Value of: Duncan Keith

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What evidence is there for this? By every metric, advanced or otherwise, Keith is no longer elite or even top pairing quality. His offense sucks, and his defense sucks now and has for a few years. Like I was curious what people were talking about so I looked at different sources and everything points to the fact he is washed.

He doesn't drive play, he doesn't score many points, and he doesn't prevent offense from the other team anymore. Dude is washed
Lol nah brah

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
Would love him on the Rangers. Would start with our 2021 first and Smith (cap dump/1 year remaining). Gives the Blackhawks some immediate salary relief, and a bulk off sooner for flexibility, and then would add players/prospects to even the deal.
Yikes Keith has 3 years but that move sounds like something Rangers would do. Nothing changes overpaying FAs, trading picks and bringing in past prime vets

kooner91

Apr 13, 2014
Not sure about the cap but he would be a perfect fit into the caps top 4 since Orlov can play both sides.

Keith/Dillon-Carlson
Keith/Dillon-orlov

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Where is this evidence he is still any good. Give me some facts here. Every stat I can find paints him as no longer being good. Like dude is old and way out of his prime why do people need to assume he is still good. Hawks defense is a dumpster fire but somehow he gets zero blame for that?
and this, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of someone who doesn't watch the games or have a clue what he is talking about and just runs to box scores and stat crunching

anyone with two eyes and half a brain has seen the garbage system colliton has thrown the D under which is a 180 from what Keith played his entire career, and regardless of that, Keith has been babysitting the likes of Erik gustafsson, adam boqvist, brent seabrook, jordan oesterle, and Jan rutta the last five years

keith has struggled to pick up the man to man coverage as well as he's played zone in the past, but that's mainly because his d partner completely loses his coverage and Keith often get stuck in between trying to clean up his D partners coverage as well as track his own guy back door. try watching a game or two

Reactions: Mrfenn92

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Timonen was a corpse on ice by the time we acquired him.
keith is still eating 25 min games

Hawks stupidly traded for timonen when he hadn't played in like a year and was coming off blood clots in his legs. he's 10x what timonen was when he was traded for

glad the Hawks got him a cup but that was the epitome of a horrid trade based on reputation. keith is still eating major minutes in all situations very well especially considering his D partners the last two years have been rookies

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Trading with Columbus could work. Despite what they’re saying now, Chicago probably wants a goalie for the future.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Trading with Columbus could work. Despite what they’re saying now, Chicago probably wants a goalie for the future.

Not for Columbus.

I'm guessing Edmonton would make a good offer but I don't know if he'd be willing to make the move. Boston sounds like a good bet.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Not for Columbus.

I'm guessing Edmonton would make a good offer but I don't know if he'd be willing to make the move. Boston sounds like a good bet.

Edmonton doesn't have the cap space unless Chicago is taking Neal.

They don't really have the assets to move for him either.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Edmonton doesn't have the cap space unless Chicago is taking Neal.

They don't really have the assets to move for him either.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Keith going for a 1st or Keith for Samurokov. It would have to be a salary neutral trade, of course, but that can be done in 100s of ways not necessarily involving Neal.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Paying assets for 37 year old Keith would be an idiotic thing to do.
Maybe a cap floor team might want Keith? He counts near 5.5 on the cap for three more years, but gets about only 2 per in actual dollars. Plus, he can still actually contribute on the ice.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
He holds disproportionately more worth to the Hawks than another team. Any trade would be severely lopsided.

Very likely he's a Hawk for life and the next number retired (if not Hossa first).
If Hossa is allergic to the jersey they hang, then it’s a no go

hellvetet

Oct 2, 2015
Keith for Skjei with Carolina adding a piece worth around a low 1st/2nd rounder? Like Bokk?

Keith would really balance the structure of Canes dmen imo. They are sorely lacking a good veteran that makes everyone around him better when it matters. Slavin could become that soon but he's not quite there yet.

Canes are closer to competing and they get better in the short term without losing many futures. Chicago gets a solid, albeit worse, replacement who still has room to grow along with a good future piece.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He holds disproportionately more worth to the Hawks than another team. Any trade would be severely lopsided.

Very likely he's a Hawk for life and the next number retired (if not Hossa first).
Well...I would have thought the same about Crawford but here we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad