Who Are The Worst Playoff Performers Of All Time?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Stamkos in this generation, versus expectation and skill level. Thornton and the Sedins, and Marleau did little for me in the previous generation (if one separates these). Bobrovsky was awful outside of that 2019 series, but there's potential that he's turning that around late in his career on a team that can play D (this year and last, of course).

Marcel Dionne, on his one line team, became a little easier to deal with in the postseason.

Andy Bathgate in the O6 era, same could be said there.

Alexei Yashin seemed to leave a lot on the table, not that his teams were stacked. Selanne is kind of weird case in this regard. His stats probably are too strong of a case against his contribution,.but he still seemed to leave something on the bone...it also felt like he was always against a buzz saw or he was hurt...

No one should have expected anything from them, but Lalime and Cloutier flat out gave away series whenever they could it seemed like...

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Stamkos in this generation, versus expectation and skill level. Thornton and the Sedins, and Marleau did little for me in the previous generation (if one separates these). Bobrovsky was awful outside of that 2019 series, but there's potential that he's turning that around late in his career on a team that can play D (this year and last, of course).

Marcel Dionne, on his one line team, became a little easier to deal with in the postseason.

Andy Bathgate in the O6 era, same could be said there.

Alexei Yashin seemed to leave a lot on the table, not that his teams were stacked. Selanne is kind of weird case in this regard. His stats probably are too strong of a case against his contribution,.but he still seemed to leave something on the bone...it also felt like he was always against a buzz saw or he was hurt...

No one should have expected anything from them, but Lalime and Cloutier flat out gave away series whenever they could it seemed like...

Marleau the choker :rolleyes:

Rick nash has my vote 89 games 18 goals. Most goals in a playoff run is 5. 2014, 25 games 3 goals :thumbd:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_220639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_220639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I would go with Phil Housley. He advanced out of the first round in his first year and then didn't see the 2nd round of the playoffs until 14 years later.
I would go with (Insert any WPG/BUF/ARI star player here). He advanced out of the first round in his first year and then didn't see the 2nd round of the playoffs until X years later.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I would go with (Insert any WPG/BUF/ARI star player here). He advanced out of the first round in his first year and then didn't see the 2nd round of the playoffs until X years later.

He was a big part of why Buffalo wouldn't advance - plenty of empty calorie points and nothing in meaningful moments. I was so happy the day he was traded.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
"All time" for individual players can be hard, and will have a ton of recency bias, But for teams it's Boston and it's not even close. Six wins in twenty appearances in the finals (0.300 win %) is easily the worst of any team that's won the cup at least once while appearing in more finals than any two non-O6 teams combined.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
All time, no idea. But the 3 players who manage to not only look worse but perform worse every time that I’ve seen are Mitch Marner, Nik Ehlers and Connor Hellebuyck.

As far as non star players go, Conor Sheary sucked really bad in the playoffs against any team that was particularly physical.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Max Pacioretty is an underrated pick. 40 goal scorer who frequently turned to mush in the playoffs.

I personally felt Evgeni Nabokov was pretty bad in the playoffs. He let in a lot of weak goals I felt.

Mitch Marner is the worst one on the Leafs currently. He turns into the worst player in the ice on the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad