Calgary Flames Season Wrapup

Final record: 60-11-11

Top 10 point scorers
1. Jonathan Drouin: 38 G 52 A 90 P
2. Tyler Seguin: 12 G 67 A 79 P
3. Sven Baertschi: 22 G 49 A 71 P
4. Adam Erne: 22 G 46 A 68 P
5. Mikko Koivu: 25 G 37 A 62 P
6. Blake Wedderburn: 34 G 20 A 54 P (Rookie)
7. Dougie Hamilton: 21 G 30 A 51 P
8. Patrick Sharp: 16 G 28 A 44 P
9. Nikita Kucherov: 15 G 29 A 44 P
10. Ryan Pilon: 10 G 27 A 37 P

badams326

Apr 17, 2014
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Kronwall all retired at the same time in year 5. Gotta do the rebuild now.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Kronwall all retired at the same time in year 5. Gotta do the rebuild now.

Does DET have any good, young prospects?

I'm looking for a team that I can rebuild and not be gifted young stars.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Sounds like the Flames to me. ;)

1404334289652.jpg

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
Welp. 8 years done. Did a write up but laptop died
We swept round 1 of the playoffs VS Dallas, knocked out Colorado in 7 and in Game 6 OT in the conference finals,

Vladimir
Freaking
Tarasenko

Ends my reign as Flames GM. *sigh*

San Jose is up next. Going full blown rebuild. That team really needs prospects.

l Landeskog l

Landy 4 President
Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Welp. 8 years done. Did a write up but laptop died
We swept round 1 of the playoffs VS Dallas, knocked out Colorado in 7 and in Game 6 OT in the conference finals,

Vladimir
Freaking
Tarasenko

Ends my reign as Flames GM. *sigh*

San Jose is up next. Going full blown rebuild. That team really needs prospects.

Keep Demers, he's from the same city as me :nod: :naughty:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
anyone know any good realistic sliders?

I had ones with pulled pork once. They had coleslaw in 'em. Coleslaw is realistic.

Any ufas you've ever signed first year that's under 70ov that u would suggest others getting for depth on there nhl or ahl squad

I'm not sure who's available in year one but you shouldn't aim for under 70 IMO. I sign the highest OVR guys that take a buriable contracts. I usually sign Matt Gilroy, Raphael Diaz and Mike Lundin cause Lundin used to be a good player for me in 08 or 09 or something. Then I sign guys with high awareness ratings. Kael Mouillierat has had some good season for me in the A. And if you want your AHL team to do well get a good goalie.

Last edited:

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Screw it, not gonna worry about rebuilding immediately. Gonna finally use my favorite team, the Bruins.

Not exactly rebuilding, but we're thin at RW, so that at least gives me something to work with.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Just started up my BeAGM with BOS. Have made one trade so far. Traded McQuaid (retaining $0.500M) and my 2014 2nd for Michael Grabner.

Grabner was expendable, since NY's right side had some depth, but they had TERRIBLE defensemen, so I gave them a solid Top 4 with high poise, took some salary back (so really paying $3.5M for Grabner) and a 2nd. I filled a much-needed hole at RW, so now I can move Smith down to the 3rd line, and Caron down to the 4th. Fraser will be moved down to the minors, and Soderberg will get the nod at the other 4th line winger...at least for now. Yes, I understand that's a pretty depleted 4th line. I'll work on another trade to remedy that.

Anyways, it sucks that I had to give up so much, but I figured that Hamilton will probably become a Top 4 D-Man mid-season anyways (and we should already be on-pace to make the playoffs by then, so the wait shouldn't hurt too bad), and Morrow will probably become that DPTH D mid-season that we want, and maybe Top 6 in the future. So we won't really be losing much.

My next goals are to replace Svedberg as the backup (goalie rotations off, but just in case) and to fortify that fourth line LW spot. Caron is good enough as a 4th line PWF, so looking for a decent PWF at LW for the 4th line. May lookto free agency for backup G.

A Calgary Flames Fan

Jun 13, 2011
Calgary
:sharks
Does the new GM in San Jose mean rebuild?

Less than an hour after Jay Morrison was hired as the next GM and Head Coach of the San Jose Sharks, fans began to wonder if the team was heading into a rebuild phase.

After hearing these rumours, Jay announced this to the public.

"We do need to make a few big trades if we want to become an elite team again. I'm not sure if we can make the playoffs with this roster. We are very low on young talent, that's somewhere I hope to approve."

Not long after his announcement, Jay confirmed that Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau were tradeable.

"If we want to get younger, these guys, plus a couple others, don't fit into my plan for the team."

Jay immediately got busy in the trade market

:sharks Alexander Semin, Jeff Skinner, Andrej Sekera
:canes Joe Thornton, Justin Braun, Mike Brown, 2016 1st Rd Pick, 2014 2nd Rd Pick (Previously belonged to Pittsburgh)

:sharks Marcus Foligno, Brian Gionta, Jamie McBain, Andre Benoit
:sabres Patrick Marleau, Konrad Abeltshauser, Barclay Goodrow, John McCarthy, 2015 2nd Rd Pick

:sharks Seymon Varlamov, Maxime Talbot, Jamie McGinn, Gulliame Desbiens, Cory Sarich
:avs Antti Niemi, Tyler Kennedy, Raffi Torres, Adam Burish, Scott Hannan

Line Ups
Skinner-Pavelski-Semin
Foligno-Couture-Burns
McGinn-Hertl-Gionta
Wingels-Talbot-Sheppard

Vlasic-Sekera
Irwin-Demers
Sarich-McBain

Varlamov
Stalock

Captain: Joe Pavelski
Alternates: Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Brett Burns

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
I actually just went back and re-did the Grabner trade because of a mistake (I thought it'd clear more cap space). New trade is, instead of retaining half a million, I gave them a 4th instead. Really love the trade, as it helps both teams a good amount, and I love Grabner's speed (I like to dump n' chase).

Alright just got my 4th line LW in a trade.

Got Drew Miller from DET for Peter Cehlarik and my 2015 4th. They already have lots of depth at both wings, so Miller was really expendable. They got a nice 3 1/2 star yellow prospect and a pick. Drew Miller is 29, so he's already past his prime, and they get a nice, young prospect to go along with Jurco and Mantha on the other wings.

Even after Datsyuk retires, DET should still be good. I've had Jurco in previous BeAGM's, and he always turns out to be very clutch in the playoffs.

Also, got my G. Traded Svedberg to WAS for a 4th, so I basically handed them a gift to clear some cap. Moved down Fraser as well for the same reason. Signed DiPietro, hoping he still has something left, for 2 years at $1.32M/year. Have ~$0.75M left in cap, and only 18 skaters on my NHL roster, so I may have to make another trade to free cap if multiple players get seriously injured, depending on who they are and if they're waiver eligible.

Anyways, here's what my roster looks like ATM:

Marchand (86) - Bergeron (89) - Eriksson - (85)
Lucic (87) - Krejci (87) - Grabner (82)
Paille (79) - Kelly (80) - Smith (81)
Miller (79) - Campbell (78) - Caron (76)

First line is pretty good. Absolutely love my second line. Should be VERY good (I hope). Third line is alright, nothing special at all. Fourth line is below-average, I'd say.

Chara (92) - Seidenberg (87)
Hamilton (79) - Boychuk (85)
Potter (78) - Krug (79)

First line is great. Second line is lacking because of Hamilton, but, like I said, he should be a Top 4 D-Man by mid-season, so that line will be solid. Third line is lacking.

Rask (87) - DiPietro (81)

Good 1-2 punch. Hopefully DiPietro barely even plays (goalie rotation off, so that would mean Rask not getting injured).

Depth will be my biggest concern this year. I have no doubt that my top 2 forward and D lines will be the solid, and that my goaltending will be solid, but, outside of that, I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Dam, finished 41-31-10. Made playoffs, but lost in first round to PIT in 6.

As expected, Hamilton became Top 4. Morrow didn't become DPTH D, but that's okay, we signed Steve Eminger in FA anyways, and his poise should help us more in the playoffs. Let Jeremy Smith go so that:

1. Subban could start in the minors.
2. To free cap space for Rob Zepp. High poise backup minor G that could help in playoffs if Subban goes down.

Krejci went down to an 85. Sucks, but that's alright. Got Jarret Stoll in FA, so he should be a solid third-liner, and we can move Kelly down to 4th. Paille and Miller both went down to 78. Not huge losses. Grabner went up to 85 and Caron to 78, so like those both. Put Grabner on 1st line and Eriksson on 2nd, hoping that Eriksson can continue to get points on the 2nd line and Grabner can have a bounce-back season (didn't play up to my expectations last season).

Krug went up to an 80, which is good, but Rask went down to an 85. He's now just a starter, not an elite goalie. That's probably the biggest blow. Hopefully my improved depth at the forward positions can make up for that.

GOt Miles Koules with my 1st. 3 1/2 yellow, 65 overall, 20-year-old. Not sure if he'll ever become an NHLer, but he'll definitely be an AHLer, so I can't complain.

LetsGoFlyers8

May 16, 2014
I was just messing around playing as the Panthers and I put Huberdeau, Barkov, Nylander, OEL, and Ekblad on every line. I also had Gibson in net. I went 59-16-7 and I won the cup. The lines looked like this:

Huberdeau (90)- Barkov (90)- Nylander (79)
OEL (88)- Ekblad(91)
Gibson(79)

I swept the awards and won every NHL award except the Campbell (Western Conference Cup Finalist). Huberdeau had 230 points and he won the Art Ross, Hart, Lindsay, and Richard. Barkov had 225 points and he won the Lady Byng, Conn Smythe, and the Selke. Nylander had 148 points but he didn't win anything. OEL had 78 points and he won the Norris and the Masterton. Ekblad had 77 points but he didn't win anything and Gibson won the Calder, Vezina, and the Jennings. This is probably the best season I've ever seen in this game

ZeroPT*

Any fun recommendations for teams? Trying to get back into write ups but I don't know which team I should take over..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad