Value of: Dump Your Salary in Montreal

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Crawford, Seabrook, Anisimov and many picks for Weber, Price and Pacioretty. Dump both ways.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
For Marner?

For the first time in forever you guys have no truly bad contracts. Zaitsev maybe but its only 4 million. Only one that may bite is Marleau next year but its only 1 year. Definitely nothing LT and bad.

lets meet in the middle.

1st + carrick

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Add your next 4 1st round picks and you have a deal.
I was thinking Beaudin, next year's 1st and a 2nd.

Weber is damaged goods. And I think he hates playing in Montreal Seabrook is an albatross. •Maybe buy him out. Let Juulsen play top 4 on a rebuild. Price for Crawford is almost even. 2nd is the add.

Pacioretty for Beaudin, 1st and Anisimov.

Another pick/prospect for Weber>Seabrook, but not a 1st.

If you could get two 1sts and Beaudin, that's assets to rebuild with.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Honestly, I'm just disheartened by this kid. He doesn't seem to get that he has to work and thinks that he deserves to automatically play in the NHL. I'd rather get a player like Shaw who plays both ways, wins draws, knows how to win and all the while get rid of Berglund who I don't want on the Sabres.

Shaw might not be the Shaw you think Shaw is.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Lucic is the only long-term cap dump I'd be ready to even think about touching. 5-years is a long time, but if the plan is taking hard, we probably won't be competitive before 2020-21, when guys Kotkaniemi, Poehling and our next two (or more) 1st round picks are going to be on the team, on ELCs...so it might not hurt as that badly.

That being said, I would expect more than just a 1st to take on his contract, considering we just got Armia, a 4th and a 7th for 1-year of Mason at $4.1m.

Armia was a bit of a dump as well - he was due for a raise and was taking up a spot that younger, cheaper players could fill.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
$2.5 million doable if we add a sweetener? Cap is going up by a bit in the next 3-5years.

Ya I'd do 2 million but add to get it to $8million final.

I'd gladly give a 2019 1st, Heponiemi + Reimer + McGinn.
Add a 2020 2nd + Petrovic or McCoshen to add some more retention.

Just to see Luongo back up Price and hopefully get a ring for Lu before he retires.

You would do this *before* seeing if Price can bounce back? VERY risky.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
What is more likely though?
Price bouncing back with a good team in front of him or another outlier year in front of a dumpster fire?

After multiple injuries, the Price we saw in 2017-18 may be closer to what he is going forward than the God-mode Price from a few years ago.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
After multiple injuries, the Price we saw in 2017-18 may be closer to what he is going forward than the God-mode Price from a few years ago.

We would still have Luongo for this year and possibly next year to take the heat off Price if he needs rest. He's probably not going to play 65+ games anymore but I'd still take the risk he bounces back and can maintain an above average numbers for the next 5-6 years.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
We would still have Luongo for this year and possibly next year to take the heat off Price if he needs rest. He's probably not going to play 65+ games anymore but I'd still take the risk he bounces back and can maintain an above average numbers for the next 5-6 years.

Lu is almost 40 and has also recently battled injuries.

Relying on Price at $10.5 million/year x 8 years to bounce back after multiple injuries and expecting Lu to reliably back him up may be a recipe for disaster.

Of course, if you could guarantee that Price could play like God-mode Price for the next 5 or 6 years then even his monstrous contract is worth trading a ton of assets for.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We'll give you a third round pick to take David Clarkson's contract. As well as a tall Vegas style plastic Eifel Tower filled with booze.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad