Confirmed with Link: Dumont and Ellis re-signed (1 year, two-way)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm happy with that. Dumont is an hard working homegrown leader and Ellis had a great second half after falling through a cliff.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I hope Ellis can elevate his game to be a regular NHL call up.

Dumont is good AHL depth.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ellis definitely had a good enough resurgence to earn a 1 year deal.

Oct 22, 2012
Ellis definitely had a good enough resurgence to earn a 1 year deal.

Met Ellis this past weekend, really cool guy. He obviously wants to make the leap, but he sounded happy to be playing in St. Johns talking about how the fans were awesome when they played against the ice caps. Maybe a comment or two about George street :p

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Yep.

When do they come out BTW ?

Thing is with the cap, it depends on the Candian dollar and if the NHLPA is willing to use the escalator (again?). So all the numbers that are thrown around are projections, since the cap depends on a daily changing factor and another one that could be thrown out the window with a vote.
Doing some digging, i also found this

Jason Brough ‏@JasonPHT Jan 21
Loonie down to around $0.81 today. At what point does next season's salary cap estimate get adjusted downward?

Chris JohnstonVerified account
‏@reporterchris
@JasonPHT Now. League assured governors it won't go below $71M because of business already done at higher exchange rate + TV money.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In theory, they'll count for zero against the cap...

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
As a Habs fan, I'm happy to see Dumont back. He's dedicated to the team. I think he's being very nice to the Habs org by staying, if I were him I probably would've went to Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad