Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The expectations are ridiculous. I have won the cup twice and have made the playoffs every year pretty much and had a 2020-2021 record of 67-10-5 with a presidents trophy and stanley cup but the owner wants 36 wins out of me and maybe a trip to the postseason "but if I dont he wont be mad"........

:laugh:

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
The expectations are ridiculous. I have won the cup twice and have made the playoffs every year pretty much and had a 2020-2021 record of 67-10-5 with a presidents trophy and stanley cup but the owner wants 36 wins out of me and maybe a trip to the postseason "but if I dont he wont be mad"........

Every time for me. I think he bases the expectations either off the age of the team or the salary cap, not the actual overalls.

GhostofRichardPark

Jun 19, 2011
Victoria
You would think that they would base it off of overalls because this is a young team still with high potential. Some players are still on ELCs which bring the cap hit down significantly. Even while icing this team I still have just over 5 million in cap space. Hopefully they fix this for NHL15 because its absolutely ridiculous.

Pawlenchuk (87) RNH (89) Kucherov (91)
Shinkaruk (83) Dauphin (85) Bjorksrand (85)
O Reilly (83) Gaunce (86) Leipsic (83)
Ferland (81)White (81) Shaw (81)

Day (86) Hamilton (89)
Kulikov (85) Tanev (85)
Kichton (80) Sustr (80)

Subban (91)
Peltier (85)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
You would think that they would base it off of overalls because this is a young team still with high potential. Some players are still on ELCs which bring the cap hit down significantly. Even while icing this team I still have just over 5 million in cap space. Hopefully they fix this for NHL15 because its absolutely ridiculous.

I usually struggle to hit the cap floor. Often end up with $20M+ in cap space when I get my team completed to my liking. I like to always be turning my bottom three lines and bottom pairings over with young talent, but often end up scrambling to add an expensive veteran in September to make the floor.

BigBadBruins63*

Pawlenchuk (87) RNH (89) Kucherov (91)
Shinkaruk (83) Dauphin (85) Bjorksrand (85)
O Reilly (83) Gaunce (86) Leipsic (83)
Ferland (81)White (81) Shaw (81)

Day (86) Hamilton (89)
Kulikov (85) Tanev (85)
Kichton (80) Sustr (80)

Subban (91)
Peltier (85)

Any information on these guys??

Last edited by a moderator:

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
I started a Chicago GM mode where i'm planning to play all the games in the 1st season, and maybe a second season too, if i will eer get there.

So far my record is 4-0-0, and my current line-up is this:

Sharp (87) - Toews (92) - Nyquist (78)
Saad (81) - Teräväinen (77) - Shaw (80)
Nordström (74) - Bozak (83) - Dvorak (77)
Bickell (80) - Kruger (78) - McLaren (73)

Keith (90) - Seabrook (89)
Hjalmarsson (85) - Demers (84)
Leddy (81) - Blum (79)

Crawford (85)
Raanta (74)

Injuries: Kane (88), Hossa (89), Versteeg (83)

Season hasn't started really well considering my top 3 RWs are injured.

Keith is leadin the team in points wih 0+6 and goal leaders are Saad and McLaren with 3 goals.
(McLaren had a hattrick in the first game) :laugh:

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I started a Chicago GM mode where i'm planning to play all the games in the 1st season, and maybe a second season too, if i will eer get there.

So far my record is 4-0-0, and my current line-up is this:

Sharp (87) - Toews (92) - Nyquist (78)
Saad (81) - Teräväinen (77) - Shaw (80)
Nordström (74) - Bozak (83) - Dvorak (77)
Bickell (80) - Kruger (78) - McLaren (73)

Keith (90) - Seabrook (89)
Hjalmarsson (85) - Demers (84)
Leddy (81) - Blum (79)

Crawford (85)
Raanta (74)

Injuries: Kane (88), Hossa (89), Versteeg (83)

Season hasn't started really well considering my top 3 RWs are injured.

Keith is leadin the team in points wih 0+6 and goal leaders are Saad and McLaren with 3 goals.
(McLaren had a hattrick in the first game) :laugh:

Maybe turn down your injury sliders. The computers never really hit, so when you do it messes with the flow.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Maybe turn down your injury sliders. The computers never really hit, so when you do it messes with the flow.

Yeah i turned it down last game, and i have aggression bars on 5 (makes the cpu shoot and hit more, and overall more aggresive) and hitting and hitting assistance on 0 so every hit isn't an overly huge hit.

Versteeg was luckily only away two games, but Hossa and Kane are injured for the next 7 weeks. :help:

And also signed Burmistrov to help with depth.

Hydro

Apr 29, 2013
Windsor
Started a Pittsburgh GM and I'll be playing every game. Made a few trades for forwards, but turned the cap off because it always seems to mess up the Pens. Not going to make any crazy trades or anything, just want to play.

:pens

Neal 88 - Crosby 'C' 95 - Bennett 80
Jokinen 82 - Malkin 'A' 92 - Kunitz 84
Cogliano 82 - Sutter 83 - Dupuis 82
Saad 81 - Vitale 76 - Pyatt 77

Martin 'A' 85 - Letang 89
Despres 80 - Niskanen 84
Maatta 76 - Bortuzzo 73

Fleury 85
Vokoun 84

Made two trades, Scuderi for Cogliano + Orpik for Saad.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Get any other notable prospects out of the fantasy draft? Team looks weak for now, but full of 4.5 star guys.

LW Tom Kühnhackl - 3.5 red
C Curtis Lazar - 3.5 yellow
D Josh Morrissey - 4 yellow
D Shea Theodore - 4 yellow
D Griffin Reinhart - 4.5 yellow
G Anthony Brodeur - 4 yellow

I rather tried to get good talent than superstars.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
This has probably been asked 763,594 times, but can anyone recommend some really good sliders? I like a realistic, "real life" type of game; dumping the puck, passing, actually working it around on a powerplay, rather than stick-handling and psycho-hitting.

Eagles MA

Sep 9, 2011
You can try some of the sliders on Operation Sports. There's different sets for different game modes, period lengths and difficulties. I just read a few topics and then came up with my own sliders based on their recommendations, they're pretty close to Phantom's.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Columbus Blue Jackets 2018-2019

Starting Roster
Yakupov (87) - Mackinnon (89) - Drouin (89)
Tarasenko (85) - Duchene (88) - Kane (89)
Etem (85) - T. Ekblad (89) - Paajarvi (82)
Wolski (78) - McDavid (84) - Bjorkstrand (84)

Johnson (87) - A. Ekblad (87)
Murray (85) - Hamilton (86)
Gelinas (81) - Kostka (78)

Dansk (86)
Bobrovsky (84)

I traded 22 year old winger Paul Bittner (80 ovr 4.5 yellow) and 25 year old defender Griffin Reinhart (79 ovr 4.5 yellow) for 19 year old goalie Brent Dunham (82 ovr 5 yellow). I also traded Baertschi and Horak back to Calgary for Emerson Etem (85 ovr 4 green) and Oliver Bjorkstrand (84 ovr 4 green).

I've found that players usually peak at around 26 or 27 years old no matter how much potential they have. Even though Griffin Reinhart had the same potential as Ryan Murray he never peaked. Even though he'll likely be a 79 for the rest of his career, he still had a decent amount of value. If you find a guy with a lot of potential that's 24-25 years old you should only pick him up as trade bait. Don't expect them to get much better.

I'll likely have to trade or release Bobrovsky soon to make cap space for this Dunham kid, but otherwise I'm good on cap.

I also have a question, what judges how much a players overall goes up or down? Ryan Murray was 84 overall at 22 years old, then the next year he bounced up to 88 overall. After that he went back down to 85 where it looks like he is staying. Why does he fluctuate so much?

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
EA has always struggled when it comes to simulating with offensive Dmen.

You have to self-customize quite a few key categories yourself, including offiensive awareness (90+), passing, and of course a shot.

I did that to both Karlsson and Subban to help mimic their real life point-producing players.

Jack Johnson finished the 2015 season with 93 assists :amazed: but has failed to hit even 60 points since then (I'm in 2019).

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
So I just played a game in my Stars Fantasy draft game. I play on superstar with custom sliders that make the opponent as good as "realistically" (not at all but whatevs) good as possible. I played against Minnesota who really don't have a bad team, especially not a bad defence (Weber, Hedman, Lehtonen).

So anyway, I won 13:1. Lehtonen started the game and got a .533 save percentage, Nabokov .625 in the second half of the game. My best scorers:
Duchene 3+4
Yakupov 4+2
Boyle 0+5
Only 6 players didn't get a point.

This is just no fun at all and I really don't know what else to change. It's not just the shot sliders because my opponents never even get shots or time on attack (2:55 with 13 shots). It's just stupid...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Has anybody ever seen this before?

If you edit a CHLers stats and potential (in this case McDavid) so that they are high enough, when fully scouted, instead of being marked as Top 5, they'll be marked as "Franchise".

I've never seen it before until today, just thought I'd pass it on.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Has anybody ever seen this before?

If you edit a CHLers stats and potential (in this case McDavid) so that they are high enough, when fully scouted, instead of being marked as Top 5, they'll be marked as "Franchise".

I've never seen it before until today, just thought I'd pass it on.

Yeah, the "franchise" players have been in the game for a while, from about NHL 11/12 (could be older, but dont remember). And they are labelled as "Franchise" when they are higher than a certain overall. In NHL 12 it was around 84/85 overall when a player would be labelled as franchise, don't know about 13/14, since i've yet to encounter one.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Figured I'd post whats going on in my GM mode. I'm in year three as GM of the Detroit Red Wings.

Zetterberg "C" (90) - Datsyuk "A" (92) - Tatar (82)
Franzen (84) - Weiss (85) - Nyquist (83)
Upshall (79) - Helm (82) - Sobotka (81)
Ferraro (77) - Sheahan (77) -Abdelkader (79)
ex-Glendening (77)

Staal (87) - Kronwall (88)
Ericsson (83) - Smith (85)
DeKeyser (82) - Weber (78)
ex-Almquist (75)

Howard (89)
Mrazek (79)

Signed Upshall in the past offseason, Sobotka the year before. Marc Staal I managed to outbid everyone on free agency. Mrazek, Almquist, Ferraro, Glendening, Sheahan all just graduated from Grand Rapids and Jurco isn't far off. In terms of prospects Brendan Ranford, Anthony Mantha and Alex Wennberg are coming along just fine with Ranford surprisingly enough being the best of the three so far.

Team-wise I managed to win the Cup my first year beating Chicago, getting Alfredsson and Bertuzzi a Cup before they retired. Second year I lost to Boston in the Semi-Finals.

ThatNavyGuy

Mar 6, 2012
Yeah, the "franchise" players have been in the game for a while, from about NHL 11/12 (could be older, but dont remember). And they are labelled as "Franchise" when they are higher than a certain overall. In NHL 12 it was around 84/85 overall when a player would be labelled as franchise, don't know about 13/14, since i've yet to encounter one.

Anyone else's drafts being labeled "weaker than usual"? I'm in 2023-24 and all of the drafts have been this.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Florida Panthers
:panthers

Yup, started a new GM-mode. The goal is to make 5 seasons, after that i see what i do.

So i made some trades, i like having symmetry among the lines and we had too many centers and too few offensive wingers. So i made a few trades to turn our young roster around into something that maybe in a few seasons can be good.

Trades
:panthers| Mats Zuccarello, Ryan Bourque
:rangers| Scott Gomes, Colby Robak
:panthers| Nail Yakupov, Andrew Miller
:edmonton| Drew Shore, Quinton Howden

So the lineups looks like this. Still not good enough for a playoff but give it a few years, we certainly got potential for playoff-contention.

T. Fleischmann PLY 81| J. Huberdeau PLY 82| B. Boyes SNP 82
M. Zuccarello PLY 81| A. Barkov PLY 81| N. Yakupov PLY 81
S. Bergenheim TWF 81| M. Goc TWF 81 (VC)| T. Kopecky TWF 80
S. Upshall TWF 79| S. Matthias PWF 80| J. Hayes PWF 75
Reserves | K. Barch GRN 71|B. Butler SNP 78
D. Kulikov TWD 84| B. Campbell OFD (VC)
E. Jovanovski OFD 80 (C)| E. Gudbranson DFD 82
R. Whitney OFD 82| T. Gilbert TWD 79
Reserve| M. Gilroy TWD 77
J. Markström HYB 80
T. Thomas HYB 76

Theman305

Jul 3, 2013
I have writed one of the best write-ups I've done, when I did preview post, It looked very good. Got back and wanted to post it. Everything was gone. I got very angry. So I'm just gonna write my line-up for Calgary and the most important.

Landeskog - (Brayden) Schenn - Yakupov
Lecavalier - Backlund - Iginla (C)
Roy - Hudler (A) - Nemisz
Bouma - Stajan - Aliu

Giordano - Myers (A)
Brodie - Wideman
Butler - Ballard

Kiprusoff
Karlsson

Cammalieri, Glenncross, Derek Smith, MacDonald every 1st and 2nd round pick from years 2016 to 2019 is gone. 3rd round pick 2015 and 2014 gone.

Other I got was Shinkaruk, 1st 2014 from Montreal and Minnesota. 2nd 2014 Buffalo, LA Kings and Minnesota. And a 2nd 2015 from Vancouver.

Lecavalier and Derek Roy for trade bate. Sorry for this small write-up but the good one I did that just got gone. It was to long and I don't want to write that again. Don't remember everyting.

:flames

Last edited:

Theman305

Jul 3, 2013
Season update:
Traded lecavalier and roy to Nashville for Roman Josi and 1st and 2nd 2014 and 1st 2015
Traded Paul Byron to Phoenix for Andy Miele
Montreal is doing okay, not bad but okay. Minnesota is doing good. and Nashville is in the top of the league.
I got thier firsts. My team is doing pretty bad. Which is good cuz I'm doing a rebuild.
Got Desharnais and Derek Smith (back) under trade deadline.
Got down Wideman to AHL through waivers but no one claimed him. No one wants him cuz of his contract. So no one claimed him either.

Finished the season 38-36-8 with an happy owner. No one retired. Which is good...

:flames

Last edited:

Theman305

Jul 3, 2013
It wasn't fun doing another Calgary. So I'm gonna do, :edmonton instead. I want too see what I can do with players like RNH, Eberle, Hall, Yakupov, Gagner, Schultz and everybody y'know.
I'm gonna do a funny thing. Go for the Stanley Cup right away. But after the half season. If things doesn't look good. Then a rebuild. :handclap:
Still same rules as Calgary though. Injuries off. And same rosters so....
Gonna start right away. :D

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013

It's been in the game for awhile now. Back in 09, I drafted an 18 y/o C, 89 OV. I'll never forget his name; Raymond Langkow lol. Only seen one since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad