Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
"Big Changes" everyone, "Big Changes".

Then we have the coach imploring his guys to be professional in the media?

How about you push Tanner off your lap, go into the room,yell and scream a little, flip over a table, kick a garbage can, you know, act a little interested?

Act professional? How about being more hands on Alain? Hold guys (other than rookies) accountable,try not delegating everything to the leadership group on the team or your army of assistant flunkies.

Mister Second Place.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This guy is not gonna get a chance and as much as most of us hope and pray AV is not going anywhere!
Very frustrating cause most likely gonna lose mcilrath for pennies on the dollar.
Why can't anyone else in the organization convince AV to give him a fair shake? Or maybe they all collectively believe as an organization he truly just isn't good enough??

GregNYR89

Mar 8, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I'm very much curious about the sit down talk that Dylan wants to have with Beuk and AV. He's frustrated and angry at the fact that he wasn't part of the starting line up. I hope he can convince them to be part of the starting lineup as a ranger!

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'm very much curious about the sit down talk that Dylan wants to have with Beuk and AV. He's frustrated and angry at the fact that he wasn't part of the starting line up. I hope he can convince them to be part of the starting lineup as a ranger!

There was a lot of interesting subtext in that comment. He said he wanted to sit down with Beuk and "maybe" AV (seems to be clear where the problem is). Also, it seemed to be clear that McIlrath felt he had earned a starting spot (I don't disagree with him) and that the meeting would be about how to deal with a situation where you earn a spot over several guys only to not get one of those spots.

Based on the lineup and Klein's injury, he's the #8. He outplayed Girardi, Skjei, and Holden in the pre-season pretty handily. He's a better option than Clendening as an everyday player. The only RHD who played better in preseason is Klein, and it wasn't by much. I'd be pissed too.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2nd best righty D in the organization and had the best Corsi scores of any of our dmen last year.

Can't get in the lineup even when a righty is hurt. It's absurd

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah the fact that Klein is out and he still doesn't get to play is absolutely insane. Not starting in the top 6 is silly but not completely insane on its own.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
There was a lot of interesting subtext in that comment. He said he wanted to sit down with Beuk and "maybe" AV (seems to be clear where the problem is). Also, it seemed to be clear that McIlrath felt he had earned a starting spot (I don't disagree with him) and that the meeting would be about how to deal with a situation where you earn a spot over several guys only to not get one of those spots.

Based on the lineup and Klein's injury, he's the #8. He outplayed Girardi, Skjei, and Holden in the pre-season pretty handily. He's a better option than Clendening as an everyday player. The only RHD who played better in preseason is Klein, and it wasn't by much. I'd be pissed too.

This is a textbook case of over analyzing a player's comment. He will sit down with Beuk because Beuk handles the D. He might not sit down with AV because talking to Beuk might be enough. The meeting is to find out what he needs to keep working at. Probably come up with a plan to do so.

It's really pretty straight forward and there was no subtext.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
This is a textbook case of over analyzing a player's comment. He will sit down with Beuk because Beuk handles the D. He might not sit down with AV because talking to Beuk might be enough. The meeting is to find out what he needs to keep working at. Probably come up with a plan to do so.

It's really pretty straight forward and there was no subtext.

Yeah Dylan's more of a straight shooter imo, but I understand the frustration.

The reason for the frustration is because AV isn't a coach who bases ice-time on a meritocracy. It's what keeps him from being elite.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yeah Dylan's more of a straight shooter imo, but I understand the frustration.

The reason for the frustration is because AV isn't a coach who bases ice-time on a meritocracy. It's what keeps him from being elite.

Eh. I still think he was the 4th best RD in camp, which would've made it a meritocracy anyway.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Eh. I still think he was the 4th best RD in camp, which would've made it a meritocracy anyway.

I can give you that, Girardi was serviceable at times, but the Rangers as a team still had shift after shift of being pressed in their own zone but overall I think that's going to plague the team until they have an overhaul of sorts.

Systems and Personnel. Change is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad