Friedman: Dylan Strome on the move?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Would be huge if the devils could snag him. I’m pretty tired if Bratt and Zacha and we need a center to fill in a scoring role while Hughes is out.

would something around Bratt or zacha work?

Dunno if it's a great fit. Hughes is hopefully back in 3-4 weeks and after that Strome would be in a weird spot again. Zacha's been fine, I'm just hoping they keep him at wing. Bratt's had a rough couple of games, but it wouldn't make sense for us positionally unless the team thinks Alexander Holtz is ready for a top 6 spot. Although it'd be amusing since the Strome and McLeod families live in the same neighborhood, so it might be fun for the parents if their sons ever became NHL teammates.

I recall from Chicago's behind the scenes video that they had Jesper Boqvist among a group of ~five prospects that they took out for dinner a day or two before the 2017 Draft. But who knows if they would be interested in him now.

Last edited:

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Seems like he's been playing fairly well this year. Has there been any more rumors about him moving? I don't really see why the Blackhawks would want to move him if they're going to be rebuilding, unless it's due to money issues.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I hope the Hawks hang on to him. He's an excellent playmaker who can produce when given minutes in offensive situations with other good players. Not sure how the coaching staff forgot that after seeing his first year here, but they seem to have figured it out now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I wanna see the Hawks keep him and sign him long term. I think they can still get him locked in for a real good contract for them

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
He's been fun to watch while playing with Kane/DeBrincat. But as of right now and from what he has shown since being on the Hawks, I think he's the type of center that would get eaten alive in playoffs.

His growth as of late has surprised me, though, so I won't put a cap on his ceiling just yet. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm curious to see where he goes and the return chicago gets back... Strome was stans new reclamation project since he decimated there team and needed to try a different approach to retooling... strome is at best a 3rd line player and is to streaky...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Maybe something like this
Lundkvist Kravtsov and 2ed (Blues) for Strome and Hagel
Not worth it for Chicago.

Undersized defenseman + a guy that couldn't hack it in the NHL for Chicago's 1C + young player on incredible contract who is going to have a bidding war around him at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad