Injury Report: Duncan Keith

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I dunno watching that short vid - looks like he's still not going full strides and even hitching them a bit.
All jocks want back asap we know but I hope "Gapper" & the team doc FORCE Duncs to wait til not just 100% but 110%.

Keith's wheels have A LOT of miles on them, we all know that.
I'll trade another week - or even longer - make absolutely sure than risk an even longer term setback.
(See daHaan, Calvin.)

Still, know too, during that time frame, the Hawks' season might be de facto over, too. No easy call, but I'm siding on caution - and Keeth being ready for the long haul (Call me goofy, I'm still thinking playoffs.)
Signed,
Goofy

Reactions: coolhand

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
They will get nothing of consequence for Gus.

I mean he's not Taylor Hall. I think people should expect something, but Gus is on an expiring contract and is a player with clear faults. He won't get a haul.

If the Hawks could take salary back enabling the other team to make other trades it would be one thing but they probably won't.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I mean he's not Taylor Hall. I think people should expect something, but Gus is on an expiring contract and is a player with clear faults. He won't get a haul.

If the Hawks could take salary back enabling the other team to make other trades it would be one thing but they probably won't.
i just don't know about Gus and his trade..... is there a possibility of him being traded, yeah but i agree of his value. i just think that he will not bring back a lot.

he imho should've been trade last off season when he would or could've bring in a decent rtn.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
since this is somewhat of a wasted season. i would still keep keith out until the xmas holidays are over...... unless the Bhawks pulls off a string of wins.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I dunno watching that short vid - looks like he's still not going full strides and even hitching them a bit.
All jocks want back asap we know but I hope "Gapper" & the team doc FORCE Duncs to wait til not just 100% but 110%.

Keith's wheels have A LOT of miles on them, we all know that.
I'll trade another week - or even longer - make absolutely sure than risk an even longer term setback.
(See daHaan, Calvin.)

Still, know too, during that time frame, the Hawks' season might be de facto over, too. No easy call, but I'm siding on caution - and Keeth being ready for the long haul (Call me goofy, I'm still thinking playoffs.)
Signed,
Goofy
I agree, keep him out. I might think differently if it was March and we were in the playoff hunt. But even then, a bad groin is huge for a hockey player and needs to be 100% before getting back in the line up full time.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
After last season I thought he was an OK skater, but this year he looks slow and awkward

Yeah, everything has deteriorated. He was given a tremendous amount of freedom last year. One of the takeaways for me is there is a reason elite level defensemen like Karlsson and Burns are given that freedom. They have/had the skill set and IQ to succeed with it year to year within the framework of a winning team.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Last season was a case of “Someone has to score on a bad team.”

I was wrong about Gus being good, lesson learned. Just hope that saying doesn’t extend to some of the other players on the team.
and that is the reason why, i suspect that Gus wasn't traded during the offseason. however i can understand why they didn't trade him. i on the other hand would have traded him ..... but that is me.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If only we had one of those guys in RFD.

No, as difficult as it is to say. Gus is in the line-up until he is dealt.
or until the season ends. both situation is not a pleasant thing to think about.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah, everything has deteriorated. He was given a tremendous amount of freedom last year. One of the takeaways for me is there is a reason elite level defensemen like Karlsson and Burns are given that freedom. They have/had the skill set and IQ to succeed with it year to year within the framework of a winning team.
you know i have been wondering if Gus didn't do any work what so ever after last season..... you know, how in the off season players work out ??

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
and that is the reason why, i suspect that Gus wasn't traded during the offseason. however i can understand why they didn't trade him. i on the other hand would have traded him ..... but that is me.

Right. Obviously the professional scouts have the eye to see players for what they are. Maybe they advised their organizations not to pay too much for Gus or not even inquire.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Right. Obviously the professional scouts have the eye to see players for what they are. Maybe they advised their organizations not to pay too much for Gus or not even inquire.
but the problem is, did Gus continue to work on his basic skills in the off season ??

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
but the problem is, did Gus continue to work on his basic skills in the off season ??

Well, we don’t know. The guy had made next to nothing in relative terms and was headed toward unrestricted free agency.

I mean, logically, it seems like he would spend the entire summer somewhere up in the mountains on a boot camp style training regimen. Obviously, if he did that, it doesn’t show, but if I’m guessing, I’d guess he put the time in.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Gus has oodles of skill, with very little hockey sense. He just can't think the game.
while i truly agree with what you wrote, i however see Gus make shitty defensive mistakes. to me, you can say it is between the ears, i will say it just can't play defense......

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Maybe they should try Gus as a winger? At least to see if he would be a decent forward with an offensive threat to score more goals. Of course he would have to be on a line with at least one defensive minded forward.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
while i truly agree with what you wrote, i however see Gus make ****ty defensive mistakes. to me, you can say it is between the ears, i will say it just can't play defense......

We have seen hm make really good defensive plays in the past so it has nothing to do with anything other than him being bad mentally (defensive side of the puck).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
We have seen hm make really good defensive plays in the past so it has nothing to do with anything other than him being bad mentally (defensive side of the puck).
with that, i will honestly say i stand corrected and i was wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad