Dynasty Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Interesting trade. I personally would have went out and got Pavalec/Scheifele from Winnipeg, but to each their own. I can understand why you'd want to do that.

Teams looking good so far! :thumbu:

LOL, would've been a good choice. Krejci didn't live up to expectations, and Scheifele won the Hart. Wow, lol.

Anyways, finished year 3 34-39-9, with the 3rd-worst record. There are at least three players I'd take with my pick, so I'm happy no matter what. I will probably have to choose between a 4-star goalie (Subban is still only 76 and you can never have enough goalies), or Sean Day. I think another goalie is going 1st overall.

Seidenberg went down to 85, Martinez went up to 80, Morrow stayed at 77. Smith went down to 79, Caron up to 79. Grabner had 60 points, which is not what I expected at all. Baertschi is up to 85 and had 67 points, a 25 point improvement. Marchand 62 in 76, and Lucic had 49 in 78. Probably gonna let Lucic go in FA due to his price tag and lack of production on a stacked second line. Krejci back down to 85 and 2nd liner. 44 points in 68 games, only 28 assists. Guess even my rebuild is going worse than expected, lol.

Rask had lowest GAA, and PIT won the President's Trophy.

So I have lots of holes and hopefully a top-3 pick, so that I can get one of my guys.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Alright, so, first, I should mention that I noticed MIN got a 5-star green G in 2015 that is 62 overall at 19. Wow, will probably be the best player in the game in a few years. I anticipate him jumping up to at least 80 mid-season.

Anyways, STL got a 4 1/2 yellow G at #1 overall. 63 overall at 19. Good pick. ANA passed up Day to get a 3 1/2 green D-Man that is 55 overall at 19 (ouch), and I got Day, who is 4 1/2 green and 52 overall at 18. Should be ready in a few seasons. Certainly not this year or the next.

Then with my other 1st, I got a 3-star yellow D-Man that is 60 overall at 19. Could be better, could be worse.

Excited about eventually pairing Day with Hamilton. Should fortify my D for years to come.

As said above, probably gonna let Lucic go in FA. Bringing back Stoll and Campbell, Bringing back Eriksson, Bringing back DiPietro. Why keep Eriksson instead of Lucic? Money, mostly. Plus, I like having players at their natural positions, and I'm not moving Marchand, Lucic, or Baertschi to the 3rd line. No way. Stoll and Campbell are coming back just because they're stop-gaps until I sign/draft better players. Stoll also underperformed.

EDIT: Subban up to 78. Guess I'm glad I didn't pick Callum Booth (he went #11, but was someone I was looking at), since Subban will probably be at least a backup by next season. Koules also surprisingly up at 78, so he should also contribute to the team in the future. My 4-star red C is now at 64 at 19, so maybe he makes a jump and contributes in the minors.

Looks like my drafting was better than I thought, with Koules contributing.

EDIT 2: So far I have 29 points, second-worst in the NHL. Worst? PITTSBURGH! LOL! After winning the President's Trophy, and having an even better team this year, and after Rask moved up to an 88, he's letting in over 3 GPG (1.66 GPG last year 0_o) and has like an 0.887 SV%. Needless to say, glad I got rid of him. Kinda makes me mad, though. PIT should be KILLING it. It's starting to make me think that player ratings don't even matter to the sim engine...

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
LOL, would've been a good choice. Krejci didn't live up to expectations, and Scheifele won the Hart. Wow, lol.

Anyways, finished year 3 34-39-9, with the 3rd-worst record. There are at least three players I'd take with my pick, so I'm happy no matter what. I will probably have to choose between a 4-star goalie (Subban is still only 76 and you can never have enough goalies), or Sean Day. I think another goalie is going 1st overall.

Seidenberg went down to 85, Martinez went up to 80, Morrow stayed at 77. Smith went down to 79, Caron up to 79. Grabner had 60 points, which is not what I expected at all. Baertschi is up to 85 and had 67 points, a 25 point improvement. Marchand 62 in 76, and Lucic had 49 in 78. Probably gonna let Lucic go in FA due to his price tag and lack of production on a stacked second line. Krejci back down to 85 and 2nd liner. 44 points in 68 games, only 28 assists. Guess even my rebuild is going worse than expected, lol.

So I have lots of holes and hopefully a top-3 pick, so that I can get one of my guys.

LOL I know dese tings ;) that's pretty awesome! :biglaugh:

So you got your guy in Day after all, nice! Maybe you could sign and trade Lucic? depending on how much cap room you have.
and, you know, you COULD always do the "release a player from another team trick" ;)

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
LOL I know dese tings ;) that's pretty awesome! :biglaugh:

So you got your guy in Day after all, nice! Maybe you could sign and trade Lucic? depending on how much cap room you have.
and, you know, you COULD always do the "release a player from another team trick" ;)

I might not continue my BeAGM. After having a stacked team my 2nd year in BOS and missing the playoffs, and then having PIT with the worst record in the league with the best players, I realize that the sim engine is completely random, so it's useless trying to build up a team...

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I might not continue my BeAGM. After having a stacked team my 2nd year in BOS and missing the playoffs, and then having PIT with the worst record in the league with the best players, I realize that the sim engine is completely random, so it's useless trying to build up a team...

Yeah I can understand that. But to be fair, Boston/Pittsburgh and some of the ELITE teams NEVER sim well, and teams like Calgary/Florida can win the cup year 1.
Which is why I used 2BC's custom roster update. He did it a couple weeks ago, made the good teams ACTUALLY ELITE, and the poor teams BAD.

For example he made Chara 97 ovr, Bergeron 92, Krejci 88, Rask 90 with 4.5 Gold.
Also edited the Kings/Hawks to be stacked, edited down teams like Calgary/NYI/Buffalo.

And, you know what? It ACTUALLY worked. I've seen Boston make the playoffs EVERY single GM mode I've done since then. It's the ratings that screw up the sim engine since a lot of teams are "close" in overall for players.

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Yeah I can understand that. But to be fair, Boston/Pittsburgh and some of the ELITE teams NEVER sim well, and teams like Calgary/Florida can win the cup year 1.
Which is why I used 2BC's custom roster update. He did it a couple weeks ago, made the good teams ACTUALLY ELITE, and the poor teams BAD.

For example he made Chara 97 ovr, Bergeron 92, Krejci 88, Rask 90 with 4.5 Gold.
Also edited the Kings/Hawks to be stacked, edited down teams like Calgary/NYI/Buffalo.

And, you know what? It ACTUALLY worked. I've seen Boston make the playoffs EVERY single GM mode I've done since then. It's the ratings that screw up the sim engine since a lot of teams are "close" in overall for players.

Interesting. I may jsut try that. Where can I find that roster? OS? And how does it effect LONG-TERM BeAGMs?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Interesting. I may jsut try that. Where can I find that roster? OS? And how does it effect LONG-TERM BeAGMs?

You basically have to go watch his video on YouTube 2BCProductions2BC.
Here's a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taZwJ_eSwls&list=UUmvLM0Difjo_Xyc9CWLhDQw

You basically just have to do is listen to how he edits the players, and go from there, pausing the video when he shows a players profile.
And it affects long term GM's positively, since he edits ALL the first 3 years prospects, so you're guaranteed to get a good/great player, especially 2015. It'll take some effort, but it made GM mode somewhat interesting again for me, before 15 comes out.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
2014 - 2015 NHL Season + Offseason

:bruins Starting Lines

Lucic [86] - Seguin [87] - Nichushkin [83]
Marchand [83] - Bergeron "A" [88] - Eriksson [81]
Whitney [72] - Soderberg [77] - Smith-Pelly [65]
Paille [67] - Campbell [65] - Tootoo [63]

Chara "C" [89] - Hamilton [83]
Seidenberg "A" [86] - Boychuk [75]
Krug [77] - McQuaid [72]
Benn [71]

Rask [93]
Svedberg [73]

Dennis Seidenberg was given the second "A" following David Krejci's departure.

Trade Deadline

:bruins Receive:
Lubomir Visnovsky

:isles Receive:
Adam McQuaid

Boston wanted a veteran defender that could help with the playoff push, who's on an expiring deal, and send McQuaid the Brooklyn. Part of this move was to make room for Miller/Benn who can step in and be the #6 D at a cheaper cost.

End of Regular Season

Boston finished 8th in the NHL and 4th in the East with a 45-29-8 (98 points) record.

Scoring Leaders:

Top 6 forwards:
Patrice Bergeron - 27g 40a 67p
Milan Lucic - 20g 46a 66p
Brad Marchand - 31g 32a 63p
Tyler Seguin - 29g 32a 61p
Loui Eriksson - 27g 33a 60p
Carl Soderberg - 19g 24a 43p

Top 3 defenders:
Torey Krug - 14g 36a 50p
Zdeno Chara - 3g 40a 43p
Dougie Hamilton - 10g 30a 40p

Top Goalie:
Tuukka Rask - 2.55 GAA, .917 SV%, 5 SO, 42-24-1 record

2015 NHL Playoffs

Round 1
Boston defeats Toronto in 7 games

Round 2
Boston defeats Montreal in 4 games

Eastern Conference Finals
Boston defeats New York Rangers in 7 games

Stanley Cup Final
Boston defeats St Louis in 5 games to win the Stanley Cup! Ray Whitney scored the GWG with 4 minutes remaining for the 2-1 victory!

Playoff Statistics:

Top 6 Forwards: 23 games played
Milan Lucic - 8g 14a 22p
Tyler Seguin - 12g 9a 21p
Patrice Bergeron - 5g 15a 20p
Valeri Nichushkin - 8g 8a 16p
Loui Eriksson - 5g 6a 11p
Ray Whitney - 6g 4a 10p

Top 3 Defenders:
Dougie Hamilton - 2g 16a 18p
Zdeno Chara - 4g 14a 18p
Torey Krug - 1g 6a 7p

Top Goalie:
Tuukka Rask - 1.84 GAA, .938 SV%, 2 SO, 16-6-1 record

CONN SMYTHE Winner - Tuukka Rask

2015 NHL Offseason

Retired Players:
Zdeno Chara
Ray Whitney
Gregory Campbell

Chara retires on top of the hockey world, with his 2nd Stanley Cup

2015 NHL Draft

1.30 - Medric Merceir, D
2.30 - pick forfeited to Dallas (Eriksson trade)
3.30 - Duncan Macintyre, D
4.30 - Jeff Wight, C
5.06 (ANA) - Scott Savage, D
5.30 - Graham Knott, LW
6.30 - Cameron Lizotte, D
7.30 - Ethan Szypula, C

Free Agency

Released:
Visnovsky
Tootoo
Lindblad
Paille

Re-Signed:
Soderberg - 2 years, 2.650m per
Boychuk - 2 years, 3.7m per
Hamilton - 4 years, 5.25m per
Caron - 1 year, 660k
Chudinov - 1 year, 750k

FA Signings:
LW Carl Hagelin - 3 years, 2.9m per
LW Antoine Roussel - 1 year, 1.3m
D Chris Tanev - 1 year, 850k
RW Anthony Peluso - 3 years, 700k per
RW Matt D'Agostini - 1 year, 775k
LW Jeremy Morin - 1 year, 785k
C Jori Lehtera - 1 year, 785k

Projected Lines:

Lucic [86] - Seguin [89] - Nichuschkin [85]
Marchand [83] - Bergeron [88] - Eriksson [81]
Hagelin [77] - Soderberg [77] - Smith-Pelly [67]
Roussel [72] - Lehtera [67] - Morin [70]
Caron

Seidenberg [86] - Hamilton [87]
Krug [83] - Boychuk [77]
Chudinov [74] - Tanev [73]
Benn [71]

Rask [91]
Svedberg [73]

Last edited:

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014

2014 - 2015 NHL Season + Offseason

:bruins Starting Lines

Lucic [86] - Seguin [87] - Nichushkin [83]
Marchand [83] - Bergeron "A" [88] - Eriksson [81]
Whitney [72] - Soderberg [77] - Smith-Pelly [65]
Paille [67] - Campbell [65] - Tootoo [63]

Chara "C" [89] - Hamilton [83]
Seidenberg "A" [86] - Boychuk [75]
Krug [77] - McQuaid [72]
Benn [71]

Rask [93]
Svedberg [73]

Dennis Seidenberg was given the second "A" following David Krejci's departure.

Trade Deadline

:bruins Receive:
Lubomir Visnovsky

:isles Receive:
Adam McQuaid

Boston wanted a veteran defender that could help with the playoff push, who's on an expiring deal, and send McQuaid the Brooklyn. Part of this move was to make room for Miller/Benn who can step in and be the #6 D at a cheaper cost.

End of Regular Season

Boston finished 8th in the NHL and 4th in the East with a 45-29-8 (98 points) record.

Scoring Leaders:

Top 6 forwards:
Patrice Bergeron - 27g 40a 67p
Milan Lucic - 20g 46a 66p
Brad Marchand - 31g 32a 63p
Tyler Seguin - 29g 32a 61p
Loui Eriksson - 27g 33a 60p
Carl Soderberg - 19g 24a 43p

Top 3 defenders:
Torey Krug - 14g 36a 50p
Zdeno Chara - 3g 40a 43p
Dougie Hamilton - 10g 30a 40p

Top Goalie:
Tuukka Rask - 2.55 GAA, .917 SV%, 5 SO, 42-24-1 record

2015 NHL Playoffs

Round 1
Boston defeats Toronto in 7 games

Round 2
Boston defeats Montreal in 4 games

Eastern Conference Finals
Boston defeats New York Rangers in 7 games

Stanley Cup Final
Boston defeats St Louis in 5 games to win the Stanley Cup! Ray Whitney scored the GWG with 4 minutes remaining for the 2-1 victory!

Playoff Statistics:

Top 6 Forwards: 23 games played
Milan Lucic - 8g 14a 22p
Tyler Seguin - 12g 9a 21p
Patrice Bergeron - 5g 15a 20p
Valeri Nichushkin - 8g 8a 16p
Loui Eriksson - 5g 6a 11p
Ray Whitney - 6g 4a 10p

Top 3 Defenders:
Dougie Hamilton - 2g 16a 18p
Zdeno Chara - 4g 14a 18p
Torey Krug - 1g 6a 7p

Top Goalie:
Tuukka Rask - 1.84 GAA, .938 SV%, 2 SO, 16-6-1 record

CONN SMYTHE Winner - Tuukka Rask

2015 NHL Offseason

Retired Players:
Zdeno Chara
Ray Whitney
Gregory Campbell

Chara retires on top of the hockey world, with his 2nd Stanley Cup

2015 NHL Draft

1.30 - Medric Merceir, D
2.30 - pick forfeited to Dallas (Eriksson trade)
3.30 - Duncan Macintyre, D
4.30 - Jeff Wight, C
5.06 (ANA) - Scott Savage, D
5.30 - Graham Knott, LW
6.30 - Cameron Lizotte, D
7.30 - Ethan Szypula, C

Free Agency

Released:
Visnovsky
Tootoo
Lindblad
Paille

Re-Signed:
Soderberg - 2 years, 2.650m per
Boychuk - 2 years, 3.7m per
Hamilton - 4 years, 5.25m per
Caron - 1 year, 660k
Chudinov - 1 year, 750k

FA Signings:
LW Carl Hagelin - 3 years, 2.9m per
LW Antoine Roussel - 1 year, 1.3m
D Chris Tanev - 1 year, 850k
RW Anthony Peluso - 3 years, 700k per
RW Matt D'Agostini - 1 year, 775k
LW Jeremy Morin - 1 year, 785k
C Jori Lehtera - 1 year, 785k

Projected Lines:

Lucic [86] - Seguin [89] - Nichuschkin [85]
Marchand [83] - Bergeron [88] - Eriksson [81]
Hagelin [77] - Soderberg [77] - Smith-Pelly [67]
Roussel [72] - Lehtera [67] - Morin [70]
Caron

Seidenberg [86] - Hamilton [87]
Krug [83] - Boychuk [77]
Chudinov [74] - Tanev [73]
Benn [71]

Rask [91]
Svedberg [73]
Keep it going its really interesting
:yo:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I'm going to make the most truculent team in history, but make sure they have no skill. They will be 36 in everything except body checking, poise, durability, fighting, aggressiveness etc. I want to see how they will do. Also I will have injuries on to see how many people they injure :laugh:

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
You basically have to go watch his video on YouTube 2BCProductions2BC.
Here's a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taZwJ_eSwls&list=UUmvLM0Difjo_Xyc9CWLhDQw

You basically just have to do is listen to how he edits the players, and go from there, pausing the video when he shows a players profile.
And it affects long term GM's positively, since he edits ALL the first 3 years prospects, so you're guaranteed to get a good/great player, especially 2015. It'll take some effort, but it made GM mode somewhat interesting again for me, before 15 comes out.
I hope everyone isn't a 4-star prospect...

Also, how do you assign players to NHL teams without creating duplicates? I mean, how would I put Ekblad on FLA, for example, without having him show up in the 2014 draft? I ask because I currently have post-draft rosters and I don't want to ruin that. I mean, does 2BC show every stat of every single player, and I have to copy that, or are there guidelines that he explains in the videos?

I'm going to make the most truculent team in history, but make sure they have no skill. They will be 36 in everything except body checking, poise, durability, fighting, aggressiveness etc. I want to see how they will do. Also I will have injuries on to see how many people they injure :laugh:
I'll follow. A few pages ago, I thought about making a team full of enforcers, lol.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Also, how do you assign players to NHL teams without creating duplicates? I mean, how would I put Ekblad on FLA, for example, without having him show up in the 2014 draft? I ask because I currently have post-draft rosters and I don't want to ruin that. I mean, does 2BC show every stat of every single player, and I have to copy that, or are there guidelines that he explains in the videos?

I don't know if there's a simpler way but if you don't want them in the draft or there to be duplicates, make a few created teams with the draftees on them. Then in player movement put the player on the team and then take him off, it changes there "pro team" section. They will then be property of that team but not show up in the draft.

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014
I'm going to be doing a gm mode t but I don't wich team to use im thinking of boston or leafs? Any suggestions would help

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014

That sucks if your looking for a 1st liner good options are Tavares landeskog and skinner :)

Falcon63

May 29, 2012
Damn, as someone else pointed out here and on 2BC's video, maybe EA just hates Boston, lol. I knew I had a stacked team that second year.

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014
I'm going to be the leafs because kiss my rask is already doing one so I will post soon GO Leafs GO

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014
Shanahan Time
http://www.google.ca/search?q=brend...epares-for-role-as-nhl-disciplinarian;650;366

Dave Nonis crumbled under the pressure and stepped down to assistant Gm but before he did that he gave the General Manager job to Brendon Shanahan the department of players safety This is what Shanny had to say about the hiring " I think the Leafs are in good Condition they just need those two first line players to play alongside of Phil but othrewise good team" Here is the starting Roster and lineups

JurassicPuck

Aug 16, 2014
Shanahan Time
http://www.google.ca/search?q=brend...epares-for-role-as-nhl-disciplinarian;650;366

Dave Nonis crumbled under the pressure and stepped down to assistant Gm but before he did that he gave the General Manager job to Brendon Shanahan the department of players safety This is what Shanny had to say about the hiring " I think the Leafs are in good Condition they just need those two first line players to play alongside of Phil but othrewise good team" Here is the starting Roster and lineups

SportJohnny

Jul 25, 2013
Ohio
[:cbj
Columbus Blue Jackets Ready To Begin A New Era

dubi102513_672.jpg

Brandon Dubinsky and Jack Johnson have been veteran leaders in the locker room for the Jackets.

After years of mediocre hockey and being the joke of the National Hockey League, the Columbus Blue Jackets have finally been noticed. The Jackets made a unpredictable run late last season, finishing 9th in the league and only a point away from getting the 8th seed. They acquired veterans such as Marian Gaborik at the 2013 trade deadline (later traded to the LA Kings), Nathan Horton during free agency, and Scott Hartnell, showing top players want to come and play in Columbus. With both veterans (Brandon Dubinsky, Jack Johnson, Nathan Horton, Scott Hartnell) and young players, (Ryan Johansen, Ryan Murray, Boone Jenner, Sergei Bobrovsky) the Blue Jackets are finally looking to become an elite team.

"We are very excited for the future of this team," GM Jarmo Kekalainen said, "we have acquired players that we believe are going to make a difference on this team both on and off the ice."

While the team looks very promising right now, the Jackets are still looking to make a trade that makes them better this year and in the future. Kekalainen said that many players are untouchables unless it is a massive overpayment, but there are players he is willing to give up if it can help the team. The depth chart and prospect rankings will be released once every move is complete.

JOIN THE BATTLE!
:cbj

SportJohnny

Jul 25, 2013
Ohio
with NHL 15 coming out in a couple weeks, I'm only going to do 5 years. I'll do write-ups for pre-season, trade deadline if we make a big move, end of the year, each playoff round preview, and draft/off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad