GDT: dux@note

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
we'd have to IR one of Backes or Oshie before we can call anyone up

We can't call Rattie up unless one of Backes or Oshie goes on the IR, which I can't see us doing.

I know. It just sort of depends on if these are short term concussions. Doesn't a player only have to stay on IR for one week? They could easily feel that one or the other could use the full 7 days off.

I mean I'm sure they'll go with 7 defensemen (which I hate) but I don't see this as being that far-fetched.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
It kind of bothers me that just like when Vlad got concussed against Colorado, we yet again have two cheap shots leading to concussions going 100% unpunished. Come on, refs/league!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It kind of bothers me that just like when Vlad got concussed against Colorado, we yet again have two cheap shots leading to concussions going 100% unpunished. Come on, refs/league!

I didn't really see Dailey's as a cheap shot, iirc Backes just kinda skated into him.

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
Is the Oshie injury likely from the head first slide into the post or is there a later hit I'm forgetting?

Because he was out there for his next shift after the post thing. Would seem the proper concussion test wasn't given.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I didn't really see Dailey's as a cheap shot, iirc Backes just kinda skated into him.

Daley was looking at him the whole time before they collided and followed through on the hit. Backes was turning, looking away from Daley, and 20 feet away from the puck. 100% cheapshot.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Is the Oshie injury likely from the head first slide into the post or is there a later hit I'm forgetting?

Because he was out there for his next shift after the post thing. Would seem the proper concussion test wasn't given.

It absolutely was. They showed his face after and he had that blank look about him. Knew it was a concussion right then. Sometimes hockey players just say they are fine and power through (which is dumb but part of the game)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I know. It just sort of depends on if these are short term concussions. Doesn't a player only have to stay on IR for one week? They could easily feel that one or the other could use the full 7 days off.

I mean I'm sure they'll go with 7 defensemen (which I hate) but I don't see this as being that far-fetched.
They'll need to make that decision basically right now if they want to call someone up. I don't think they'll rush it with putting one on IR though since they can always make it a retroactive thing. What concerns me more is that Oshie played after he hit his head and developed symptoms later. If they were to put somebody on IR today though, I agree that Rattie would be the callup.
Emergency call up? I suppose we'd need 1 more injury. Regardless, we're pretty screwed tonight.
Honestly, I'm not sure how the emergency callups work. We're going to have to dress seven D tonight if we want a full lineup. If a defenseman moves up to forward for the night, I'd like to see Cole play on the fourth line. Makes me wish we still had Russell. We could plug him in as a forward and tell him to go crazy on the forecheck with his speed.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I hope the lines are:

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Steen-Berglund-Jaskin
Paajarvi-Ott/Lappy-???
Porter-Ott/Lappy-Reaves

Come to think of it, we almost have to play a defenseman at forward now. I need to look at the emergency call up rules again to see if that makes us eligible.

sdaltons

Aug 17, 2010
plus we've had two players recently take high sticks, start bleeding, and the refs only call 2 minutes and refuse to come over and check out the blood.

and the Reaves goal which they weren't even going to count until they got overruled.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
(i) A player on loan to a Club of any
league affiliated with the League may be recalled from such loan
under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the
emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to
the club from which he was recalled.

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be
established when the playing strength of the loaning Club, by
reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League
suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two (2)
goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof
of the existence of the emergency conditions including the
incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League
upon request made by him.

(b) (i) A Club recalling a Player from a minor
league club, under emergency conditions, must specify on the
transfer form the name of the injured, ill or suspended Player
whom the Player on emergency recall is replacing.

(ii) When an emergency condition
terminates, the Club must submit a transfer form indicating
whether the Player's status has converted to regular recall or
is assigned to his minor league club.

Based on the forward count, I think this means we're allowed an emergency recall, which technically makes Fabbri eligible? It's so hard to get the rules here straight.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Based on the forward count, I think this means we're allowed an emergency recall, which technically makes Fabbri eligible? It's so hard to get the rules here straight.

If we're using an emergency recall I can't imagine it would be Fabbri. Would he even be able to make it in time? More than likely I'd think it would be Rattie.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
As long as all this is short term stuff, and if they can be healthy for the postseason, I'd rather have it early.

Not too optimistic for the game tonight, but it might be a nice time for a goalie to steal a game.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
plus we've had two players recently take high sticks, start bleeding, and the refs only call 2 minutes and refuse to come over and check out the blood.

and the Reaves goal which they weren't even going to count until they got overruled.

It truly is ridiculous. Why don't our stars get the Jonathan Quick/Lebron James treatment?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Daley was looking at him the whole time before they collided and followed through on the hit. Backes was turning, looking away from Daley, and 20 feet away from the puck. 100% cheapshot.

I only seen the replay, I've got it DVR'd I'll have a look see

If we see a call up, 100% Rattie.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So how much longer till the Bluesbonic plague is finally gone?

Hitch mentioned something else has been going on with Oshie too. I'll use that as an excuse for his crap play

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The hockey gods truly hate us.

Also Reaves, Lapierre and Ott I would like you three to locate your balls, remove the shrink wrap and ****ing stand up for our star players.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Lol okay this is a loss, one goal would be a moral victory for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia