Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I understand it’s speculation, but it’s something I brought up long before these podcasts did.

I just don’t trust that Stan will keep him, despite us fans seeing the advantage of Toews/Strome/Dach down the middle for the next 5+ years

Based on what?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's not like we'd lose Strome for nothing. If he asks for too much, and Bowman feels he can make a trade to get a young player he and his staff have had their eyes on, it makes a bit of sense.

In retrospect, the Saad to Columbus trade was a loss, but AA was a decent fit here for a few years and if Dano's value didn't tank immediately when he was traded here, it might've looked even better.

Just look at the deal that brought Strome here. Schmaltz, who was in need of a new deal within a year, for Strome. Turned out well.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's not like we'd lose Strome for nothing. If he asks for too much, and Bowman feels he can make a trade to get a young player he and his staff have had their eyes on, it makes a bit of sense.

In retrospect, the Saad to Columbus trade was a lose, but AA was a decent fit here for a few years and if Dano's value didn't tank immediately when he was traded here, it might've looked even better.

Just look at the deal that brought Strome here. Schmaltz, who was in need of a new deal within a year, for Strome. Turned out well.

Right. I don't think Strome is likely to be dealt, but it, like almost everything is in play.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Gut. I think calling it an educated guess is too strong.

Also, as @b1e9a8r5s said above, I simply believe it’s in play. I’m not saying it absolutely will happen.

I tagged Musto here because he’s the one that says it absolutely won’t happen. I think he’s wrong to say that.
Until Dach steps on NHL ice and dominates an 82 game season, Strome is untouchable.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Should Strome put up a 65-75 pt season, I'd be open on listening about him in the draft IF they could obtain a pick that nets them Quinton Byfield. I really like that guy. If Strome goes 85+ I'm keeping him, and keep building for the next cup window.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He and DeBrincat just work really well. He might want to stay for not outrageous $$.
I may be wrong, but Strome seems like a guy who is grateful to get out of AZ and might take a bit of a discount to stay. He has stated that he never wants to leave multiple times, but idk if he's gonna let success change his mind.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Crow coming off doesn’t matter as that money will just go to Lehner.

Also, how are you so sure Bowman wants to trade away the depth he feels is needed?

I don’t think they just turn Saad, Shaw, Maatta (if he shows he can be a top-4 SAH D) into cap dumps in order to keep DeBrincat’s buddy.

If Stan wasn’t scared to move Kane’s buddy, he definitely won’t hesitate to move Strome’s if he thinks it makes the team better overall, especially if he feels Dach can step in a fill that role better with more of a two-way game while on an ELC.

The team isn’t going to use all of crows money to pay lehner... both make 6 million right now at most lehner would get 7 million maybe 8 at most since the goalie market is broken

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The team isn’t going to use all of crows money to pay lehner... both make 6 million right now at most lehner would get 7 million maybe 8 at most since the goalie market is broken

I’m sorry, I don’t understand

It sounds like you’re saying they won’t pay Lehner up to $6 million but then you’re saying they’ll pay him $7-8 million

Also, Lehner makes $5 million now, not $6 million

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Should Strome put up a 65-75 pt season, I'd be open on listening about him in the draft IF they could obtain a pick that nets them Quinton Byfield. I really like that guy. If Strome goes 85+ I'm keeping him, and keep building for the next cup window.
If Strome doesn't play with DeBrincat, he doesn't get anywhere near PPG.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I’m sorry, I don’t understand

It sounds like you’re saying they won’t pay Lehner up to $6 million but then you’re saying they’ll pay him $7-8 million

Also, Lehner makes $5 million now, not $6 million
You mentioned that the money freed up from Crawford going off the books would go straight to lehner when if anything Lehner would only get a slight raise to what he is already being paid at most. We have 12 million tied up between the two for this season and if lehner is our guy they only need to pay him around 7 million to keep him while the rest of the freed up money would go elsewhere

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
"My confidence was low when I was there, no question about that," Strome said. "Sometimes you just lose the confidence and you don't have the touch with the puck.

sounds like Mitch when he steps back to pass...

If only he had a real man’s name then maybe he’d have more confidence, right?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I'm glad he's turned his career around in Chicago (hope to see the same out of Nylander). You hate to see a kid with that kind of potential go to waste, especially with being a top pick out of a draft class like his. Chayka also just rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad