Injury Report: Duncan Keith

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Looks like Keith has been playing through it for a while.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...jury-will-test-blackhawks-depth-and-character

It sounds like it's an injury Keith has been dealing with for some time, which head coach Jeremy Colliton indicated has been a reason for Keith's recent maintenance days from practice.
"Obviously we try to take care of it and at some point he just felt he couldn't play," Colliton said. "He's been playing a lot and it's a heavy schedule, so we've been trying to give him off days and optionals and what not. I'm not sure how serious it is... I'm not even sure exactly what the end diagnosis is going to be."

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I get that theres a sense of pride for Keith to keep going out and playing hard each night, but if this injury has been a problem for a while, it should've been taken more seriously to avoid a greater problem.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I get that theres a sense of pride for Keith to keep going out and playing hard each night, but if this injury has been a problem for a while, it should've been taken more seriously to avoid a greater problem.
Keith is older, if he needs to take 3-4 weeks off, so be it. It's not like the Hawks are going anywhere this year anyway.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
if keith injury been there for a while, this will show what kind of player he is, battling thru his injury to play.

future HOF.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Duncan Keith is the ultimate competitor. From what I understand, he needed elbow surgery for years, but kept putting it off because he wanted to be on the ice for his team. This does not surprise me. Stubborn? Absolutely. But it shouldn't surprise anyone.

It's also pretty amazing how well he has played, if he's had this groin injury for a while.... Shocking, actually.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Duncan Keith is the ultimate competitor. From what I understand, he needed elbow surgery for years, but kept putting it
off because he wanted to be on the ice for his team. This does not surprise me. Stubborn? Absolutely. But it shouldn't surprise anyone.

It's also pretty amazing how well he has played, if he's had this groin injury for a while.... Shocking, actually.

He's a damn warrior. Hopefully now he'll let the injury heal fully. Regardless of how the hawks play.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wanted to give it some time, but I'm pretty confident this injury will tank the team's season. Even if it's just a month. We are going to see a lot more blowouts. This team now has absolutely nobody to look up to when it comes to playing 200 foot hockey, and working hard in the defensive zone. Nobody.

Say what you will about Keith's decline(and that's massively overblown IMO, considering this was obviously a serious groin injury, and he was playing through it....) but he ALWAYS works his balls off in the defensive zone. Always. RIP 2019-2020 season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I wanted to give it some time, but I'm pretty confident this injury will tank the team's season. Even if it's just a month. We are going to see a lot more blowouts. This team now has absolutely nobody to look up to when it comes to playing 200 foot hockey, and working hard in the defensive zone. Nobody.

Say what you will about Keith's decline(and that's massively overblown IMO, considering this was obviously a serious groin injury, and he was playing through it....) but he ALWAYS works his balls off in the defensive zone. Always. RIP 2019-2020 season.
sad thing is, the Bhawks do not have a replacement in the system to bail out this team. the prospects are nothing like, what keith bring to the table. yet the almighty fo started to fix this team when ??

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Exactly. Keith gets no respect from some folks here - unfortunately, it's times like these (Keith plays through many injuries I reckon hence we know this injury is serious enough) when these same folks realize how important he still is on Chicago's blue line.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

giphy.gif

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The Keith loss is big for the minutes he eats up and the speed he brings.

The Shaw loss is whatever. One less dumb penalty each game.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just an FYI for everyone, the Hawks retroactively putting Keith and Shaw on IR means nothing. Keith has missed enough time that he could return tonight if he was up for it. Shaw can return after tonight. Those two on IR simply allows the Hawks to be able to have more guys on the roster if need be.
So any idea how long Keith will be out for??
No idea, but seeing how he's not on LTIR right now, hopefully not too much longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->