with the Bruins for Kane has to have Beleskey going to the Sabres as part of it for cap reasons. Kane has some talent, but wow what a hot mess off the ice. I would take the gamble since he has 1 year left, but not offering our best prospects like Zboril, most I would offer is Beleskey + Spooner + Grezlcyk. I think that is fair, Grezlcyk is a Krug type player and Spooner would certainly help the Sabres PP and add more speed.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
How is Zboril developing?? Something around Zboril and a dump?

Zboril
Beleksey

for

Kane
B Prospect

40+ useless posts telling us why Eklund is dumb. One post actually trying to enjoy the hypothetical. I appreciate you for this. As a Sabres fan I'd say take away the b prospect and we're good.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
This is utter BS. No team is actively seeking evander kane. Think about what people on this board know about him, than think about what GMs have probably heard. He has the ability to score some goals sure, but a much greater ability to destroy locker rooms

He's done no such thing in Buffalo.

I swear anytime some player does something off the ice, people run rampant with these bs ideas about a players value and their effect on a locker room. One of the most pervasive and incorrect ideas around here (among other things) is this whole "locker room cancer" narrative and how people assume things and act like they know what's going on in the locker room just because of what they read in the media.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Did Boston show any interest in bringing Lucic back? Are they looking for that kind of player?

2018 first rounder would probably make me pull the trigger. But other fans expect a top four defender.

I wouldn't mind extending Kane, but doubt he wants to stay. Probably expecting to make 7 million as well... If we go with Reinhart, ROR and Eichel down the middle Kane doesn't really fit on any of the top three lines.

I don't see Boston trading for Lucic. They traded him because they thought his best years were behind him and they were unwilling to commit to him long term

Nov 24, 2006
I'm not a Kane fan at all but I'm not sure how a guy who doesn't even speak can destroy a locker room. Read anything about Kane and you'll quickly find out that Buff, Wheeler, Ladd didn't like him because he kept to himself and rarely involved himself with teammates off the ice. And let's be honest those 3 guys aren't exactly likeable personalities either. In Buffalo he's had no problems with his teammates except that once again he doesn't talk much and keeps to himself.

I find them all quite likeable to be honest. Not sure who wouldn't.

Kane on the other hand, is a d*****bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad