Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
not that i want the rangers to move krider .
How bout krider and anderson for Galch and dumba,
for some reason i see galch game reigniting kappo.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
#C is a lot more valuble than a top-4 defenceman. There is zero chance they get what they ask, unless said center is 30+.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Well then no 1C for the Wild. Time to blow it up anyway that roster is going nowhere.
Again, firstly there is no blowing up a roster with Parise, Suter, and Zucc on the contracts they are.

Next, they have an elite defense core. If they can somehow move a D to a team who is desperate, or just straight up stupid, for a #1 or someone who is young and projecting to be, they will, and they will still have a great D core with a good D prospect group.

Fiala, Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, JEE, these are young players that will be the future, but they need oh so desperately that #1 C and they are going to fish for that one bass that just gets too greedy for his playoff run and sends the Wild something around the likes of a 1C project.

....or they won't and the Wild will still have these guys, two guys other teams do in fact really covet.

Or, they will send the Wild enough other pieces (say a 1st, a 3rd and a high end prospect that is a C) for the Wild to say OK that's a good return, especially if that prospect is truly elite.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
No team will trade their #1 center away. Maybe both those guys could fetch a prospect who could become a #1 center down the road. Players like Hayton, Newhook, Glass, etc. But then you have the cap to deal with.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
No team will trade their #1 center away. Maybe both those guys could fetch a prospect who could become a #1 center down the road. Players like Hayton, Newhook, Glass, etc. But then you have the cap to deal with.

Wild dont have to trade them. Some of you are failing to realize teams get desperate! Dumba & brodin have terms going into next year and more. Wild could wait

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Again, firstly there is no blowing up a roster with Parise, Suter, and Zucc on the contracts they are.

Next, they have an elite defense core. If they can somehow move a D to a team who is desperate, or just straight up stupid, for a #1 or someone who is young and projecting to be, they will, and they will still have a great D core with a good D prospect group.

Fiala, Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, JEE, these are young players that will be the future, but they need oh so desperately that #1 C and they are going to fish for that one bass that just gets too greedy for his playoff run and sends the Wild something around the likes of a 1C project.

....or they won't and the Wild will still have these guys, two guys other teams do in fact really covet.

Or, they will send the Wild enough other pieces (say a 1st, a 3rd and a high end prospect that is a C) for the Wild to say OK that's a good return, especially if that prospect is truly elite.

It's a risk. They don't have to move them now, and that's a good thing to make a decisive action if they're serious about it. But this asking for overpayment isn't productive, you just say they're unavailable. You already assume everyone is for overpayment.

Brodin will not have the same value next season, and Dumba would have to have a bounce back season or else his value will be in the good 3C range. If he does, then they have an asset that would be coveted, not 1C coveted but valuable.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
It's a risk. They don't have to move them now, and that's a good thing to make a decisive action if they're serious about it. But this asking for overpayment isn't productive, you just say they're unavailable. You already assume everyone is for overpayment.

Brodin will not have the same value next season, and Dumba would have to have a bounce back season or else his value will be in the good 3C range. If he does, then they have an asset that would be coveted, not 1C coveted but valuable.
All of that is true, my dude. The thing is is that the Wild should as much resign Brodin as trade him.

It's a funny situation to be in for Wild fans. From what I gather, most of us are somewhat laid back about trading or keeping Dumba and Brodin. I'm not sure we are adamant about doing one or the other. Both work (in the case of a trade, the return is key, and in the case of resigning, that money must be ok).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Your roof needs repairs that prove difficult to afford. Do you...

c.) burn your house down and try to collect the insurance money.

Then you realize there are actually people out there who do this and it’s not as funny because those same people could very well be on HF.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
A 1C for Jonas Brodin..

200.gif

Reactions: Chompchompr

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
All of that is true, my dude. The thing is is that the Wild should as much resign Brodin as trade him.

It's a funny situation to be in for Wild fans. From what I gather, most of us are somewhat laid back about trading or keeping Dumba and Brodin. I'm not sure we are adamant about doing one or the other. Both work (in the case of a trade, the return is key, and in the case of resigning, that money must be ok).

I think the Wild could be well placed. I don't know if the Wild need to worry about elite centers so much if they have elite wingers in the future. I used to value centers way more than wingers but there are great two way wingers and line driving playmaking wingers that can make average centers look very good. Depth also helps if you don't have elite centers.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad