Recalled/Assigned: Duncan Siemens

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He won't play a ton no but no reason to chain him up either, just let him play.

Wonder who he will be paired with? Ummm? Redmond?

Thinking they have to finally split up the Guenin-Barrie pairing since now we need someone on the right side. My personal preference?

Siemens-Barrie
Hejda-Redmond
Holden-Guenin

What I think Roy will go with?

Hejda-Barrie
Holden-Redmond
Siemens-Guenin

Only reason to play him on the top pair is because I'd just give him a big chance. It's his first NHL game and it's also the last game of the year, there's no standings risk at all so give him the ice-time to do something instead of sheltering him.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm hoping he scores 4 goals beating Real Cloutier's franchise and NHL record of 3 goals in his 1st NHL game. (I think that still stands?)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm hoping he scores 4 goals beating Real Cloutier's franchise and NHL record of 3 goals in his 1st NHL game. (I think that still stands?)

Bah Stepan tied it most recently...

GO DUNCAN!!!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
im-ready.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
So happy to see him get the call finally, trading away "Stollery Recalled" definitely allowed this to happen.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's played 13 less games than the always injured Joey Hishon since turning pro. Siemens also had a bit of bad luck with injuries.

member 116861

Hopefully like Hishon he just plays his game. Way too many guys fail because they play it safe when they get to the big leagues. The good news though is that the safe game is kind of what made Siemens successful.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dunk getting a game in the bigs, GoT season premiere this weekend...having successfully not talked to anyone who's already seen it...and my birthday in less than two weeks. Kill the boy Dunk. Kill the boy.

Well, not every guy comes up and plays his best in his first game, so I won't draw too many negative conclusions even if he doesn't impress a lot. Really happy to see him in the NHL though.

I'm mostly curious to see how he adapts/reacts to the NHL level and pace. If he can not get overwhelmed at tracking the action and grows into the game, that's all I need to be happy. Even if he pulls a couple Guenin's against the puck and is nervous with it on his stick. Just need to see that he's reading the action at an NHL and gets more comfy with more time.

Do that, kick ass in camp again, and STAY ********* HEALTHY; and Dunk should be able to start getting time with the Avs as next season progresses.

Uh, what?

*whoosh*

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very happy about this. Hopefully he gets a decent amount of minutes. I'd also like to see him be a pain out there, go after anyone who gets near the crease.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very excited to see him in action. Hopefully this board won't crucify him if he makes a mistake or two.

I hope so too. Because he absolutely will.

I watched the Monsters last game and even Bigras and Geertsen looked better than him. Still good for him to get this experience though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hope so too. Because he absolutely will.

I watched the Monsters last game and even Bigras and Geertsen looked better than him. Still good for him to get this experience though.

Does that say more about Siemens or Bigras/Geertsen?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Does that say more about Siemens or Bigras/Geertsen?

Both.

- Siemens hasn't developed as fast/well as hoped (injuries definitely take part of that blame).

- Bigras/Geertsen have developed extremely well and are showing an ability to adapt quickly to the pro game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad