Dustin Penner

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If king stayed on the bottom six i would be more able to handle his contribution. He gets 2nd mins and when he does i expect second line numbers out of him, Now i know it more of the coaching thats giving him them mintues. It not unreasonable to expect ur 2nd lw to score 15- 20 goals min. Imo King doesn't have that upside to him. I hope to be proven wrong belive me. I would much rather have frattin pearson or clifford in that postion or even 3rd line mins as well. I think all have better upside to them.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
If king stayed on the bottom six i would be more able to handle his contribution. He gets 2nd mins and when he does i expect second line numbers out of him, Now i know it more of the coaching thats giving him them mintues. It not unreasonable to expect ur 2nd lw to score 15- 20 goals min. Imo King doesn't have that upside to him. I hope to be proven wrong belive me. I would much rather have frattin pearson or clifford in that postion or even 3rd line mins as well. I think all have better upside to them.

I agree and that's what I think the point is.

King really shouldn't be used anywhere other than on our bottom 6 and when he is his inefficiencies stand out. That said he is a quality young cheap bottom 6er if used correctly. Now that we have Frattin and I believe Pearson at the ready along with AndyA we have several really good options and shouldn't hopefully have to use players out of position to make things work.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I really don't think there's anything to discuss regarding Penner, UNLESS he's willing to take less than 2-mil. I thought for sure that wouldn't even be a thought come the off season, because some stupid team would give him a ridiculous contract that he hadn't earned, but I'm starting to think that may not happen since he's still unsigned.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
When DL signed Penner to a 1 year deal he said that a longer deal would await based on Penner's performance. Well that performance never came so as far as I'm concerned, his tenure as a King is over. It's baffling because he just doesn't seem to be motivated, and it sucks because he's so likeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad