Dylan Cozens first NHL fight

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Lots of promise--good puck possession, strong as heck and routinely wins puck battles, can drive into the offensive zone by himself, but predictably underperforming on the score sheet like the majority of the roster due to Krueger

His NHLe last year was something like 40 points over 82 games, but he's currently playing at a 24-point pace over 82 games thanks to Krueger's "expertise"

Honestly its impossible to judge anyones play with Krueger as the coach. Hes going to chase away the talent they have if he keeps this up. Eichel, D, Skinner and Cozens are not going to want to waste away their best years under a coach who doesnt set them up for success. In the interest of having our rivalry continuing I hope the sabres smarten up sooner then later. When your francise Dman says the team is an embarrassment...change has to come.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Cozens and Lindgren deserve stick taps for a spirited and good fight from two tough young kids (wish Boston had kept Lindgren or Nash hadn't got concussed right after trade).

That display by Eichel? He deserves someone to kick his ass. That's not tough and spirited -- that's bush league. Foolish announcer saying "look at this kid, he doesn't know how to drop his gloves". He didn't drop his gloves because a) Eichel jumped him, and b) to this day, no one knows what the hell Eichel was doing and why.

Reactions: Neil Racki

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cozens and Lindgren deserve stick taps for a spirited and good fight from two tough young kids (wish Boston had kept Lindgren or Nash hadn't got concussed right after trade).

That display by Eichel? He deserves someone to kick his ass. That's not tough and spirited -- that's bush league. Foolish announcer saying "look at this kid, he doesn't know how to drop his gloves". He didn't drop his gloves because a) Eichel jumped him, and b) to this day, no one knows what the hell Eichel was doing and why.
Yeah, it was kind of random. JEE pisses off a lot of players because he is a strong defensive player, but he is absolutely not a fighter, or a cheap shot artist. I think it was a combination of Eichel being frustrated, and wanting to fire up his team. Maybe not the best decision, but I'm not going to criticize him for fighting, nor JEE for not fighting. If i was the Sabres coach i wouldn't want to see that very much. It's all fun and games till your star player has to miss games because he broke his thumb during a fight. There is a reason that the fighters on a team are usually bottom pairing D and 4th line players. Fighting is dangerous, and the participants end up sitting rather than being on the ice.

Cozens certainly believes in the school of fighting that says, "Hit first, and don't stop!"

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, it was kind of random. JEE pisses off a lot of players because he is a strong defensive player, but he is absolutely not a fighter, or a cheap shot artist. I think it was a combination of Eichel being frustrated, and wanting to fire up his team. Maybe not the best decision, but I'm not going to criticize him for fighting, nor JEE for not fighting. If i was the Sabres coach i wouldn't want to see that very much. It's all fun and games till your star player has to miss games because he broke his thumb during a fight. There is a reason that the fighters on a team are usually bottom pairing D and 4th line players. Fighting is dangerous, and the participants end up sitting rather than being on the ice.

Cozens certainly believes in the school of fighting that says, "Hit first, and don't stop!"
I agree. In fairness, I have to confess, I don't see that much of Eichel so I really can't comment on if that's his game or not. If it's a one off and, as you say JEE got under his skin, probably a good thing. Nothing gets you room like being a little nutty. However, I'd not want to see him do that often for lots of reasons -- including as you say the risk of injury.

Again, I don't see Eichel much - so I don't want to slag him off. I was probably more struck by the difference between the two fight videos.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
They both gave a head nod, both dropped gloves at the same time ... Cozen just started throwing hands in the same motion he dropped his gloves.

Quick to the draw.

I hate when one guy drops gloves and starts whailling away and the other guy hasnt even gotten his gloves off yet.

I commented on Eichel's fight, where he clearly jumped an unprepared non-fighter and started swinging.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad