Confirmed with Link: Dumont and Ellis re-signed (1 year, two-way)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think Dumont wasn't planned to be re-sign but maybe after talking to all the other players to be signed, Bergevin wanted a cheap 4th centre signed in case Mitchell will not be retained. I mean 575,000 is ideal for our cap 'problems'.

Negociations with Bournival are ongoing too and I think he will fight for a one way but will be getting a 2-way like Dumont.

I don't think he's in the plans for 4th line. They signed him for leadership in St.Johns. If they thought he was an AHL he would have been the RH guy instead of Flynn and Mitchel on the bottom 6.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Icecaps retain their Captain, Dumont has always been their hardest working player since joining the Bulldogs. Ellis(RD) will finally get some quality icetime, with Beaulieu(LD), Pateryn(RD) & Tinordi(LD) moving up to the NHL. That's if Thrower(RD) doesn't outplay him, which could happen if Dalton is healthy, or Darren Deitz(RD) teammates in Saskatoon with Thrower, both were PMD's with physicality to their games, which is the calling card of Morgan Ellis as well.:nod:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Thrower will probably be in the ECHL. Lernout is ahead of him on the RHD depth chart now.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I know, just find it dumb that people bring up Petry...like an NHL GM can only negotiate with one player at a time...jesus!

Not to mention that negotiations with guys like Dumont and Ellis probably took about 5 minutes of Bergevin's time.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
With the backlog in the AHL gone, as long as he can stay healthy, Thrower should be in the AHL.

Wasn't a backlog. Thrower was in the ECHL because he wasn't good. He wasn't good in the ECHL either. He'll stay in the ECHL until he proves he's AHL caliber.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Wasn't a backlog. Thrower was in the ECHL because he wasn't good. He wasn't good in the ECHL either. He'll stay in the ECHL until he proves he's AHL caliber.

Hes always been good. But he had been coming off a couple of bad injuries, it takes some time to find your groove after that, especially playing in the AHL on a regular basis for the first time. You're too harsh on the kid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thrower will probably be in the ECHL. Lernout is ahead of him on the RHD depth chart now.

Lernout might be ahead of him but that doesn't mean Thrower won't be in the AHL next year. We just have to see how they look at camp and what other roster moves are made cause for now they will need more defensemen.

Thrower was in the ECHL because he got injured at the end of his junior career, thus meaning he couldn't do full off-season training along with no camp or preseason. Then he missed the first half of the season so players were way ahead of him in terms of conditioning and game play. He's healthy now so hopefully he can come into camp and show something as we just don't know what he can do since it's not fair to judge him based off last season where he had a major injury since March.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't think he's in the plans for 4th line. They signed him for leadership in St.Johns. If they thought he was an AHL he would have been the RH guy instead of Flynn and Mitchel on the bottom 6.

We will see but I think Dumont is on the 4th line if Mitchell askes for more than 1M per. We don't have much cap space left and 500K in cap space is a lot.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Teams need players to play in the AHL. That's all this is. Their are no plans to give either of these 2 a lick of NHL time.

As the saying goes, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't and a 1-year, 2-way deal is not a ringing endorsement.....

They couldn't have found deals for better money in Europe?...nothing..? They picked St-John's, NFLD?....I don't think they had a choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad