Prospect Info: Dylan Sikura

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I really appreciate that you want to appreciate Sikura with an appreciation thread.

I appreciate that you appreciate my appreciation for Sikura being appreciated while simply trying to appreciate Crawford in an appreciation thread of his own but he gets no appreciation so here we are appreciating Sikura.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No reason not to keep this kid up. Should be playing instead of Kruger, Kunitz, and Hayden.

Kruger/Kunitz are not NHL caliber players at this point - Personally I think Hayden should stay or be replaced with someone who has some grit to his game like Martinsen. Hawks need a 4th line with some character as intensity from ops amps up down the stretch.

Hopefully Kampf will be back soon and when he does return I wouldn't mind if JC decides to have him center Hayden and Martinsen. The two players brought some energy when they were together.
Right now the 4th line is a weak link and Hawks simply can't keep up the pace by overplaying 3 lines.

As for Sikura, if he indeed has been recalled this is a big test for him. JC has already let it be known that he doesn't like any player who is weak on the puck.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
playing saad on the 3rd line could def work better with sikuras skill. hoping it looks like this next few weeks

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Ansimov-Sikura
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

kampf in for kruger when hes back

Reactions: x Tame Impala

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
playing saad on the 3rd line could def work better with sikuras skill. hoping it looks like this next few weeks

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Ansimov-Sikura
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

I don’t mind this. After why we saw this weekend, I wouldn’t want to take Kahun off that second line for Sikura, yet.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Ansimov-Sikura
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

This would be a solid lineup for stretch run. Still hoping to see Stan add another reclamation project to lineup like Burakovsky.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Ansimov-Sikura
Perlini-Kruger-Hayden
Kunitz

Looks pretty good if the chemistry we saw from Cat-Strome-Kahun continues. I do think that JC needs to impress upon Kahun to shoot more often. He's looking like another pass-first guy that ops will exploit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Kruger/Kunitz are not NHL caliber players at this point - Personally I think Hayden should stay or be replaced with someone who has some grit to his game like Martinsen. Hawks need a 4th line with some character as intensity from ops amps up down the stretch.

Hopefully Kampf will be back soon and when he does return I wouldn't mind if JC decides to have him center Hayden and Martinsen. The two players brought some energy when they were together.
Right now the 4th line is a weak link and Hawks simply can't keep up the pace by overplaying 3 lines.

As for Sikura, if he indeed has been recalled this is a big test for him. JC has already let it be known that he doesn't like any player who is weak on the puck.

Pretty sure Kampf was at least 4 weeks. He's only been out what, one?

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
This is most likely the reason. Maybe they will play him at center with Saad and Perlini? I am interested in seeing the progress he has made.

Imdo* Perlini's used up all his, "Just give him a bit more time ..." time - and I was for sure one of that opinion.

At this point, I'm for Sikura on that 3rd line w/ BabyHoss & ArtiA (who ain't by any means flashy just a solid NHLer I still think worthy of ice - 'specially of it ups his TDL market.)

And buy another RFD-CHI greyhound ticket for Joker - same "on the job training" thing for him. He CAN'T be any worse than #7 and AINEC as the acronym, Rooh uses says.

* - In my drunkard's** opinion ...

** - I am afterall, a barstool expert ya know ... ;-)
GoHawks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Imdo* Perlini's used up all his, "Just give him a bit more time ..." time - and I was for sure one of that opinion.

At this point, I'm for Sikura on that 3rd line w/ BabyHoss & ArtiA (who ain't by any means flashy just a solid NHLer I still think worthy of ice - 'specially of it ups his TDL market.)

And buy another RFD-CHI greyhound ticket for Joker - same "on the job training" thing for him. He CAN'T be any worse than #7 and AINEC as the acronym, Rooh uses says.

* - In my drunkard's** opinion ...

** - I am afterall, a barstool expert ya know ... ;-)
GoHawks

Patience is not a bad thing to give bigger players.

Reactions: bwana63

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Unless they trade Perlini or acquire other players via trade theres no reason he shouldnt play plenty down the later part of the season. Theres not a big pile of depth in Rockford or anywhere.

I mean do you cut him to give Anthony Louis a shot.. eh. Sikura will replace Perlini but Hayden & Kunitz all the same.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Patience is not a bad thing to give bigger players.

Can see why Perlini a 1st rounder sure but frustrating his lack of, "want to." Saw the same back when w/ Teravainen but cut slack there b/c he didn't have the size Perlini does. Not saying the guy's gotta be Shawsy 2.0 or even Caggiula either Perlini however, seems almost uninterested at times.

Will concede your point tho ... patience is a virtue still, pro sports a business which the half life on patience ain't all that long. And Perlini in my humble opinion nearing his carbon dating past due date.

PS - The metaphor try above makes no sense but I caught up in my skates thinking it thru & kinda like the sound of it anyway. ;-)
GoHawks

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad