Value of: Dumba to Toronto

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Marner not listed here has me curious.

Id call Marner untouchable but then Id get criticized by people saying "so you want a great player but youre not willing to give up anything great" or along those lines.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Perhaps some Wild fans could chime in on this, but hasn't Brodin spent a lot of time on the right side?

He has. He’s also a legit top 4 shutdown D. Something the Leafs lack desperately.

I don’t know why soo many Leafs fans scoff at moving Nylander and expect a kings ransom for him. Getting Brodin and a player like Marcus Foligno would balance the roster, address team needs and be a better usage of cap.

Reactions: Joel Ward

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Perhaps some Wild fans could chime in on this, but hasn't Brodin spent a lot of time on the right side?
Brodin has indeed. Doesn't need to anymore with both Dumba and Spurgeon locking down the right side, but he still moves to the right if one of those two are injured from time to time.

Reactions: Joel Ward

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Marner not listed here has me curious.
There’s a significant segment of leafs fans that don’t deserve having Marner on their team as they show a lack of appreciation and a downright disrespect toward him for what he he does for them.

For a large number of their fans, Marner would have to do 10x as much for 10x as long as Matthews to get even a fraction of the praise they so easily hand Matthews.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There’s a significant segment of leafs fans that don’t deserve having Marner on their team as they show a lack of appreciation and a downright disrespect toward him for what he he does for them.

For a large number of their fans, Marner would have to do 10x as much for 10x as long as Matthews to get even a fraction of the praise they so easily hand Matthews.
tenor.gif

I didn't realize if you're upset at a player for comportment during contract negotiations, you don't deserve to have that player on your team, but my world isn't all that dramatic.

Reactions: FatGiraffe

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Minnesota needs a franchise forward... So, are you giving up Marner or Matthews? If not, they aren't gonna go for it.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
tenor.gif

I didn't realize if you're upset at a player for comportment during contract negotiations, you don't deserve to have that player on your team, but my world isn't all that dramatic.
It was the case even before the contract issues came up. Marner has been their best, most important and influential player for close to 18 months now and many just won’t give him his due.

Even with the contract demands in mind, it was completely baseless that most lead fans would accept what Matthews would ask for, but nor accept Marner as being comparable in deserved salary when he’s been better, more consistent and more dependable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, Brodin and Dumba are the players that the Wild are LEAST likely to move, due to age.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He has. He’s also a legit top 4 shutdown D. Something the Leafs lack desperately.

I don’t know why soo many Leafs fans scoff at moving Nylander and expect a kings ransom for him. Getting Brodin and a player like Marcus Foligno would balance the roster, address team needs and be a better usage of cap.

Few fans actually want to move Nylander because generally speaking teams aren't willing to move a player as young as he is, with that type of skill level.

And if they were to move him.it would be for someone closer to his age and higher skill level than Brodin.

Do note the Leafs were recently able to bring in Muzzin and Barrie without g giving up an asset on Nylanders level. Which is why Brodin certainly isnt going to be the guy to change that.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Kadri got Barrie + Kerfoot. Youre suggesting a worse defensemen and a 4th line cap dump is worth a better player in Nylander? Nylander is worth more than that. Id want something like Manson + Kase

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Kadri got Barrie + Kerfoot. Youre suggesting a worse defensemen and a 4th line cap dump is worth a better player in Nylander? Nylander is worth more than that. Id want something like Manson + Kase

Barrie is an pending UFA if he had term you wouldn’t have gotten him.

Manson is a legit top pairing shutdown guy and Kase is looking like a legit top line winger albeit an injury prone one. Of course you’d want that, you’d never get it though

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
At 11M a year for Marner there certainly wouldn’t be a + on Dumba.
Yea there'd be a significant plus on Dumba for a 90pt 22 year old scoring star like Dumba no matter what Marner's contract is. Minnasota would pay that contract happily.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->