Dylan Larkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yes it's a fact right now, but it also means very little. How someone plays in their first 30 games as an 18/19 year old really means nothing in the long run. None of this changes the talent that Eichel has.

i'd argue it means something. total bust is not going to be close to ppg. generational talent won't score only few points with good linemates and ice time.

as for who will end up better between eichel and larkin, it won't mean much, if anything, agree there.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
He definitely isn't as strong on his skates as I'd like. Is he light? He's weaker on them than Tatar.

It's because he's bigger and much faster than Tatar. It doesn't take as much to knock someone over going at those speeds. Tatar has a lower center of gravity and doesn't have the top end speed.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's because he's bigger and much faster than Tatar. It doesn't take as much to knock someone over going at those speeds. Tatar has a lower center of gravity and doesn't have the top end speed.

Works both ways. Bigger players can also have more mass which makes them harder to move around. Sheahan's pretty strong on his.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Center of gravity is more important than mass. A player with a higher center of gravity will be easier to knock over, especially if they have more mass. As Larkin builds more and more core and leg strength it'll help with his balance and center of gravity.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
He does seem to go crashing into the end boards with frightening regularity. When he doesn't get round the outside of the D with his speed, he gets dumped on the ice, often with the D-man on top of him. Every time I see it I wince in fear that this is the time he gets injured.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
He does seem to go crashing into the end boards with frightening regularity. When he doesn't get round the outside of the D with his speed, he gets dumped on the ice, often with the D-man on top of him. Every time I see it I wince in fear that this is the time he gets injured.

He will get smarter with experience, we'll just hope the lesson won't be too all too harsh.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Works both ways. Bigger players can also have more mass which makes them harder to move around. Sheahan's pretty strong on his.

Sheahan doesn't have the speed though. Shorter players naturally have a lower center of gravity.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He definitely isn't as strong on his skates as I'd like. Is he light? He's weaker on them than Tatar.

Speed is obviously a huge part of his game. It's elite. This should work its self out once he gets more comfortable with the speed of the NHL. Right now he's probably always thinking about skating his balls off. He has plenty of speed and once the game slows down for him he'll be even better. He'll be able to accelerate and change gears effortlessly and at that point there will be no looking back. :popcorn:

Actual Thought*

I would expect his production to taper off around this point of the season. The grind is going to start wearing on his young body.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Not to mention he's not really getting points on the PP. For whatever reason he just hasn't done well there. I think his best asset is speed and transition and the PP neuter that. He needs to round out his offensive game still to be better at creating offense with his smarts more and not just his speed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not to mention he's not really getting points on the PP. For whatever reason he just hasn't done well there. I think his best asset is speed and transition and the PP neuter that. He needs to round out his offensive game still to be better at creating offense with his smarts more and not just his speed.
Well our PP has been pretty terrible. Larkin has looked better on it lately too I think. He had a shot from the circles that rang hard off the iron. He'll get the hang of it.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Richards, Pulkkinen, and Datsyuk all have abysmal numbers on the PP as well, and those are the kind of guys you would expect to feast on it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Full interview:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1...-will-stay-productive-into-their-40s-1.411303

Says Ericsson will be here "another 5 or 6 years." :laugh:

I dont really think Holland has said anybody has a chance to be a face of the franchise (except Nyquist,Tatar) and even then Im pretty sure he didnt say it, Just the fans and some other people thought that.

Also that Ericsson thing makes me barf. No cup for us if he is here for another 5 or 6 years, unless Lidstrom comes back. I don't see Ericsson moving on the bottom pair, Unless we somehow get another green. and then we only have 1 or 2 years with Datsyuk winding dowm

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Errorsson damn near leads the entire league in giveaways and Holland seems all giddy to lock him up for another 6 years, WTF?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad