GDT: Duel between Calgary Flamberges vs Buffalo Sabres

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Think that was a fantastic game by the Flames defense and Rittich. The offense left a lot to be desired but at least this team can turn it on with the extra attacker

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Rittich is pitching a .939 SV% through six games. The only reason to play Smith at this point is to hope you don't hurt his feelings.

When the opposing team has a shot against Rittich, I have faith he'll make the save, no matter whether it looks easy or dangerous. When Smith is in net, pretty much every shot against terrifies me that it is going to sneak in.

At this point I would go with Rittich as the #1. Or at the very least split the games 50/50, Rittich is ready for more games IMO.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
When the opposing team has a shot against Rittich, I have faith he'll make the save, no matter whether it looks easy or dangerous. When Smith is in net, pretty much every shot against terrifies me that it is going to sneak in.

At this point I would go with Rittich as the #1. Or at the very least split the games 50/50, Rittich is ready for more games IMO.

Ritter is our number 1. No qualms there.

Reactions: No Draft

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Smith probably feels the same way and that's like 50 percent of the problem.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The 3M line needs to be split yesterday. They're generating very little 5-on-5. Get Bennett up there and start dressing Czarnik

Reactions: Ravi Nandkumar

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Those are the wins you rally on, Feels good man. Love our resolve and team in general. We might not win every single game, but they push proper.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The 3M line needs to be split yesterday. They're generating very little 5-on-5. Get Bennett up there and start dressing Czarnik

At this point I'd try Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik as the 2nd line. Frolik isn't the greatest offence player and Backlund's play has fallen off a complete cliff.

Even though the 1st line is buzzing, if they don't want to put Bennett at center then slide Lindholm down and put Tkachuk and Czarnik with him and move Bennett back up to the 1st.

Either way, the Bennett and Neal duo is the true 2nd line to me. They generate way more offence than the actual 2nd line.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
At this point I'd try Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik as the 2nd line. Frolik isn't the greatest offence player and Backlund's play has fallen off a complete cliff.

Even though the 1st line is buzzing, if they don't want to put Bennett at center then slide Lindholm down and put Tkachuk and Czarnik with him and move Bennett back up to the 1st.

Either way, the Bennett and Neal duo is the true 2nd line to me. They generate way more offence than the actual 2nd line.

I'd love to see this:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Bennett
Tkachuk-Monahan-Czarnik

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'd love to see this:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Bennett
Tkachuk-Monahan-Czarnik

This... would be the lone tolerable scenario where Bennett plays wing.

But you'd have serious issues with the checking line as Monahan can't handle that role as a center and I don't think Neal can play that role with Backlund and you obviously don't want Neal on the fourth line. That's why no matter how hard I try the lines I keep ending up on are

Gaudreau-Bennett-Neal or Gaudreau-Lindholm-Neal
Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik or Tkachuk-Lindholm-Czarnik
Frolik-Backlund-Monahan or Dube-Backlund-Monahan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad