Value of: Dump Your Salary in Montreal

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I understand both points mentioned. You guys are in the worst place though, not a contender and not a bottom feeder if Price plays to his abilities.

So are you magically going to make the playoffs this year, I'd strongly bet NO.
Are you bad enough to finish bottom 5 again? POSSIBLY.

Price, if moved would signal a total tear down and I think that is the smart way to go, whether Molson or Bergevin realize this, is the question that needs to be answered.

I think you guys are a bit further away than a 1-2 year retool, it may take 2 years to stock the cupboards but then you have to wait for those kids to get experience and become prime aged impact players. I'd say you won't be competitive for at least 3-4 years and by then, Price is nearing 34-35 years of age.

I agree with pretty much all of that.

I just think both Bergevin and Molson are hoping for us to lose every single game 1-0, with Price getting 30-35 shots a night. Now personally, it's a gamble I wouldn't take, and I would trade Price right away. But I don't see Molson doing it. Hell, I'm not even sure they're looking for futures and picks in return of Pacioretty - which is exactly what this team needs - who the common fans don't care nearly as much for compared to Carey.

Armia was a bit of a dump as well - he was due for a raise and was taking up a spot that younger, cheaper players could fill.
Armia wasn't a cap dump.

I understand that he's a 25-year old RFA, looking for a raise after his best season to date...but he's no cap dump.
I'm sure Cheveldayoff would've been happier not include him in the deal, and just get rid of Mason for a 4th and a 7th...don't you think ?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad