Confirmed with Link: Dvorak to Montreal for 22 1st, 24 2nd

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
I'm ABSOLUTELY astounded with all the hype of the rebrand, rebuild, new arena, new faces, that the Coyotes organization can't figure out how to generate a little interest in the upcoming season. Unbelievable!! Same ol', same ol'...

Yep, here's a meet-and-greet at Tempe Beach Park, dated January 25, 2004, during a terrible season. Are those fans lining up for player autographs?

ghYWD6n.jpg

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Yep, here's a meet-and-greet at Tempe Beach Park, dated January 25, 2004, during a terrible season. Are those fans lining up for player autographs?

ghYWD6n.jpg
Obviously you went to the "way-back machine" to get that picture. It does make me feel better that we will/might get back there someday.:sarcasm::thumbu::wg:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
They had a really good one at a Dave & Busters somewhere and the kids got to play games with the players, the only douche that day was Winnik, all the other players were fantastic, in fact Doan talked with my 6yr old son (he's 21 now) for almost 30 minutes, talking hockey, he was obviously fantastic and has always been.

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
They had a really good one at a Dave & Busters somewhere and the kids got to play games with the players, the only douche that day was Winnik, all the other players were fantastic, in fact Doan talked with my 6yr old son (he's 21 now) for almost 30 minutes, talking hockey, he was obviously fantastic and has always been.

I remember both of these events - great childhood memories. Wish I still had it... I had Doan as the voicemail answering message for my phone haha it was the best.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Kinda bummed to see all of this extended coverage for other teams from training camp. Line combos, standouts, PTO performances, etc…

All we really have to go off of is Craig’s podcast if we want to hear how they did. Not blaming Craig, either, how much can one man do, but still would love to hear if Galchenyuk seems to be making an impression, or how Keller’s weight is affecting his play, etc. Minor stuff that helps us get a grasp.

All the 'journalists' are to busy writing about relocation.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Doan is a genuinely good guy through and through. +/-15 years ago I was at Zoolights, in line with my nephew getting a drink. Turned around and there Shane Doan standing in line behind me. I asked "Are you the real Shane Doan or a look-a-like?" Lol. He said "I'm him" or something similar.

We talked for about 5 minutes about the game they lost against Dallas the night prior. So nice and sincerely humble.

Never asked for his autograph. I didn't want to cause attention and ruin his evening with family, but who am I kidding? Even 20 years ago famous NHL players could go unnoticed here in AZ.

I do have Gordie Howe's autograph though. He was a senior when he signed it back in MI.

Edit - I can't find it! Trying to think of where it could be. I thought it was in this little safe I have. Crap!

I might be the guy that had, bust lost a Gordie Howe autograph.

Last edited:

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
You do know that the gifts have as much a chance of being a bag of coal as being a bag of gold. Besides our first this year the rest will be a hope and a prayer.

Dvorak was a late second round pick himself. Although it's less and less likely the deeper you get into the draft, there's still a lot of players in the league that weren't first round picks. I wouldn't feel as good about it if we didn't have so many draft assets though.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You do know that the gifts have as much a chance of being a bag of coal as being a bag of gold. Besides our first this year the rest will be a hope and a prayer.
Yes but we have more lottery tickets than any team in recent history in the best draft in over a decade.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I ran into Zbynek Michalek last year at a game. Shook his hand and we had a small chat. Didn’t realize his family still lived here. His kids had junior coyotes jerseys on with the last name on it.

Nobody recognized him in the f***ing stadium. Haha. IN THE STADIUM. These guys must love not being bothered too much here.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I ran into Zbynek Michalek last year at a game. Shook his hand and we had a small chat. Didn’t realize his family still lived here. His kids had junior coyotes jerseys on with the last name on it.

Nobody recognized him in the f***ing stadium. Haha. IN THE STADIUM. These guys must love not being bothered too much here.
Are you freaking kidding me?? One of my favorites. Played here for 10 years, yes 10 years and NOBODY recognized him?? Sad, so sad...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dvorak was a late second round pick himself. Although it's less and less likely the deeper you get into the draft, there's still a lot of players in the league that weren't first round picks. I wouldn't feel as good about it if we didn't have so many draft assets though.
Dvorak fell in the rankings due to a knee injury (ACL) in his draft year.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I went to an ice den practice during the last lockout and saw several NHLers play including Doan. They were all friendly, thanked everyone for coming out and everything, but took a picture with every fan there and had a conversation with every kid. Truly one of a kind.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Dvorak fell in the rankings due to a knee injury (ACL) in his draft year.
I remember watching him in the OHL playoffs/Mem Cup the season before, and really liking his game. He was someone I had hoped we'd find a way to pick. Was very pleased with the selection. I never imagined he'd end up with the kind of junior career he had.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I remember watching him in the OHL playoffs/Mem Cup the season before, and really liking his game. He was someone I had hoped we'd find a way to pick. Was very pleased with the selection. I never imagined he'd end up with the kind of junior career he had.
I also loved Domi and didn’t care much for Horvat. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad