Player Discussion Duncan Keith

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hes the one being dragged currently this last 4 game stretch. See if he can rectify his game but man is there a lot to be desired.
Yeah.

Keith definitely isnt being dragged around with who his partner is.

His partner is dragging him down.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well yeah, when you remove two young d men who probably shouldn't have been consistent NHLers and replace them with a solid veteran and a future HOFer that shouldn't really surprise anyone. I mean I guess you could argue we lost Larsson, but he was piss poor a lot of his time here as well. Our D did get better, but like I'm sorry, I've watched most of the games this season and Keith has been unnoticeable at best and awful on a lot of nights. I don't really remember ever thinking Keith is having a solid game and have thought that about Ceci multiple times this season. For me he's so overpaid for what he provides and no amount of propaganda is going to convince me otherwise. Holland should have been fired for that deal.
All of his numbers are positive, basic stats, analytically, he's been great. He makes some errors, especially when he gets caught too far up ice, but the team scores more when he's out there than they get scored on. Agree to disagree.

JBear

Mar 26, 2014
All of his numbers are positive, basic stats, analytically, he's been great. He makes some errors, especially when he gets caught too far up ice, but the team scores more when he's out there than they get scored on. Agree to disagree.
I agree. He does get beat sometimes and makes a wrong play but we're not expecting him to be a Hedman or even a Nurse. I think Ceci is having a great year so comparing Keith to him is a good surprise.

Also, I really liked the Nurse Ceci pairing. Thought they played well together.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
His mistakes are glaring and often result in a goal against. That is as obvious as the nose on your face.

Has he been an ok depth defenseman on this team? Yes. His mistakes are offset by his solid if unspectacular play.

He reminds me a lot of Bear.

I hope he can ratchet it up a few notches in the playoffs because it seems we traded away one defenseman prone to big gaffs and just getting beat for another.

Its really difficult to imagine him even managing to play as well as he is in the playoffs.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He has really been not much better than Caleb Jones or Bear and yet he is one player quite responsible for this team being paralzyed at the deadline with draft picks being tied up and his awful contract.

Luckily all the good will Holland has built up by not 'squeezing' other etams will pay of with a nice cheap bottom pair dman I am sure.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
He has really been not much better than Caleb Jones or Bear and yet he is one player quite responsible for this team being paralzyed at the deadline with draft picks being tied up and his awful contract.

Luckily all the good will Holland has built up by not 'squeezing' other etams will pay of with a nice cheap bottom pair dman I am sure.
I will never forgive Holland for not getting Chicago to take at least 25% of contract back. Keith making 2.5 and prolapsing with violent diarrhea once every 20 games or so wouldn't even be an issue.

Like Frick his actually salary was well lower than his cap hit.

Holland is why I hate old people. I have not talked to my parents since summer 2021 because of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
Still like home way more than Drivesatl though. Seriously though as a casual observer of his forum - what's that guys problem?

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016
He still gets by in this league by using his IQ but his skills are so rapidly declining, especially his puck handling, it's so often a grenade on his stick.

Reactions: Broilers

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Not any better then Bear or Jones? Might be one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield

I disagree with that Jones’ ceiling is number 6 d-man

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
1652242613518.png

I found this secret picture of Duncan Keith.

Reactions: Aerchon

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Better que
Horrible trade, horrible player. Anyone who supported this move for one second needs to get an eye evaluation

How do we feel about this now. Keith is clearly worse then both

Better question would be why put Keith out there at the start of OT? He has been good this playoffs, but don't put him in a spot to fail.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
So anyone still want this guy’s “veteran presence” around instead of $9M in cap space?

Yeah there are literally poster here that would rather have Duncan Keith over 9m.

Theyre so oblivious that's the equivalent of saying Duncan Keith is worth a 9m cap hit.

Nothing can convince these people. They unironically went a full 82 game schedule trying to convince themselves he isn't a cap dump and his value wasn't a negative 1st round pick.

Yeah these are the same posters after the first two games of the season "what happened to all the people who'd didn't want Duncan Keith here?"

I'm literally right here. And I realize first twho games of the season are not representative of actual playoff games where he's been awful.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Keith was great for 3 games brutal for 2. Swap him out for any other average top 4 left shot D and the result is the same when you don’t show up for the first period of 5 straight playoff games.

Thinking Keith is solely or even mostly responsible for where we are is lazy and ignorant.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Horrible trade, horrible player. Anyone who supported this move for one second needs to get an eye evaluation

How do we feel about this now. Keith is clearly worse then both

He was caught out on a long shift where the 5 players couldnt get the puck in deep with a chance. No way is that on Keith

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Keith was great for 3 games brutal for 2. Swap him out for any other average top 4 left shot D and the result is the same when you don’t show up for the first period of 5 straight playoff games.

Thinking Keith is solely or even mostly responsible for where we are is lazy and ignorant.
Could’ve spent the assets and cap space on something better.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Have you ever stopped and considered that the reason the team is bad is not b/c of one player being bad but b/c the general manager is really bad and created a really bad roster full of overpaid and/or bad players?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Have you ever stopped and considered that the reason the team is bad is not b/c of one player being bad but b/c the general manager is really bad and created a really bad roster full of overpaid and/or bad players?
The team isn’t bad they simply don’t start games on time. Same problem all season giving up the first goal. When they decide to start playing hockey this team is great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad