Value of: Dumba to Toronto

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He has. He’s also a legit top 4 shutdown D. Something the Leafs lack desperately.

I don’t know why soo many Leafs fans scoff at moving Nylander and expect a kings ransom for him. Getting Brodin and a player like Marcus Foligno would balance the roster, address team needs and be a better usage of cap.
I mean there is a good chance Brodin will make more than Nylander in 2 seasons so I wouldnt exactly say it is a good usage of the cap. It likely puts the leafs in a far worse cap situation or they traded Nylander for 2 years of Brodin which is even worse.

As others have said he hasnt played RD much for the last 4-5 years and Babcock loathes playing defenders on their wrong side. Brodin just isnt a good fit.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin is actually a fairly good fit. He is an excellent defender with decent size who is a superb skater. He played RD with Suter in his first couple of years in the league, and nobody was complaining about his play.

He would be much less expensive than Barrie or Dumba to re-sign.

A guy like Larsson might be more what the Leafs are looking for because of handedness. More physical, but doesn't have nearly the feet that Brodin does.

Brodin would be easy to trade....plenty of teams want what he has. I just don't get the point. He is not going to get a legit first liner back, and we don't need more support players.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I mean there is a good chance Brodin will make more than Nylander in 2 seasons so I wouldnt exactly say it is a good usage of the cap. It likely puts the leafs in a far worse cap situation or they traded Nylander for 2 years of Brodin which is even worse.

As others have said he hasnt played RD much for the last 4-5 years and Babcock loathes playing defenders on their wrong side. Brodin just isnt a good fit.

I really don't think there is.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Marner for Dumba as a base is interesting.

Seems like an overpay, but when you consider Dumba vs Marner's contract situations and the Wild's need for a star forward, it's not crazy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Marner for Dumba as a base is interesting.

Seems like an overpay, but when you consider Dumba vs Marner's contract situations and the Wild's need for a star forward, it's not crazy.

I'm a pretty big Dumba fan, but I'm shocked that people are saying things like this. The contract situation is really that off-putting?

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wild fans are falling into the trap that lots of folks do when their team is considering a rebuild.

Other teams are not going to trade you bulechip young roster players for your vets (even good ones). The teams interested in your assets are looking to "win now"and so if they opt to move Brodin expect picks and prospects

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sold fans are falling into the trap that lots of folks do when their team is considering a rebuild.

Other teams are not going to trade you bulechip young roster players for your vets (even good ones). The teams interested in your assets are looking to "win now"and so if they opt to move Brodin expect picks and prospects

The Wild also aren’t in a rebuild, and likely aren’t trading players like Zucker, Brodin and Dumba unless it’s specifically for younger roster players with potential to be better, or similar roster players at positions of need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad