Dylan Larkin's Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Z's stuff will be done by the time the CBA comes. They won't have to worry about it.

Sorry, should've been more clear - I just meant in general I'd be real hesitant to count on current "loopholes" continuing past '21-'22. If we had a Parise-level contract, I'd be thinking about building the LTIR case now, just in case the league does to them what it did to us in the last CBA.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This should be the Larkin situation.

Currently, we have 22-man roster with Franzen included

Cap space is 2.827M
Putting Franzen on LTIR with that Training camp -mode, this will open 3.954M to fill.

Total 6.782M

When Larkin signs, then we have the 23-man roster.

If Larkin signs for 6.1 million, we have 681k left to call up the replacement player for Franzen.

Chris Terry has the nearest caphit we fit under, so Holland calls him up to determine the numbers, and then we are 6k of maximum LTIR usage, which will set our whole season number.

We could send Terry down immediately and call 635k Hicketts up, but that's the only realistic option on that point.

So this is one option, but I think the reality will be waiving Frk and calling Rasmussen on the starting roster.

If Larkin signs for 6.25M, that makes it a bit trickier. But still, there are just possibilities.

Waive Frk to save 1.0M and call 100k-300k cheaper player on his spot, like Rasmussen 894k. then add Hicketts later up for the 7th D.

All the Athletic rumors (imo, most trusted source nowdays) will tell that they're not gonna go 7-8 years and it will be at 5-6 year range. So it won't be that expensive, because it's not maximum length.

Everything between 5.85-6.25M just works, and I have hard time seeing Larkin's caphit outside that range. Especially because of the 5-6 year rumoured terms.

I could imagine he has something like 5-year, 5.85M AAV and 6-year 6.2M AAV offers on the table.

And feel free to choose.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
One thing I wonder about is why is his pay staggered the way it is? Seems odd to me!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One thing I wonder about is why is his pay staggered the way it is? Seems odd to me!

Yeah, that last year as 1st UFA-year being cheap on salary is odd.

2020-21 being cheap is the possible lockout year. Probably a shortened season, so 4.75M of a ~48-game shortened season like 2012-13 is reasonable. Less games, less salary.

Reactions: Oddbob

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Possibly just front-loading the contract so Larks gets most of the $$ by the end of the lock-out. The NTC may be there as a show of good faith

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It is in case of a lockout, the lowest salary year is during the year they can opt out and the second low year is the year the CBA expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad