Rumor: Dustin Penner invited to try-out ?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Penner has offers from Europe as well as the NHL... Are you going to be splitting hairs here? I don't think anybody would tweet this not thinking it's contracts and not try-outs.

I'm not sure why you think somebody wouldn't tweet about his PTO offers. Don't follow your logic at all.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah I know, I'd still make an exception for Koivu, just because he's an ex. It's just a camp invite right?

That should be just like in real life.

Invite because of the ex factor, 30 minutes, then scram, and don't forget your socks.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm not sure why you think somebody wouldn't tweet about his PTO offers. Don't follow your logic at all.

You don't think when people express themselves in such a way that it's a fair assumption to make that they are talking about real contracts? That's your thing really. If it there was any try-outs, he would have mentioned it specifically as it is usually the case.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Dustin penner GTFO, no benefit to us, too slow. Boston needs you, I want to see us shake your hand when we beat you in the playoffs.:laugh:

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
You don't think when people express themselves in such a way that it's a fair assumption to make that they are talking about real contracts? That's your thing really. If it there was any try-outs, he would have mentioned it specifically as it is usually the case.

Offering a contract and offering a try out are both "offers."

I know that the Flames, Jets, Flyers and possibly Penguins have tested the waters for a PTO. I haven't heard any word about an NHL team approaching him about an actual contract, so I think that tweet is likely referring to PTO offers.

But I guess we'll see.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
he will fall under the pressure, he will probably join his pal Parros in SoCal selling high price/low quality clothes to american kids thinking hockey is only about fighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad