Confirmed with Link: Dvorak to Montreal for 22 1st, 24 2nd

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I didn't like it when the trade went down and still don't like the trade. I think the implied alternative solution for others in that camp is not to have made the trade. I don't like the protected top 10 aspect and would have preferred to make the trade mid-season when more teams might have injured players to replace or go all in for a run at the Stanley Cup and willing to dangle their 1st round pick.

That said I didn't like the Suns trade for CP3 when it happened, so I'm hopeful I'm wrong yet again.
There’s no way any bubble team is giving up a wholly unprotected 1st in the Shane Wright draft. Least of all Montreal as the draft is in Montreal. I guess if it was top 3 protected instead of top 10, I’d feel a little better about it. But I just really can’t see how MTL would be picking 4-10, anyhow. So I’m not that worried about it. The conditions really don’t bother me much.

rt

May 13, 2004
And whenever I see Keilback's name I hear him taking 5 seconds to say "Tverdovsky's shot!" in my head (I go way back).
Taking two or three gasping breaths in that span, also. Haha. As goofy as he was, he’s still 10x better than McConnell. Strader was the best. Kiel back and Heethuis are about tied for me, for 2nd and 3rd place respectively. I don’t much like any of the other PBP guys we’ve had.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
And whenever I see Keilback's name I hear him taking 5 seconds to say "Tverdovsky's shot!" in my head (I go way back).

Ta-na-be shhaat! I loved that one. Or Ha-be-boo-len. The way he highlighted each syllable. Loved that guy. Give me a homer with some attitude every time. Only time I ever emailed someone about an issue with the team is when I emailed Dave Moss (the exec, not player) about getting rid of Curt. He actually called me which was pretty cool of him.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

rt

May 13, 2004
We finally are rebuilding the right way. Through investment in drafting and development. I hate losing Dvorak. To me he could have been a 2nd line C for the next decade but this draft is special. We didn’t get a chance to participate in the 2003 superstar draft and now we have 3 first rounders and 5 second rounders. Xmas is coming. We just have to be patient to see what the gifts are.
With all these risers, there’s gonna have to be some fallers. Had a day dream about Slafkovsky dropping to the MTL pick, and then us grabbing Dalibor Dvorsky 3rd overall next year. Then we have an absolutely sick pair of Slovak forwards. Maybe we get Savoie with our 1st this year.

Slafkovsky-Dvorsky-XXXX
XXXXXX-Savoie-Guenther

^ Hometown pals on each line :)

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Taking two or three gasping breaths in that span, also. Haha. As goofy as he was, he’s still 10x better than McConnell. Strader was the best. Kiel back and Heethuis are about tied for me, for 2nd and 3rd place respectively. I don’t much like any of the other PBP guys we’ve had.

If anyone says anything about a 5 dollar cigar I'll throw up.

rt

May 13, 2004
This pick will likely be between 11-24
Here’s our last 20 years of drafting 11-24!

2019 Victor Soderstrom (11)
2017 POJ (23)
2014 Perlini (12)
2013 domi (12)
2011 Connor Murphy (20)
2010 Brandon Gormley (13)
2005 The Hanz man (15)
2002 Jakob Koreis (19) Ben Eager (23)
2001 Frejdrik Sjostrom (11)
2000 Krys Kolanos( 19)

Most amounted to jack shit in this league. Draft picks outside the top 10 are a crapshoot. Might as well stock up on as many as we can and hope 1 or 2 amount to something other than a 4th liner cleaning the jock straps from the rafters(Fischer)
“Our”? Who’s that? Who’s “our”? Which executive, scout, development personal, and coaches on this team had anything to do with any of that?

Go do the same analysis but this time do it for Armstrong, Plandowski, Jankowksi, Hepple, and Ferguson Jr.

Betcha it looks a whole lot different. Now why would these men suddenly forget how to do what they’ve built their careers on simply because they came to work for the Coyotes? Is it a supernatural curse of some kind? If it’s a hex, then what does it matter?

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

rt

May 13, 2004
If anyone says anything about a 5 dollar cigar I'll throw up.
I just now wonder if $5 was enough for a good cigar back in 1996. I’d say around $7 is the bare minimum for something smokable now. So I guess back then $5 would get you a very nice stick. Never thought of it.

I’m gonna have to pick up some Gurkhas this week.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I didn't like it when the trade went down and still don't like the trade. I think the implied alternative solution for others in that camp is not to have made the trade. I don't like the protected top 10 aspect and would have preferred to make the trade mid-season when more teams might have injured players to replace or go all in for a run at the Stanley Cup and willing to dangle their 1st round pick.

That said I didn't like the Suns trade for CP3 when it happened, so I'm hopeful I'm wrong yet again.
Yup, I agree.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We finally are rebuilding the right way. Through investment in drafting and development. I hate losing Dvorak. To me he could have been a 2nd line C for the next decade but this draft is special. We didn’t get a chance to participate in the 2003 superstar draft and now we have 3 first rounders and 5 second rounders. Xmas is coming. We just have to be patient to see what the gifts are.
You do know that the gifts have as much a chance of being a bag of coal as being a bag of gold. Besides our first this year the rest will be a hope and a prayer.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ta-na-be shhaat! I loved that one. Or Ha-be-boo-len. The way he highlighted each syllable. Loved that guy. Give me a homer with some attitude every time. Only time I ever emailed someone about an issue with the team is when I emailed Dave Moss (the exec, not player) about getting rid of Curt. He actually called me which was pretty cool of him.

My favorite Kielbackisms were when he'd call a fast breakaway and his tongue would start stumbling over words, to wit:

"Doan, to Nagy... Nagy along the buh... turns and duh... guh... wugh... blubba dugga burp... HIH-SHAAAAAT, he SCARS!!! Nagyyyyyyyy on the breakaway!"

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Kinda bummed to see all of this extended coverage for other teams from training camp. Line combos, standouts, PTO performances, etc…

All we really have to go off of is Craig’s podcast if we want to hear how they did. Not blaming Craig, either, how much can one man do, but still would love to hear if Galchenyuk seems to be making an impression, or how Keller’s weight is affecting his play, etc. Minor stuff that helps us get a grasp.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Kinda bummed to see all of this extended coverage for other teams from training camp. Line combos, standouts, PTO performances, etc…

All we really have to go off of is Craig’s podcast if we want to hear how they did. Not blaming Craig, either, how much can one man do, but still would love to hear if Galchenyuk seems to be making an impression, or how Keller’s weight is affecting his play, etc. Minor stuff that helps us get a grasp.
Agreed.
Is there a broadcast of tonight's game?

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

I have never heard a worse radio play-by-play announcer than Kurt Kielback, and that includes 1970's announcers for my Podunk, Michigan IHL team. All I ask from those guys is to create a picture of where the puck is, who has it, and how the play is flowing. With Keilback announcing, you had no idea what was going on. I love the guy's loyalty when he came down here from Winnipeg, and his baritone voice is awesome. But his play calling was unlistenable.

Best radio calls for clarity? That's Sam Rosen, of course.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm ABSOLUTELY astounded with all the hype of the rebrand, rebuild, new arena, new faces, that the Coyotes organization can't figure out how to generate a little interest in the upcoming season. Unbelievable!! Same ol', same ol'...
They've never done shit for promotion since the team moved to Glendale. When they were in Phoenix, I remember the players at the malls signing autographs, lots of meet and greats, billboards on the freeway, etc. Now, you hardly ever hear or see anything which is why people still ask, "is the team still here"?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This pick will likely be between 11-24
Here’s our last 20 years of drafting 11-24!

2019 Victor Soderstrom (11)
2017 POJ (23)
2014 Perlini (12)
2013 domi (12)
2011 Connor Murphy (20)
2010 Brandon Gormley (13)
2005 The Hanz man (15)
2002 Jakob Koreis (19) Ben Eager (23)
2001 Frejdrik Sjostrom (11)
2000 Krys Kolanos( 19)

Most amounted to jack shit in this league. Draft picks outside the top 10 are a crapshoot. Might as well stock up on as many as we can and hope 1 or 2 amount to something other than a 4th liner cleaning the jock straps from the rafters(Fischer)
So many fails.
:ha:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm ABSOLUTELY astounded with all the hype of the rebrand, rebuild, new arena, new faces, that the Coyotes organization can't figure out how to generate a little interest in the upcoming season. Unbelievable!! Same ol', same ol'...
Quoted 'cause I can't like the post.

Maybe they hope nobody pays attention and then it wont matter how bad they are this year :(

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Quoted 'cause I can't like the post.

Maybe they hope nobody pays attention and then it wont matter how bad they are this year :(
Maybe, or they don't want anyone to know the tank is on and the goal is to be the worst team in the NHL. Wait until they have a player to promote like next years first pick or Mathews if we can sign him in a few years. The casual fan for sure won't want to watch us lose 7-1 consistently.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad