Recalled/Assigned: Dylan Sikura to Blackhawks

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nylander has better hands, vision, way better shot, better frame and arguably higher hockey I.Q. I mean.. I don't think it's close really.

You can argue Sikura has a better 2 way game and much more heart/drive but that's not enough to say he's better.

Reactions: d rake

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Nylander has better hands, vision, way better shot, better frame and arguably higher hockey I.Q. I mean.. I don't think it's close really.

You can argue Sikura has a better 2 way game and much more heart/drive but that's not enough to say he's better.
No one has said he's better. He just played better last night.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
right now there is very minimal difference in the impact of sikura or nylander in the lineup. sikura had 8 points in 33 games last year nylander has 10 in 29. defensively they are both ok. neither a physical presence. upside goes to nylander but right now i dont see much of a difference at all.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Neither one excites me, but I have seen things from Nylander that showed me that I could get excited about him. Sikura? Meh.

Nylander's pull up and stop with a turnover more times than not are not doing it for me. He needs to play between the circles WAY more to be effective, I'm tired of him swirling around along the boards.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
If absolutely nothing was a hockey player it would be sikura last night. I think he touched the puck 5 times and when he did he did absolutely nothing with it. Nylander wasn't all that much better, but he was fine.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
ya this was likely his last chance with the hawks. He is on a one way deal next year so he likely gets dealt elsewhere. For some reason I think he may still be able to carve out an MHL career but it would be with a new club, fresh start may be what he needs.

so if he was only sent down today that must mean that Strome is ready either today or after the break as I don't think Shaw is close yet.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
He needs to go to a team with a spot for a smaller winger. With Kane and DeBrincat, the Hawks aren't it. I actually think he would be a good fit for a team like Toronto as he is defencively responsible and low cost.

Reactions: Muffinalt

tgh

Dec 19, 2019
Ya definitely not a top six, but I thought his three points so far wasn't bad.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
man that stinks for him. didnt show enough in his time. hopefully he gets moved somewhere to get another shot because im not sure he will be the guy they call up next time and there are younger guys coming in next year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Had hopes for him, but yeah, he didn't do enough with the ice time he got to warrant him being up here. Still think he is a solid depth player if needed.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
so if he was only sent down today that must mean that Strome is ready either today or after the break as I don't think Shaw is close yet.

Might be that the Hawks felt Hagel earned a call-up and they wanted to reward him and see how he fares on the big stage (lol). To be clear, I fully understand why Colliton's sticking with the forward grouping now (and scratching Hagel).

As to Sikura, he was an obvious choice to be sent down. Hope he tears it up in the A.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad