GDT: Duel between Calgary Flamberges vs Buffalo Sabres

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Back to back, Rittich gets the start, hopefully picks up where his five of his last six starts have left off. Do Flames follow up a tight-checking playoff-like performance in Toronto with more tight checking? Or are do we fall back into the "what is going on?" helter-skelter chaos we've seen from the Team during Rittich's last two starts?

Sabres players to worry a good bit about:

Rasmus Dahlin has already arrived and he has the potential to be the best D on the ice tonight, as great as Gio and Brodie are.

Jack Eichel is a franchise player, and probably the best center and forward on the ice all game long. Gotta contain him.

Jeff Skinner, who went from playing with Derek Ryan to Jack Eichel, is having a fantastic season. This line is going to be a tougher matchup than any we've faced since we faced the Bruins a few weeks ago. Need to contain them.

Conor Sheary's counting numbers may be nothing to write home about but make no mistake, he's a dangerous top six forward who's had unsustainably bad puck luck this year. Forget to check him and he could go off on us.

Sabres players not to worry as much about:

Rasmus Ristolainen won't get a hat trick of point shots on Jonas Hiller. God, I'm still scarred from that goaltending performance.

Sam Reinhart might tap in a garbage goal due to the quality of linemates and PP icetime that he consistently gets fed on a silver platter, but he's the definition of 3rd wheel. Play fundamentally sound and he will pull a Houdini act as he doesn't bring much else to the table. The Ryan Strome of Reinharts.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
CyCq6.gif

Reactions: SmellOfVictory

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The flames taking the night off celebrating the win against the leafs

Sabres are not worthy

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Wow, after a well desrved win it was surprising to see so much hate for the team. Smith played excellent, Bennett was snack bitten again by the post, but played well, and actually made some solid passes instead of trying to split the dmen. You all need to calm down, this is one of the better starts I've seen in a while. Neal is a vet, he will get going, but I believe he needs to be in the top 6. Bennett is Bennett, he's no star, but I see improvement. Once our backend gels, this team is gonna be damn solid.

Not sure why you all have so much hate going on, anyone remember this point last year? I do, and this year's start is light years better. Everyone relax, and wait for the kinks to iron out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Wow, after a well desrved win it was surprising to see so much hate for the team. Smith played excellent, Bennett was snack bitten again by the post, but played well, and actually made some solid passes instead of trying to split the dmen. You all need to calm down, this is one of the better starts I've seen in a while. Neal is a vet, he will get going, but I believe he needs to be in the top 6. Bennett is Bennett, he's no star, but I see improvement. Once our backend gels, this team is gonna be damn solid.

Not sure why you all have so much hate going on, anyone remember this point last year? I do, and this year's start is light years better. Everyone relax, and wait for the kinks to iron out.

The Negativity thread is where this type of talk goes, thank you.
Bad voodoo is good voodoo in the negative thread.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames Projected lines:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Dube - Ryan - Hathaway

Gio - Brodie
Hanifin - Hammer
Valimaki - Andersson

RITTER gets the start.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Kinda getting out of hand with Czarnik sitting so much. He hasn't even been that bad

Sabres' top pairing will be Ristolainen and Dahlin. Inexcusable if they don't score on that pairing

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Buffalo's lines as of practice yesterday:

Skinner - Eichel - Pomminville
Sheary - Mittelstadt - Reinhart
Thompson - Sobotka - Okposo
Berglund - Larsson - Girgensons

Dahlin - Ristolainen
Bogo - Scandella
Beaulieu - Nelson

Carter Hutton gets the start.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Buffalo's lines as of practice yesterday:

Skinner - Eichel - Pomminville
Sheary - Mittelstadt - Reinhart
Thompson - Sobotka - Okposo
Berglund - Larsson - Girgensons

Dahlin - Ristolainen
Bogo - Scandella
Beaulieu - Nelson

Carter Hutton gets the start.

That second line has potential to be great or a tire fire

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I'd say Czarnik deserves to be in over Ryan but that's about it. Frolik shouldn't be on the second line either; Bennett's earned a long look in the top six with his play thus far

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Bennett-Backlund-Tkachuk
Dube/Frolik-Jankowski- Neal
Frolik/Dube-Czarnik-Hathaway

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Czarnik needs to get in the lineup, he has real good chemistry with Tkachuk and is a better player than Hathaway, Ryan and at this point Dube (and I'd say Janko).

Put Czar back with Tkachuk and move Frolik down to the 4th line, move Dube to the middle of Bennett and Neal and sit either Ryan or Hathaway.

^^^^ or what Calculon said and put Bennett with Tkachuk and Backs. Either way, get Frolik off that line. He had his 1 good game and is back to being a defensive stud with no offence.

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Czarnik needs to get in the lineup, he has real good chemistry with Tkachuk and is a better player than Hathaway, Ryan and at this point Dube (and I'd say Janko).

Put Czar back with Tkachuk and move Frolik down to the 4th line, move Dube to the middle of Bennett and Neal and sit either Ryan or Hathaway.

^^^^ or what Calculon said and put Bennett with Tkachuk and Backs. Either way, get Frolik off that line. He had his 1 good game and is back to being a defensive stud with no offence.
Czarnik has as many points as Neal in 3 less games, is better defensively, takes less penalties, has great analytics and has been snake bitten (like Neal so far). But I've read across multiple Flames sites that hes been a disappointment and should've been signed to a two way deal. You're right that he should be in the lineup 3-4 forwards should sit before him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->