Confirmed with Link: Dumont and Ellis re-signed (1 year, two-way)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Good depth signings. We do have confirmation that Bergevin is working. ;)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You know things are weak on the farm when people are complimenting AHL depth signings....

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Ellis is still a long shot to make the NHL, i am nlt sure what the pointvof dumont is.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I think Dumont wasn't planned to be re-sign but maybe after talking to all the other players to be signed, Bergevin wanted a cheap 4th centre signed in case Mitchell will not be retained. I mean 575,000 is ideal for our cap 'problems'.

Negociations with Bournival are ongoing too and I think he will fight for a one way but will be getting a 2-way like Dumont.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think Dumont wasn't planned to be re-sign but maybe after talking to all the other players to be signed, Bergevin wanted a cheap 4th centre signed in case Mitchell will not be retained. I mean 575,000 is ideal for our cap 'problems'.

Negociations with Bournival are ongoing too and I think he will fight for a one way but will be getting a 2-way like Dumont.

What? No... Dumont at this point in time is an AHLer and pure depth. If Mitchell isn't re-signed, MB will just fish another bargain fourth line center from the free agent market. Bournival has not played center since I can't remember.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
What? No... Dumont at this point in time is an AHLer and pure depth. If Mitchell isn't re-signed, MB will just fish another bargain fourth line center from the free agent market. Bournival has not played center since I can't remember.

He's just insurance in case. Bournival will not play center but with the season he just had, it will be a 2 way. I still think he has a future with us.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If we get rid of DD I'd have zero issue with Dumont as 4th line center.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
:laugh::laugh:

Should have been clearer.
Going forward, is there really a big difference between Dumont and Mitchell?

Similar players (RHC, responsible, energy, good on draws) but Mitchell has proven himself to be more effective in this role.

Dumont is the captain of the Dogs and would make a good 12/13th forward on a call up.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As annoyed as I am with MB right now, he still had to do the regular stuff so that 2 years from now we don't have a thread about how we completely ruined the organization by not taking care of these easy simple signings. Personally I like those players. Glad that they were re-signed.

I also think Dumont would make a find 4C with the rest of the lineup in shape.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad