Value of: Dumpster Diving / Scrap Heap / Free To A Good Home

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Filppula is a guy who is available. We would probably retain salary but if you need a solid shut down center he is your guy.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Some of these players ha a decent trade value and won't be "given away" for free.

Smith
Emelin
Wingels
Stafford
Filppula

To name a few.

Add Lehtera to that list

Who would pay much for Lehtera? He had 34 points playing primarily with a 70 and 60 point wingers. He is awful on defense and needs to be sheltered. He makes $4.7M AAV. I hesitated to suggest him for this thread, not because he had value, but because he is close to a cap dump. I am afraid, we'd have to pay someone to take him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Gregory Campbell ought to be. The fanbase would also like Dalton Prout to be on the list, but that seems unlikely. And of course anyone who wants to take Clarkson is welcome to him. :)

Contrary to popular belief, Hartnell is NOT on the list.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Who would pay much for Lehtera? He had 34 points playing primarily with a 70 and 60 point wingers. He is awful on defense and needs to be sheltered. He makes $4.7M AAV. I hesitated to suggest him for this thread, not because he had value, but because he is close to a cap dump. I am afraid, we'd have to pay someone to take him.

There is no doubt he is over payed,most definitely. However I just felt like he had more value than the other names on this list, sans a few others that had already been pointed out. Honestly I thought he was younger than 28 and also paid less. Now that I have more info, it definitely looks like a worse situation.

I remember last year such a great start for him with Tarasenko and Schwartz. Shame he fell off towards the end of last season and then this previous season didn't even get 10 goals. Also Schwartz being hurt this last season. Why don't they play Stastny with Tarasenko I wonder.

Definitely going to be a problem moving him and I guess if they could have, they probably would have. Then trade Shatty for a legit center

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Some of these players ha a decent trade value and won't be "given away" for free.

Smith
Emelin
Wingels
Stafford
Filppula

To name a few.

Add Dillon to that list too. Dillon has a fair amount of value, but is pretty dispensable to us at the moment. Him still being on the team + the Schlemko signing means that there is no room to play the guy who played exceedingly well for us as the 3rd pairing RD (Dylan DeMelo) last year until we acquired Polak. Since the general opinion of Sharks fans here on HF is that DeMelo is better than Dillon right now, we'd be quite happy to see Dillon moved out to make room for DeMelo to keep developing at the NHL level.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Add Dillon to that list too. Dillon has a fair amount of value, but is pretty dispensable to us at the moment. Him still being on the team + the Schlemko signing means that there is no room to play the guy who played exceedingly well for us as the 3rd pairing RD (Dylan DeMelo) last year until we acquired Polak. Since the general opinion of Sharks fans here on HF is that DeMelo is better than Dillon right now, we'd be quite happy to see Dillon moved out to make room for DeMelo to keep developing at the NHL level.

Also, missed him. Good call. I can see Boston being interested in him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Echoing other Lightning posters: Filppula is overpaid and I wouldn't mind seeing us retain 1m on him (perhaps even including a pick swap e.g. Flip+2nd for something <2nd).

I don't mind Callahan returning, but failing a move of Filppula he could be moved as well.

PartyatMarios

Jul 2, 2010
to good home:

Our "Joffrey" is an occasionally healthy, senior fella who has had all his shots and has been "fixed" numerous times for a host of ailments. As an older boy, he'll help keep the pups in line when not visiting the trainer. Ideally, you'll provide a safe place for him to play as he enters the twilight of his career. He likes regular grooming, and lots of time away from the rest of the pack to lick his many wounds. Joffrey is friendly, outgoing and social-media-savvy.
Adoption fee: 5.25 million for two years.

"Milan" came to us last season. Once a prominent piece in Ottawa, he became a stray when the team moved in a younger direction. He was acquired in a package in exchange for "Dion", an aggressive, larger male who did well at Babcock's obedience school before finding his forever home.
While a bit timid, this senior fella still remembers a few tricks, and with a relatively low one-time adoption fee of just 4 million, he's yours for a box of milk-bones.

We also have a "Jared", who is an extra large breed, but his hip problems make him unsuitable for adoption.

Unfortunately, "Robidas", who has been in our care for a number of years, hasn't responded well to treatment and is scheduled to be euthanized. Donations are gladly accepted, to be redistributed to the NHLPA pension plan.

this might be my favorite post of all-time

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Desharnais needs to only pickup few more points and he is a tradable rental at the TDL in feb. 3.5mil cap for 35point mid6 center going UFA.

Sounds about 4th pick at the TDL.

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
Peter Holland
Jonathan Bernier
Milan Michalek

Bernier's been traded, I imagine for a conditional 5th, not surprised although would have been happy keeping him as the backup. I don't see Toronto dumping Holland for nothing, he's a solid NHLer and I'd want an asset coming back. Michalek is difficult due to him being prone to injury. I don't see a reason to sell low on him by giving him away, would rather wait and see if he can recover this season and show he is still a solid top 9 winger who can put up some solid point totals.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
to good home:

Our "Joffrey" is an occasionally healthy, senior fella who has had all his shots and has been "fixed" numerous times for a host of ailments. As an older boy, he'll help keep the pups in line when not visiting the trainer. Ideally, you'll provide a safe place for him to play as he enters the twilight of his career. He likes regular grooming, and lots of time away from the rest of the pack to lick his many wounds. Joffrey is friendly, outgoing and social-media-savvy.
Adoption fee: 5.25 million for two years.

"Milan" came to us last season. Once a prominent piece in Ottawa, he became a stray when the team moved in a younger direction. He was acquired in a package in exchange for "Dion", an aggressive, larger male who did well at Babcock's obedience school before finding his forever home.
While a bit timid, this senior fella still remembers a few tricks, and with a relatively low one-time adoption fee of just 4 million, he's yours for a box of milk-bones.

We also have a "Jared", who is an extra large breed, but his hip problems make him unsuitable for adoption.

Unfortunately, "Robidas", who has been in our care for a number of years, hasn't responded well to treatment and is scheduled to be euthanized. Donations are gladly accepted, to be redistributed to the NHLPA pension plan.
That's some good stuff right there...I would think this would even get Lou Lam to smile!!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wingels
Dillon

Can both contribute on squads in the NHL, and on the Sharks even, but should be moved.
They should both be moved but I don't think they really qualify for these kind of deals unless we run into cap problems. They both could easily return at least 2nds

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
Jarome Iginla isn't a cap dump or anything (he was 6th in the league in PP goals last season) but at this point he's too slow and doesn't fit in with our younger players. I think most Avs fans wouldn't be opposed to just giving him away and giving his roster spot to someone younger like Rantanen or Compher. Of course, complete NTC makes that hard up until the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad