Dynasty Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

afurrywabbitwolf

Dec 12, 2010
Just finished season 2 with Boston. After getting kncked out in 7 last year in the first round, I missed the playoffs this year, despite the fact that I barely had any injuries, and I thought my starters were solid. On the bright side, the Grabner trade certainly worked out, as he scored 36 goals for me. Pretty sure Chara will retire, and got a lot of RFAs, so, since my team is not as good as I thought, I may start my rebuild much earlier than anticipated. My team as a whole isn't THAT old, but we don't have any real good upcoming prospects (Hamilton made his jump, Koules won't be anything special, Subban hasn't jumped yet), and we're not even a playoff team.

Do you guys think I should start the rebuild? I honestly thought I could make Cup runs these first two years, but we've been a borderline playoff team at best.

Almost all of my guys had positive +/-, and I thought my lineups were pretty solid, but I guess not.

Seems like the Bruins always do horrible right away in 13 and 14...LOL

I will have to scroll up and find your roster.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just drafted a defenseman 1st overall in 2021 and he came out of the draft 87 overall 5 yellow stars. I also drafted a guy the year before who was an 83 overall 5 yellow. He was a 90 by the end of his first season

How were you able to tank so hard for so long? please tell us your magical tanking ways O great one! :bow:

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Would Bergeron ($1M retained) and the #13 pick be enough for the 2015 #1 and Kyle Brodziak (expiring)?

Trade values are in their favor because Bergeron is so high, and they'd get a guaranteed player, but is that enough for, realistically, McDavid? They'd have a killer 1st line and have Vanek lead their 2nd line, and they'd definitely be a playoff team in the West, but McDavid is pretty highly-touted.

But again, Bergeron is a guaranteed player. He's only 29, so he's got a lot of years left. He'll only be a $5.5M cap hit on them, and they get the #13 pick as well. Brodziak is simply cap filler to make the trade work.

I think I should pull the trigger, since there's no guarantee McDavid will even get as good as Bergeron. If I added in a future 2nd, would that be more fair?

I don't care if I give too much, but I certainly care about not scamming the CPU. Realistically, is there ANYTHING I could give to get that #1 pick (McDavid) from MIN?

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Would Bergeron ($1M retained) and the #13 pick be enough for the 2015 #1 and Kyle Brodziak (expiring)?

Trade values are in their favor because Bergeron is so high, and they'd get a guaranteed player, but is that enough for, realistically, McDavid? They'd have a killer 1st line and have Vanek lead their 2nd line, and they'd definitely be a playoff team in the West, but McDavid is pretty highly-touted.

But again, Bergeron is a guaranteed player. He's only 29, so he's got a lot of years left. He'll only be a $5.5M cap hit on them, and they get the #13 pick as well. Brodziak is simply cap filler to make the trade work.

I think I should pull the trigger, since there's no guarantee McDavid will even get as good as Bergeron. If I added in a future 2nd, would that be more fair?

I don't care if I give too much, but I certainly care about not scamming the CPU. Realistically, is there ANYTHING I could give to get that #1 pick (McDavid) from MIN?

Put it this way, would YOU accept that deal, for McDavid basically?
I know I would not, nor would any GM in the NHL right now.
and yes, there is NO guarantees he'll get good, he always does in the game.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Put it this way, would YOU accept that deal, for McDavid basically?
I know I would not, nor would any GM in the NHL right now.
and yes, there is NP guarantees he'll get good, he always does in the game.

Yeah, that's why I haven't pulled it off. I already knew the answer. Any other trades for Rask/Bergeron I could do? Prefer picks/young players. Maybe a young winger to pair with Grabner (planning on keeping him for his speed and goal-scoring throughout my rebuild).

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, that's why I haven't pulled it off. I already knew the answer. Any other trades for Rask/Bergeron I could do? Prefer picks/young players. Maybe a young winger to pair with Grabner (planning on keeping him for his speed and goal-scoring throughout my rebuild).

Hmm. Bergeron you could trade for a variety of players. Maybe Evander Kane and 1st from Winnipeg? Baertschi + from Calgary? JVR + from Toronto?

again for Rask, could trade for a number of things. what are your needs? could trade Rask for a good young C. you'd have to look around in your trade block, since each GM mode is different and players develop differently.

And it's nice to see someone NOT trade for McDavid, since almost every GM mode EVERYONE does, it's SOO unrealistic

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Hmm. Bergeron you could trade for a variety of players. Maybe Evander Kane and 1st from Winnipeg? Baertschi + from Calgary? JVR + from Toronto?

again for Rask, could trade for a number of things. what are your needs? could trade Rask for a good young C. you'd have to look around in your trade block, since each GM mode is different and players develop differently.

And it's nice to see someone NOT trade for McDavid, since almost every GM mode EVERYONE does, it's SOO unrealistic

Hmm, Baertschi is interesting. I had him in one BeAGM, and, despite his ratings not being elite, he KILLED it. Like 85 points+ every year. Maybe I'll look into him.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Oh yeah I know, he usually tops off around 86-88 and puts up MAD points with a good C beside him.

Him and their 2017 1st for Bergeron with 0.5M retained and my 2nd (no one I liked there that I'd scouted).

I think that's more than a fair trade for both teams, considering he only put up 42 points last year and was -17. But, him and Grabner should have a field day with Krejci feeding them the whole season. Yes, he will be on the 1st line, with Marchand on the 2nd with Eriksson and Lucic (letting me move Stoll down).

Oh, and Krejci is back up to 1st as his role and Rask Elite. But Rask still didn't perform, and he's overpaid, so I will probably trade him when FA hits or during the season in 2015 and try and pickup a starter for cheap in FA.

But wingers are definitely looking good. C is thin, but I will re-sign Stoll, I drafted a C (4 red stars, 18, 58 overall), and I can sign a decent 3rd liner in FA.

But have Marchand (86), Lucic (85), Baertschi (83), Miller (78), and Paille (78) at LW, and Grabner 85), Eriksson (84), Smith (80), Caron (78), and Griffith (75) at RW, so I should be set for a while at the wing spots, with plenty of depth.

Most of my D are FAs, so I'll certainly lose some there. Definitely resigning Hamilton, Krug, Bartowski, and Morrow. I might let Boychuk go, depending on his price.

afurrywabbitwolf

Dec 12, 2010
Jagr has made his return to Pittsburgh! (AI offered trade!) :P

In other news...
CBJ expect me to trade Malkin for Gaborik...and I HAVE TO ADD A 2ND!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Him and their 2017 1st for Bergeron with 0.5M retained and my 2nd (no one I liked there that I'd scouted).

I think that's more than a fair trade for both teams, considering he only put up 42 points last year and was -17. But, him and Grabner should have a field day with Krejci feeding them the whole season. Yes, he will be on the 1st line, with Marchand on the 2nd with Eriksson and Lucic (letting me move Stoll down).

Oh, and Krejci is back up to 1st as his role and Rask Elite. But Rask still didn't perform, and he's overpaid, so I will probably trade him when FA hits or during the season in 2015 and try and pickup a starter for cheap in FA.

But wingers are definitely looking good. C is thin, but I will re-sign Stoll, I drafted a C (4 red stars, 18, 58 overall), and I can sign a decent 3rd liner in FA.

But have Marchand (86), Lucic (85), Baertschi (83), Miller (78), and Paille (78) at LW, and Grabner 85), Eriksson (84), Smith (80), Caron (78), and Griffith (75) at RW, so I should be set for a while at the wing spots, with plenty of depth.

Most of my D are FAs, so I'll certainly lose some there. Definitely resigning Hamilton, Krug, Bartowski, and Morrow. I might let Boychuk go, depending on his price.

That was a pretty fair trade I'd say. Baertschi with Grabs and Krejci will be studly I bet. It's good for the game especially since Monahan, as good as a season he had as a rookie, never develops at all in GM mode. So it works out in the end.

Yeah, Rask's gotta go lol. you might even be able to swing a deal with Rask to Winnipeg for Scheifele and a 1st. That'd definitely help your C depth.
Could trade Boychuk now, get a D back for him. it's up to you though. Gardiner usually has low value, and I'm sure the Leafs would relish a good shut down R handed D.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Didn't wanna trade expirings because it'd be kinda cheap if it wasn't expirings I got in return. Anyways, got everyone I wanted to re-sign at good prices. Krejci was pretty pricey, but I got him at 5.45 for 4. Stoll at 1.85 for 1 (probably gonna replace him if he demands that next year). Miller for 1.35M for 1 (again, pricey, but I have plenty of cap space after the trade and with Chara retiring). Lucic expires next year, so should save some cap when I re-sign him (I can get him for well under 6M). Signed Baertschi for 4.5 for 5. Pricey for an 83 overall, but he's also 22, 4 1/2 yellow, and I know he'll produce on the first line. Got Grabner for 3.8 for 5, which is a huge steal, IMO, if you take into consideration his production. Hamilton at 4.0 for 6, which is also a big steal for someone that will almost certainly be a Top 2 D-Man in a couple of years. Krug for 2.0 for 3. Morrow accepted my tender of 0.905. Bartowski 0.700 for 3, 2-way. Gonna replace Eminger and Potter with younger guys. D will be thin this year, but that's alright. Our PK was already 26th, so couldn't get much worse. Brought DiPietro back for a year at 1.25.

Really happy about locking up Krejci, Baertschi, Grabner, and Hamilton long-term, as those will be my building blocks going forward. Krejci won't be here another 10 years, but maybe 6 or 7, which is more than long enough to get a replacement.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Scratch that, bringing back Potter and Eminger for another year. They only demanded .8 and .7 apiece, respectively. Boychuk wanted 5M. Sorry, not for an aging D-Man not producing on a rebuilding team, where he'll play 2nd line, lol.

I have $13M for FA to pickup a starting G and whatever else I need (most likely a third line C and maybe a Top 6 D-Man).

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Scratch that, bringing back Potter and Eminger for another year. They only demanded .8 and .7 apiece, respectively. Boychuk wanted 5M. Sorry, not for an aging D-Man not producing on a rebuilding team, where he'll play 2nd line, lol.

I have $13M for FA to pickup a starting G and whatever else I need (most likely a third line C and maybe a Top 6 D-Man).

Good deals there! you got them all locked up relatively cheaply!
Hopefully theres a decent younger Dman in FA you can sign.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Good deals there! you got them all locked up relatively cheaply!
Hopefully theres a decent younger Dman in FA you can sign.

Yeah, I'm targeting Alec Martinez and trying to bring Campbell back to my 4th line. Anyways, just traded Rask, my 2nd, and my 3rd to PIT for Fleury and their 1st. Tried to get Suter, but couldn't make it workout.

Why do they do it? Why DON'T they? I'm basically handing them the Stanley Cup. Adding an elite goalie to PIT? Instant favorites.

Why do I do it? Get a formidable starter for now, good cap relief now, get out of his contract in only 2 years, and another 1st this year (to add to my 2 the next year as well).

4 1sts the next 2 years and traded my worst contracts :)

Again, I think it's another fair trade. Hell, they're paying Rask a lot, but it's worth it for how much he'll help them. We weren't good enough for Rask to push us over the top. PIT is.

Maybe we'll do bad enough this year that we can be in the running for Day :yo:

Start of year 3 lineup will be:

Baertschi (83) - Krejci (87) - Grabner (85)
Marchand (86) - Lucic (85) - Eriksson (84)
Miller (78) - Stoll (81) - Smith (80)
Paille (78) - Campbell (78) - Caron (78)

Seidenberg (87) - Hamilton (86)
Krug (81) - Martinez (79)
Potter (78) - Eminger (77)

Fleury (84) - DiPietro (81)

First line, despite their ratings, should KILL it. Second line as well. Third will suck, fourth will suck. First D will be good, second and third will suck. Goalies will be alright.

I could really use my picks on any position outside of LW. Don't really want to use on RW either, so my picks will probably be either D, G, or C.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I'm targeting Alec Martinez and trying to bring Campbell back to my 4th line. Anyways, just traded Rask, my 2nd, and my 3rd to PIT for Fleury and their 1st. Tried to get Suter, but couldn't make it workout.

Why do they do it? Why DON'T they? I'm basically handing them the Stanley Cup. Adding an elite goalie to PIT? Instant favorites.

Why do I do it? Get a formidable starter for now, good cap relief now, get out of his contract in only 2 years, and another 1st this year (to add to my 2 the next year as well).

4 1sts the next 2 years and traded my worst contracts :)

Again, I think it's another fair trade. Hell, they're paying Rask a lot, but it's worth it for how much he'll help them. We weren't good enough for Rask to push us over the top. PIT is.

Maybe we'll do bad enough this year that we can be in the running for Day :yo:

Start of year 3 lineup will be:

Baertschi (83) - Krejci (87) - Grabner (85)
Marchand (86) - Lucic (85) - Eriksson (84)
Miller (78) - Stoll (81) - Smith (80)
Paille (78) - Campbell (78) - Caron (78)

Seidenberg (87) - Hamilton (86)
Krug (81) - Martinez (79)
Potter (78) - Eminger (77)

Fleury (84) - DiPietro (81)

First line, despite their ratings, should KILL it. Second line as well. Third will suck, fourth will suck. First D will be good, second and third will suck. Goalies will be alright.

I could really use my picks on any position outside of LW. Don't really want to use on RW either, so my picks will probably be either D, G, or C.

Interesting trade. I personally would have went out and got Pavalec/Scheifele from Winnipeg, but to each their own. I can understand why you'd want to do that.

Teams looking good so far! :thumbu:

afurrywabbitwolf

Dec 12, 2010

:help: An extremely terrible season for the Pittsburgh Penguins under new GMDL. Riots are happening all over Pittsburgh! GMDL has gone into hiding...deciding what moves to make if his job is still there the following year.

Western Conference
1. LAK 47-24-11 (105 PTS)
2. PHX 48-29-5 (101 PTS)
3. DAL 49-31-2 (100 PTS)
4. NSH 44-28-10 (98 PTS)
5. COL 45-30-7 (97 PTS)
6. VAN 41-27-14 (96 PTS)
7. SJS 45-32-5 (95 PTS)
8. CHI 42-29-11 (95 PTS)
9. STL 37-33-12 (86 PTS)
10. CAL 40-39-3 (83 PTS)
11. MIN 36-37-9 (81 PTS)
12. WIN 34-39-9 (77 PTS)
13. ANH 33-38-11 (77 PTS)
14. EDM 31-41-10 (72 PTS)

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. CAR 50-27-5 (105 PTS)
2. OTT 47-27-8 (102 PTS)
3. TBL 46-27-9 (101 PTS)
4. BUF 47-29-6 (100 PTS)
5. FLA 46-29-7 (99 PTS)
6. DET 44-32-6 (94 PTS)
7. NYI 42-31-9 (93 PTS)
8. NYR 42-32-8 (92 PTS)
9. BOS 41-33-8 (90 PTS)
10. TOR 39-31-12 (90 PTS)
11. NJD 40-34-8 (88 PTS)
12. PIT 39-38-5 (83 PTS)
13. CBJ 37-36-9 (83 PTS)
14. MTL 34-39-9 (77 PTS)
15. WSH 34-41-7 (75 PTS)
16. PHI 30-48-4 (64 PTS)

The team seemed good on paper, but something was just wrong...The players on the team were not producing and their stats show that.

E. Malkin - 24G-54A-78P
S. Crosby - 17G-55A-72P
J. Neal - 28G-23A-51P
J. Jokinen - 22G-24A-46P
C. Kunitz - 22G-21A-43P
B. Bennett - 18G-22A-40P
B. Sutter - 16G-20A-36P
P. Martin - 3G-30A-33P
M. Niskanen - 5G-26A-31P
P. Dupuis - 13G-14A-27P
K. Letang - 4G-21A-25P

Stanley Cup - Vancouver Canucks
Presidents' Trophy - Carolina Hurricanes
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl - Vancouver Canucks
Prince of Wales Trophy - Carolina Hurricanes
Art Ross Trophy - Steven Stamkos
Hart Memorial Trophy - Pavel Datsyuk
James Norris Memorial Trophy - Brent Seabrook
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - Henrik Zetterberg
Calder Memorial Trophy - Jacob Markstrom
Conn Smythe Trophy - Cory Schneider
Vezina Trophy - Jimmy Howard
William M. Jennings Trophy - Jimmy Howard
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - Bryan Allen
Frank J. Selke Trophy - Pavel Datsyuk
Ted Lindsay Award - Pavel Datsyuk
Maurice Richard Trophy - Steven Stamkos

afurrywabbitwolf

Dec 12, 2010

GMDL has kept his job for another year! Mario must have faith in him, because last year's performance was something to ponder about. All eyes are on him going into the draft/off-season.

Trade 1:
Trade 2:
Trade 3:

THE 2014 DRAFT

1ST:

2ND:

3RD:

THE OFFSEASON

Re-signed...

Signed...

FREE AGENTS SIGNED

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Interesting trade. I personally would have went out and got Pavalec/Scheifele from Winnipeg, but to each their own. I can understand why you'd want to do that.

Teams looking good so far! :thumbu:

Yeah, I wanted to, but then I'd have to move one of either Eriksson, Lucic, or Marchand to the third line, and I didn't want to do that. I probably should have gotten some defensive help, but there weren't any starters in FA, so I'd rather have a stop-gap for a couple of years (even when rebuilding, I like having good goaltending) and that 1st to possibly package with mine to move up. If I don't have the 1st pick naturally, I won't move up to get Day, since that's akin to cheating, IMO, just like with McDavid.

Anyways, sucks that we lost Bergeron, but I honestly believe my first line will be better. We were already 7th in GPG last year, but having Krejci feeding Baertschi and Grabner on the wings? Should certainly have a good +/-. That's one lineup I (hopefully) won't have to touch. And the great thing is, I have them all locked up cheap for at least the next 4 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad