Eklund Rumor: E. Kane to Boston

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Taking Beleskey is a Cap Dump to make the trade work. He has 3 more years left and that's a risk for us. We aren't taking a dump and a lesser prospect. Zboril is the type of prospect (not-proven NHL) we take a chance on.
Kane is a huge upgrade over Beleskey and you have the opportunity to extend him.
Kane is the player you love when he's on your team. Motor never stops.

We would regret not having him for a playoff run having watched the Ducks and Nashville pound each other.

I'd be cautious with some of the off ice issues especially with some of the younger guys we have in the organization. I'm sure veteran guys like Berg, Chara, Backes, Krejci, etc. would be able to handle him, but if he gets a hold of guys like Pasta, McAvoy, Carlo, etc. could be a serious issue.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I like E. Kane's game but I wouldn't be eager to get into a bidding war for him. Just too much baggage to go along with being a UFA after next year. You only get one year to see how he fits and either move on sign him to a big contract. Kind of a risky move to make.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
A six million dollar 2nd or third line 20-20 guy is what we are missing?

Kane is a better left wing option than anyone we have in the system not named Marchand. He would make our top 6 instantly better, and it's been well proven that Krejci is at his best when playing with a physical forward (Lucic, Horton, Iginla, etc). Risk involved for both sides IMO But not a lot of risk.

And "pushing 26" LMAO. How old are you?? 26 is pretty darn young to me. :laugh:

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
A six million dollar 2nd or third line 20-20 guy is what we are missing?

LOL.... so Kane who is only 25 and has already had seasons where he scored 30 goals in 74 games and 28 goals in 70 games is a 20/20 guy. Not to mention he is a heavy, hard playing power forward not a one dimensional JVR.
When did 5.25 get rounded up to 6 million??? :help:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kane is a better left wing option than anyone we have in the system not named Marchand. He would make our top 6 instantly better, and it's been well proven that Krejci is at his best when playing with a physical forward (Lucic, Horton, Iginla, etc). Risk involved for both sides IMO But not a lot of risk.

And "pushing 26" LMAO. How old are you?? 26 is pretty darn young to me. :laugh:

Even in hockey terms, jeez! 26 is the new 35 in hockey, I guess.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
LOL.... so Kane who is only 25 and has already had seasons where he scored 30 goals in 74 games and 28 goals in 70 games is a 20/20 guy. Not to mention he is a heavy, hard playing power forward not a one dimensional JVR.

Not one dimensional like JVR... are you saying Kane knows what defense is?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Despite getting 1st line minutes ( 19-20 TOI ) his PPG was on a steady decline since his 30 goal year until last year, but he still didn't break the 50 point mark, something he's done only once in his career. That's not good production for someone getting the TOI he is getting and what he makes for salary.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
...the meh production vs 5.25m per... the baggage he brings with him... the fact we need to extend Pastrnak with roughly 10m of cap space... each enough of a valid reason not to want Kane. Put them together and it's a resounding NO.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Despite getting 1st line minutes ( 19-20 TOI ) his PPG was on a steady decline since his 30 goal year until last year, but he still didn't break the 50 point mark, something he's done only once in his career. That's not good production for someone getting the TOI he is getting and what he makes for salary.

So how would you classify Beleskey's production and what he makes for salary.
For 3 more years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad