Dylan Cozens first NHL fight

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I assume you’re pointing out the difference between the two?

I'm pointing out that Eichel is also the kind of guy who fights for his team

The guy I was responding to was making it sound like Eichel/the players were part of the Sabres "culture problem" in Buffalo (since he's the captain) when he's had the responsibility of carrying the team on his back since he was drafted. The players aren't the issue in Buffalo, it's the coaching, management, and ownership

["culture problem" is in quotes because the Sabres have a lack of a competent coach problem, not a culture problem, since the best record the team has produced was with Dan Bylsma, the last coach the Sabres hired who had long-term NHL head coaching experience before coaching the Sabres]

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Wow, what a hero.

Starting a fight with a non-fighting European, who was not prepared for it at all.

He must feel like a real man now.

Maybe the "non-fighting euro" shouldn't have slashed then taken liberties with Eichel before he got punched in the face? Look like what set Eichel off (apart from the slash) is Eriksson Ek checking Eichel into the glass at an awkward angle pinching his shoulder/elbow right before he threw punches

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Maybe the "non-fighting euro" shouldn't have slashed then taken liberties with Eichel before he got punched in the face? Look like what set Eichel off (apart from the slash) is Eriksson Ek checking his shoulder into the glass at an awkward angle right before he threw punches

See, I thought you posted the clip to show what a coward Eichel is and to show that maybe Cozens is more the energy the Sabres need.

I’m not being sarcastic either. Posting a video of Eichel jumping someone is nothing close to what Cozens did.

Reactions: Magic Stick

explore

Jun 28, 2011
See, I thought you posted the clip to show what a coward Eichel is and to show that maybe Cozens is more the energy the Sabres need.

I’m not being sarcastic either. Posting a video of Eichel jumping someone is nothing close to what Cozens did.

You should get your eyes checked, because Eriksson checked Eichel's shoulder/elbow into the glass after the puck was already gone before Eichel started swinging

I'm not being sarcastic either, get your eyes checked

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
You should get your eyes checked, because Eriksson checked Eichel's shoulder/elbow into the glass after the puck was already gone before Eichel started swinging

I'm not being sarcastic either, get your eyes checked

Ah, alright. Good talk.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I honestly thought Cozens was going to get merked by Lindgren and he was going to be in serious trouble sprawled out half dead on the ice but wow he really took the W
How so? Cozen is 6'3 and Lindgren is like 5'11, I don't care what the internet says. He's not 6 ft. Just like Patrick Kane isn't as "tall" as it says on NHL.com.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Read the title and was expecting some hugging and the linesmen getting involved right away, but this was a real fight.

Good on them both.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
That kind of intensity is just what the Sabres needed. I want them competitive again as a fan of another Atlantic team.

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m not a fan of fighting, but I hope scraps like this never entirely disappear. Just helps clarify who has the stones and who doesn’t, who’s gonna try and step up in the future. My man can handle himself too, goddamn.

Reactions: The Assclown

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I’m not a fan of fighting, but I hope scraps like this never entirely disappear. Just helps clarify who has the stones and who doesn’t, who’s gonna try and step up in the future. My man can handle himself too, goddamn.

Skill and intensity are a deadly combo.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
He will lose interest in Buffalo and passion for the game by next year, just like the rest of em

good fight though

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
How is Cozens’s play so far? Is he ready? Points are limited.
He hasn't been perfect (I mean nobody on this team is close in that regard) and got scratched along the way but responded positively (so far) and actually plays like he gives a shit while showing that he does have talent. Obviously only time will tell but I'm excited to at his player and character progression

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad