Player Discussion Dylan Ferguson (G) 1yr 2-way 2022-23

Race Dawg

Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I admit that I don't really follow the Belleville Senators but holy f***ing A batman, Who is this guy?? We aren't worthy of such a spectacular performance of goaltending, He stays!!!!!!

Reactions: starling

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
There are a couple posters here who really know goalies but man was I impressed with his lateral movement.

I know it was his first game and he was clearly amped up and dialed in but holy smokes that kid can slide between the pipes and kick those legs out.

Reactions: Alex1234

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Fun game, happy for the kid, he's listed as 6'2", I am not sure if its cause we're been watching Sogaard for last couple weeks but seems wayyyyy smaller than that

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
We have seen this movie before lol.

Still, what a game. Kid should be extremely proud of himself.

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Fun game, happy for the kid, he's listed as 6'2", I am not sure if its cause we're been watching Sogaard for last couple weeks but seems wayyyyy smaller than that
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! He looked tiny.

Our own Darren Pang.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If sogaard isn’t great tonight it will be Ferguson until he gets blown out
Id start Ferguson again. He has hardly played this year and he is dialed in. Let it ride.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! He looked tiny.

Our own Darren Pang.
Maybe Soogard is too big. The Marner goalie he got out of his stance on one knee to close his five hole.

Reactions: aragorn

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
You should 100% start Ferguson tonight just because you ride the hot hand in a dice game. Always.

I expect DJ to DJ and play Sogaard though.

Reactions: Race Dawg

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Id start Ferguson again. He has hardly played this year and he is dialed in. Let it ride.

Maybe Soogard is too big. The Marner goalie he got out of his stance on one knee to close his five hole.
The guys with quick hands made it look easy in the shootout. Big goalies will have their soft spots too.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah and then he got beat over the shoulder while standing up lol.

I…don’t know what I’d do. I really don’t. So good news no matter what happens tonight I won’t bitch about DJ smiths goalie choice

Reactions: bert

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
You should 100% start Ferguson tonight just because you ride the hot hand in a dice game. Always.

I expect DJ to DJ and play Sogaard though.
It's the analytics to not play back-to-back nights but curious to see what happens.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Had a really nice first game.

Ferguson may not be Sogaard big, but he really covers the net well. Dude knows how to play.

Edit to add: I don't know if palying back to back is a good idea right after a near 50-save night. Dude must be exhausted.

Reactions: ColinM

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well…Anaheim is a lottery team and supposed to be a lottery team and is trying to be a lottery team….
*Shit games against Chicago, Vancouver and Calgary as well in must win games.
And yeah we truly were that bad in those games.
It's also after we lost Forsberg for the season while Talbot was still injured & they had to take two rookie goaltenders from the AHL on a western road trip who had very little NHL experience between them. Before this yr & not that long ago they had 122 minutes of experience between the two of them, that's less than 2 games. It's a lot to expect for them to come in & win consistently in the best league in the world when they have been playing in the AHL & all of a sudden need to be great at the NHL level.
That's on skates ... :laugh:
The guys with quick hands made it look easy in the shootout. Big goalies will have their soft spots too.
The shootout went 9 rounds, they had their NHL goalie in net while we had out AHL goalie in net. It's a lot to expect from a rookie goaltender thrown into the fire due to injuries against some of the best players in the world& yet he still gave them an opportunity to win the game. He did well in that shootout.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's also after we lost Forsberg for the season while Talbot was still injured & they had to take two rookie goaltenders from the AHL on a western road trip who had very little NHL experience between them. Before this yr & not that long ago they had 122 minutes of experience between the two of them, that's less than 2 games. It's a lot to expect for them to come in & win consistently in the best league in the world when they have been playing in the AHL & all of a sudden need to be great at the NHL level.

That's on skates ... :laugh:

The shootout went 9 rounds, they had their NHL goalie in net while we had out AHL goalie in net. It's a lot to expect from a rookie goaltender thrown into the fire due to injuries against some of the best players in the world& yet he still gave them an opportunity to win the game. He did well in that shootout.
You think forsberg or Talbot would have dragged this team to a winning record on that western road trip the way we were playing in front of them? Guess we will never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad