Dustin Penner

Captain Mittens*

Please name one thing king is good at. Serious question.

Dwight-King.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Please name one thing king is good at. Serious question.

First man on the forecheck every time. Though he doesn't hit hard, he battles on the boards. He's also a decent backchecker. Doesn't try to do too much with the puck.

He doesn't play a "wow you" game, but he plays his role. I can't say the same for Penner, and he's been put in every role possible to get him going. He has underachieved.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I wonder what DL offered Penner. I imagine it was something like:
"With the current cap I can't give you more than 1.5 million."

Penner has had to have gotten better offers than DL's so far, maybe hes considering it.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Love Penner (the person), but the fact that he's a UFA and we're nearly two weeks into the FA period and he's not been snatched up by another team speaks volumes about Penner (the player).

Hendrydoso

Apr 30, 2007
Sacramento
I predict that we let Penner walk. Give some youth their cups 'o coffee and watch the trade market develop as the deadline gets closer. We should have a little cap space to work with and plenty of serviceable players with which to trade.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wonder what DL offered Penner. I imagine it was something like:
"With the current cap I can't give you more than 1.5 million."

Penner has had to have gotten better offers than DL's so far, maybe hes considering it.

That's what I'm thinking. DL has given him an upper limit but Penner loves it here so unless another GM comes banging the door down with money trucks he doesn't want to go.

His worth has to be at an all time low. Working against penner is that there were similar players out there on the market (Clowelol, Clarkson).

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It would be pretty ****ing stupid to take a contract from us. From a business standpoint: we'll give him a very low, one year offer. With how these GMs are throwing around money, he could go elsewhere and get a multi-year contract worth MUCH more. Plus when he's done this year, if he stays, his value might be even lower. It's a big gamble on his part. Not sure why he would stay.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
Penner needs a more open style of offense to get numbers. The Kings are too tight for him to show any of the skills he does have.

Or

He needs to develop new skills to make him more useful. One of the skills he could develop is the skill of more effort/energy

HolyShot*

I speak for all if not most ducks fans.. We have no room for Penner.. if we do sign Him, You could bet he would be in beast mode all year long!! Playing with the twins...Getz Setting him up with pancakes all year long lol..But seriously I think he goes to SJ...
Are u referring to getz and fairy as the twins? That's hilarious if you are. I have a new line now when trashing duck fans. Lol.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
LOL!!!! No way this is real. Notice the empty seats in the back of the
Duh-Wight King Bandwagon. This fact almost makes it real.

You made me spit take my cold beverage.

AGAIN.

That was too much really.

You should photoshop in a picture of Suter waiving to the crowd behind him. Or maybe DL doing his #1 finger pose. Or maybe Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off Or maybe Barney the Dinosaur, another big soft player.

KingKopitar11*

I speak for all if not most ducks fans.. We have no room for Penner.. if we do sign Him, You could bet he would be in beast mode all year long!! Playing with the twins...Getz Setting him up with pancakes all year long lol..But seriously I think he goes to SJ...

Idk maybe NJ

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
He's a pretty good fighter.

And Andreoff had some good things to say about him too.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/07/12/a-conversation-with-andy-andreoff/
LAKI: Do those guys ever reach out to you at all?
AA: Well, I played with Dwight King this year, and he’s a respectful guy, and I look up to him like that. He was always nice to the younger guys, and he taught us a lot. It’s nice that a guy up there was always helping the younger guys like us.

It's telling when a prospect is looking up to a guy like King who just recently turned 24 a week ago and has quite a bit of playoff experience.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The only way to really be disappointed in King is if you expected too much from him to begin with. I have said all along that he will be a serviceable bottom 6 utility player and he has at least done that very well. He has even at times looked like he should play a regular slot on our bottom 6.

He has a ways to go to get there but in the meantime he has done pretty well for himself all things considered.

I mean he could easily replace Penners O production in 82 games and is reasonably as good as him in his own end too.

I don't know but to me King is doing what was/is expected of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00