Dylan Cozens first NHL fight

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
How is Cozens’s play so far? Is he ready? Points are limited.

Lots of promise--good puck possession, strong as heck and routinely wins puck battles, can drive into the offensive zone by himself, but predictably underperforming on the score sheet like the majority of the roster due to Krueger

His NHLe last year was something like 40 points over 82 games, but he's currently playing at a 24-point pace over 82 games thanks to Krueger's "expertise"

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Betting on him to be a gem going forward. He has the size, skill and obviously is a tough kid.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Always like when skill guys show passion and fight. 1 of my favorite fights all time was 04 Vinny vs Iginla. This is why fighting is needed in the league. I don’t care for staged fights...

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Some of the Sabres vets should take notice of that. 20 Year old Rookie, only 15 games in the show standing up and chucking em to spark the club.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
That kind of intensity is just what the Sabres needed. I want them competitive again as a fan of another Atlantic team.
I really do miss tough guys in the NHL. It's so weird that Austin Watson is a tough guy now. But ten years ago I think the Sabres had like Gaustad, Mair, Kaleta and Rivet on D too and then either Peters or Scott.

Now I look at that team and you hear how Eichel and Dahlin are looking for some guys to step up physically and my question is who?

Reactions: The Assclown

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I really do miss tough guys in the NHL. It's so weird that Austin Watson is a tough guy now. But ten years ago I think the Sabres had like Gaustad, Mair, Kaleta and Rivet on D too and then either Peters or Scott.

Now I look at that team and you hear how Eichel and Dahlin are looking for some guys to step up physically and my question is who?

I remember those days as a Leafs fan. They used to hit the Leafs right out of the building in Buffalo. I've also been watching some of the older Leafs' playoff series against Buffalo, the Isles, etc., and that kind of hockey was amazing.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Wow, what a hero.

Starting a fight with a non-fighting European, who was not prepared for it at all.

He must feel like a real man now.

They both gave a head nod, both dropped gloves at the same time ... Cozen just started throwing hands in the same motion he dropped his gloves.

Quick to the draw.

I hate when one guy drops gloves and starts whailling away and the other guy hasnt even gotten his gloves off yet.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I remember those days as a Leafs fan. They used to hit the Leafs right out of the building in Buffalo. I've also been watching some of the older Leafs' playoff series against Buffalo, the Isles, etc., and that kind of hockey was amazing.
I miss it too, the 02 series between Isles and Leafs was legendary. I watch those too. Isles lost but it was so memorable that I still look back fondly.

I think the best NHL was between 06-15. Huge lack of emotion these days.

Reactions: The Assclown

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I miss it too, the 02 series between Isles and Leafs was legendary. I watch those too. Isles lost but it was so memorable that I still look back fondly.

I think the best NHL was between 06-15. Huge lack of emotion these days.

Isles wouldn't have lost if they had anyone other than Chris Osgoode in net, but yeah, the wide open days after the lockout seem to be gone. The speed, hitting, etc., was amazing.

My favourite Leafs team was the single good season they had under Randy Carlyle in 2012-13 that featured four heavyweights.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
They both gave a head nod, both dropped gloves at the same time ... Cozen just started throwing hands in the same motion he dropped his gloves.

Quick to the draw.

I hate when one guy drops gloves and starts whailling away and the other guy hasnt even gotten his gloves off yet.
I think the poster you are replying to was talking about the JEE/Eichel fight.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I honestly thought Cozens was going to get merked by Lindgren and he was going to be in serious trouble sprawled out half dead on the ice but wow he really took the W
They're around the same weight, but Cozens has about 3-4 inches on him. Caught him with the first punch and never let up. The fight lasted longer than the clip with Lindgren eventually getting his shots in after recovering. Credit to both. Lindgren is tough but he's not really the best fighter. He can take a beating though and I don't think his face has ever been bruised/cut free a day of his NHL career.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm pointing out that Eichel is also the kind of guy who fights for his team

The guy I was responding to was making it sound like Eichel/the players were part of the Sabres "culture problem" in Buffalo (since he's the captain) when he's had the responsibility of carrying the team on his back since he was drafted. The players aren't the issue in Buffalo, it's the coaching, management, and ownership

["culture problem" is in quotes because the Sabres have a lack of a competent coach problem, not a culture problem, since the best record the team has produced was with Dan Bylsma, the last coach the Sabres hired who had long-term NHL head coaching experience before coaching the Sabres]
That clipped just showed Eichel being a big baby and sucker punching somebody. Slightly different than sticking up for a teammate or sparking your team. I don't know the outcome of that fight, but if Eichel didn't get an extra penalty there, the ref got it wrong. And if Eichel did get the extra penalty, then that's not sparking your team.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
That clipped just showed Eichel being a big baby and sucker punching somebody. Slightly different than sticking up for a teammate or sparking your team. I don't know the outcome of that fight, but if Eichel didn't get an extra penalty there, the ref got it wrong. And if Eichel did get the extra penalty, then that's not sparking your team.

How did Eichel sucker punch Erkisson Ek when he punched him in the face while facing him?

lmao

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I thought he did alright against Kadri. He could've handily beat a rookie, but then again he's only in his second season, second fight, and Cozens might be a good fighter.

Considering Kadri had his gloves off and swinging as Lindgren was turning... he did ok standing in there but he got tuned up though. (if your opponent already got his gloves off and you're still holding your stick - that's trouble lol)

That said, Lindgren really needs to learn when situations like that are potentially about to happen because unfortunately Kadri among many others aren't going to "square up"

Good tilt by Cozens, he won that bout! (IMO)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad