Movies: Dune by Denis Villeneuve?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just want to point out that the audio was not an issue for me in theater, but I can't imagine my home system doing well with this at the same time.

Not knocking your experience, just noting that it is probably an issue unique to streaming rather than theater viewing.

We had problems with the audio and we were at the Imax.

Yeah I've seen a decent amount of people comment about it who watched in the theaters as well as home and had the same issues.

I've never had issues before on my home setup so that's why I knew it was on their end. The actress who played Lady Jessica was the hardest one to hear with her whispering voice and the music/other audio drowning out her voice.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Was coming to post this. Personally cannot wait for this one.
I don't know why, but I'm not really that excited for this, even though I really enjoyed the first one.

I feel like I got everything I needed from the previous movie, and I didn't love this trailer.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I always thought that Book III (within the first Dune novel, not the third Dune novel) was, by far, the weakest portion of the novel. This movie will still cover a lot of Book II, but I'll be curious to see how well they can beef out the third portion of the novel or if it will just be one long action sequence.

Very excited for this, but I still kinda wish they had actually split it into three movies. A lot of the side characters were heavily underutilized in the first movie. Wish we could have got more of Thufir Hawat and Gurney Halleck.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I always thought that Book III (within the first Dune novel, not the third Dune novel) was, by far, the weakest portion of the novel. This movie will still cover a lot of Book II, but I'll be curious to see how well they can beef out the third portion of the novel or if it will just be one long action sequence.

Very excited for this, but I still kinda wish they had actually split it into three movies. A lot of the side characters were heavily underutilized in the first movie. Wish we could have got more of Thufir Hawat and Gurney Halleck.
It's possible there will be a 3rd movie and there is a spin-off series on HBOMax.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Feels like they showed most of the movie in the trailer already (from what I remember from reading the book and Lynch's film).
I thought that you said that you don't read books. Maybe you once did, but then you read them all? :sarcasm:

Seriously, if you don't often read books, but made an exception for Dune, I admire that. You just gained a point in my book (not that you'll ever read it :laugh:).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I thought that you said that you don't read books. Maybe you once did, but then you read them all? :sarcasm:

Seriously, if you don't often read books, but made an exception for Dune, I admire that. You just gained a point in my book (not that you'll ever read it :laugh:).
I've mentioned that I've read the book. READ SOME PREVIOUS POSTS!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The first one is on Netflix in Canada. It was artsy-fartsy to me. Like Hannibal the TV show where it's more of a spectacle trying to impress with artistry instead of making any attempt at being relatable or "gritty real".

I thought it was interesting and I enjoyed it but I think I'll probably wait for streaming for part 2 as well

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just realized that the original adaptation came out almost 40 years ago. I saw that in the theater. I feel so old.
I've got a fever! And the only prescription is more Dune!
I know a spice addict when I see one.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Maybe it's not correct to call someone pretentious because any director or writer are in fact pretentious, they all wants to gain some respect and fame, the thing is that if some of them are enough smart to makes something that would be actually good. This dany is not in this cathegory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad