Dustin Penner

Ron*

This guy usually posts short, concise blog articles, but they are based on specific accurate content.

Anyway, here goes.

Kings GM Dean Lombardi talks about trying to re-sign winger Dustin Penner

Looks like it is unlikely we will be able to retain Penner.

I have mixed feelings about this. I am really unhappy with this guy's work ethic. He goes 75% during the regular season. For whatever reason, he picks it up in the playoffs and he has been indispensable the last two seasons for those playoff runs.

I don't think I can stomach another regular season with this guy. But at the same time, his contribution in the playoffs is above reproach.

What an enigma this guy is. :/

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Good riddance. You suck. Thanks for the cup but you are utterly ****ing USELESS outside of the playoffs. And you didn't even produce that well these playoffs. KHL in 3 years tops.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Could have told ya 4 months ago we weren't going to re-sign him :P He'll likely be a Duck again, so you'll be seeing lots of him soon.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Could have told ya 4 months ago we weren't going to re-sign him :P He'll likely be a Duck again, so you'll be seeing lots of him soon.

The fact that there was a very REAL debate whether to bring him back or not after we won the cup says it all about Penner. I hope he goes to Anaheim. He's a terrible player because he's so lazy. Don't want.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I wish he could have broken out as a King during the regular season, he's so damn likable... But in 117 regular season games as a King he had 11 goals. His playoff effort is commendable but enough is enough.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Good to hear...everyday that Penner is unsigned, there is a 1 in 10,000 chance that the Kings sign him...and I am scared that there's that much of a chance.

With young players like Toffoli, Andreoff, Vey, Pearson and even Shore
close, the Kings should have a team of PRO's who come prepared and work at being the best pro and in top condition and train on a daily basis. Penner does not fit that and also is a clown on Twitter and that isn't a great example as well, to kids who may think that's cool to emulate.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I wish he could have broken out as a King during the regular season, he's so damn likable... But in 117 regular season games as a King he had 11 goals. His playoff effort is commendable but enough is enough.

This.

Bring in the kids! Let players who have passion and want to play, play! We don't need any passengers on this train.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Penner wants too much money for what he brings to the table. If we had an average player of the same salary he got, maybe we win a couple more regular season games and don't face St. Louis in the first round.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA

I use to think that, but not any more. I think he's too much of a king to now be a duck. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

I never cared for Penner the first season, but I learn to like his play and even moreso, his easy going demeanor and sarcastic humor. I think Penner played well most of this season, but he just wasn't productive. And as much as I like Penner, I too think it's time to move on.

Thanks Dustin!

HolyShot*

You'll all be sorry you're saying this. Penner's a beast. And there's a reason he doesn't score during the regular season and its not because he's "lazy".

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
You'll all be sorry you're saying this. Penner's a beast. And there's a reason he doesn't score during the regular season and its not because he's "lazy".

....Hi Dustin. Sorry about the divorce. But you really suck. And you REALLY are lazy. Have fun on a ****** team.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
There's chemistry problems on the 2nd line. Penner is a player that thrives on line chemistry. That line doesn't have it.

He didn't have chemistry with Kopi on the 1st line. Apparently didn't have it on the 2nd. Didn't have it on the 3rd. Nor the 4th. His only chemistry in LA consistently has been the press box.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I could see it either way. I could see him going to a team like Anaheim and getting stuck on a line with Getzlaf and Perry and having a productive year, or even other places like Calgary or Toronto. I can also see him having another unproductive year and sort of dropping down into the 3rd line depths of the league jumping from team to team. He was adequately productive everywhere except for LA, it's hard to say he can't be anywhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad