GDT: dux@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just because players are getting injured now doesn't mean they can't also get injured during or right before the playoffs.

I just can't buy into the "getting our injuries out of the way" form of thinking.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Just because players are getting injured now doesn't mean they can't also get injured during or right before the playoffs.

I just can't buy into the "getting our injuries out of the way" form of thinking.
It's just wishful thinking. We all know deep down were destined for failure

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
It truly is ridiculous. Why don't our stars get the Jonathan Quick/Lebron James treatment?
I don't know if you are being serious here but I am. Checking for blood after a high-sticking penalty and then extending the penalty if blood is present is not the same as giving star treatment. It is what the rule book states is supposed to happen.

And there was something odd about the refs not even showing much willingness to look at the Reaves goal the other night. Especially when the replays on FSM clearly showed it was a goal. On a different note, funny that the Blackhawks people were apparently insistent that it was not a good goal.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't know if you are being serious here but I am. Checking for blood after a high-sticking penalty and then extending the penalty if blood is present is not the same as giving star treatment. It is what the rule book states is supposed to happen.

And there was something odd about the refs not even showing much willingness to look at the Reaves goal the other night. Especially when the replays on FSM clearly showed it was a goal. On a different note, funny that the Blackhawks people were apparently insistent that it was not a good goal.

Not one person in the building thought (or indicated if you believe Reaves when he says he "knew") that it was a goal. Just about everyone was extremely confused when Toronto called down. The Chicago network either didn't have or didn't show the angle that showed it to be a goal.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Kenny20Gun.gif

__(.)<
\___)
__//
_^^

baddancing.gif

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
Not one person in the building thought (or indicated if you believe Reaves when he says he "knew") that it was a goal. Just about everyone was extremely confused when Toronto called down. The Chicago network either didn't have or didn't show the angle that showed it to be a goal.
Oh I don't doubt that. When I was watching the play live on TV, it looked close enough that it might be worth a look is all. I'm surprised that the refs weren't interested in looking and I'm surprised the Blues weren't trying harder to get them to do so. JK and Panger were surprised so that might be influencing me here.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Hell even the review guys had no idea. My dad is an off-ice official in the box and he said it was the Blues broadcast crew that caught it. Our feed had an angle that nobody else had and it was the only angle that actually showed the puck in the net. The guys in the truck saw it and called down the the box, who then called it in to Toronto.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I realize that's true, but I can't get too concerned about injuries and challenges early in the season if they are all temporary short-term issues. In the long run those things can be good for the team overall.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I realize that's true, but I can't get too concerned about injuries and challenges early in the season if they are all temporary short-term issues. In the long run those things can be good for the team overall.

Right, and I'm not singling you out 2MM. I agree it's much easier to handle injuries now than it would be in April.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

I'm sorry, it does look like sarcasm. I just meant that every other star gets a 'treatment' whereas the Blues stars never catch a break, or even get fair treatment.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
As long as all this is short term stuff, and if they can be healthy for the postseason, I'd rather have it early.

Not too optimistic for the game tonight, but it might be a nice time for a goalie to steal a game.

Pretty sure Allen is starting tonight.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
There is no set timetable on this sort of thing. Heck, Backes came back in less than a week from his last one. I'm betting at least one of them goes on the IR though. We're gonna have to call somebody up.

And hasn't been the same since imo, the captain has been pretty invisible so far this season. I'm kinda starting to wonder if the Seabrook hit took more out of him then we originally anticipated.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
And hasn't been the same since imo, the captain has been pretty invisible so far this season. I'm kinda starting to wonder if the Seabrook hit took more out of him then we originally anticipated.

With the sickness going around its hard to say what his issue is. But I agree, he's been sluggish and out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad