Dustin Tokarski (Recalled)

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
So I see a lot of you think we are fine if Carey gets injured again.....good luck with that.

I am simply saying he has goaled horribly, and I will be much more confident with a better more experienced 2nd that could take a little more of the work load during the season and actually be a good backup if he Carey gets injured.

I am certain managment would of loved to give Torks more starts but didn't feel much confidence in doing so.

Oct 22, 2012
yeah and we saw the results, and don't come here hear being a ***** , this is my opionion and I am entitled to it.

The results were that by the midway point of last season, Budaji could not prove that he was a serviceable backup, and unfortunately that downward trend didn't stop there. Now, he's barely cutting it as a backup in the AHL. That's just who he is now, it's hard to desire that.

Now, if you were to argue that the habs need to pursue a more reliable backup then I'm sure you'd get a more positive response.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
The results were that by the midway point of last season, Budaji could not prove that he was a serviceable backup, and unfortunately that downward trend didn't stop there. Now, he's barely cutting it as a backup in the AHL. That's just who he is now, it's hard to desire that.

Now, if you were to argue that the habs need to pursue a more reliable backup then I'm sure you'd get a more positive response.

If you read the thread you will see that is exactly what I am saying

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
I said I missed Budaj, but the purpose of the thread is to say that we need a better back up. I am sure if you read thru the thread you can make that out. But yeah maybe I should have chose a different title but the purpose is the same.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
Budaj hasn't won a single game in the AHL this season and has a 3.47 GAA. No.

Let's see how well you would do if we striiped your of your current employment and sent you to work at McDonalds how well you would do and how your moral would be......sorry if you already do work at McD...:D

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Sorry, but if you have watched him goal at all this year you'd know this is not a reaction thread:help:

Sorry, but if you have watched Budaj goal at all in the last two years you'd know this is a reaction thread.

No on is saying that Tok is a good goalie, simply that Budaj is even worse.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Skimming the thread title I thought it said "Balej" and LOL'ed at the idea that someone might be missing him.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I don't think Budaj would fix anything.

The issue with Tokarski is that he's not playing enough. He can't get a rhythm. Granted, that's expected when you're second in line to the probable Hart/Vezina trophy winner.

A situation like Tokarski's is where having the farm team in Laval would be beneficial IMO. You can send him across the bridge to play a few games so he's not rusty and he can be on the Habs bench potentially that night. I guess that logic will soon be flawed though as he'll have to clear waivers going forward.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Budaj was brutal after the Olympics last year and has continued his decline, he was great for us at the start but he's simply not a NHL goalie anymore.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm good with Tokarski. He's not great but show me a backup who is. At least he's got the potential to improve and he played great hockey under pressure in the playoffs. He's got a lot of rope with me - for now anyway.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
He has yet to win a single game IN THE AHL this year. No, I don't miss him. Not that I'm much more satisfied by Tokarski however.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Was a big supporter of his over Ned's but he's been pretty brutal this year and typically he's had the weaker games (not this one of course the way Pavelec's playing)

Was surprised we didn't pick up some depth in between the pipes at the TDL - Dubnyk would've looked nice tho...

More reason why we have to 100% protect the CP31 meal ticket

its weird we got him for free last year on waivers i think? and just shipped him to Hamilton and never even took a good look at him apparently really too bad

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
its weird we got him for free last year on waivers i think? and just shipped him to Hamilton and never even took a good look at him apparently really too bad

Dubnyk was worse last year than Budaj this year. Congrats on him turning it around, but there is a reason he signed a 800k/1 year contract.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Let's see how well you would do if we striiped your of your current employment and sent you to work at McDonalds how well you would do and how your moral would be......sorry if you already do work at McD...:D

did.....did......you chop onions before posting this cause now i cant stop :cry:

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Sounds weird, but I want this team to win the Cup with Carey raising it above his head. I'm honestly not sure if I would even want them to win it with a back up lol...

Nynja*

So I see a lot of you think we are fine if Carey gets injured again.....good luck with that.

I am simply saying he has goaled horribly, and I will be much more confident with a better more experienced 2nd that could take a little more of the work load during the season and actually be a good backup if he Carey gets injured.

I am certain managment would of loved to give Torks more starts but didn't feel much confidence in doing so.
Were ****ed if carey gets injured, but unless someone like quick or lundqvist are available as a backup, it doesnt matter who our backup is, were ****ed either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad