Attachments

• 5909B1F8-4212-4B63-8AD0-207FC35A239B.jpeg
    5909B1F8-4212-4B63-8AD0-207FC35A239B.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 13

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Too early to tell. If he picks it up later in the season, maybe. If he continues like he is now, no way.
I never really saw it then either..I said $4-4.5 and that could even be risky prior to this season...long way to go, kid has talent and we know this, but he has to step it the f*** up ASAP because unless he hasn't noticed that Giant 77 that just showed up....he could be easily replaced..

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I never really saw it then either..I said $4-4.5 and that could even be risky prior to this season...long way to go, kid has talent and we know this, but he has to step it the **** up ASAP because unless he hasn't noticed that Giant 77 that just showed up....he could be easily replaced..

I know its not popular to suggest that the third line should be broken up but I'm in favor of telling Cat and Strome to figure it out on the 3rd line and promoting Saad and Kubalik to the top line and reward them with more minutes.

Saad-Toews-Kubalik (solid 2 way line, two best forwards on team atm stick together)

Shaw-Dach-Kane (Shaw can look out for the kid and do the dirty work for 77 and 88)

DeBrincat-Strome-Nylander (lots of offensive talent, heavy ozone starts)

Caggiula-Kampf-Carpenter (dungeon starts shutdown line, can match up with anyone)

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know its not popular to suggest that the third line should be broken up but I'm in favor of telling Cat and Strome to figure it out on the 3rd line and promoting Saad and Kubalik to the top line and reward them with more minutes.

Saad-Toews-Kubalik (solid 2 way line, best two forwards on team atm stick together)

Shaw-Dach-Kane (Shaw can look out for the kid)

DeBrincat-Strome-Nylander (lots of offensive talent, heavy ozone starts)

Caggiula-Kampf-Carpenter (dungeon starts shutdown line, can match up with anyone)
better stock up on the TUMS with that third line...exciting they could be, but what a train wreck they would be in the d zone...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
better stock up on the TUMS with that third line...exciting they could be, but what a train wreck they would be in the d zone...

Tums and a lot of Red Dogs...I'm not sure what the solution is because any line with Strome and Cat is not going to be great defensively. At least it would put Nylander in a position to play with gifted offensive players.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
soon as Strome stops polluting the ice with his wretched play!

I said in the offseason that I didn’t like how many guys on this team need to be sheltered/can’t be trusted in their own zone. Thought it created a situation where you had more than a full lines worth of guys you need to protect.

Toews turning himself into another one of those guys really doesn’t help

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
remember when that article about his on ice training came out during the summer everyone was like hes gonna score 70 points this year

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
remember when that article about his on ice training came out during the summer everyone was like hes gonna score 70 points this year
Nothing suggests that he won't hit 70. He's only played 6 games. Last season Mike Hoffman hit 70 points, but only had 4 points in his first 6 games. Basically the same as Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad