Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Exact player the Penguins need to be taking a chance on.

HFBoards ladies and gentlemen...
Def prob worth taking a chance on for a bunch of teams.

He’s been awful in Anaheim last couple years but he has a decent skill set… I think his work ethic is a bit lacking

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Def prob worth taking a chance on for a bunch of teams.

He’s been awful in Anaheim last couple years but he has a decent skill set… I think his work ethic is a bit lacking

The lack of work ethic and lack of attention to the finer details, seemed to be the divide between him and the org. He showed promise for awhile but never seemed to understand that he needs to take on the identity of a hardworking, hard-nosed player who can score - vs a low energy offensive minded player. At one point I recall a post game locker room video was posted by the team and most of us on the boards agreed that MC just looked visibly out of shape by NHL standards.

For his sake I hope he finds the right situation, with the right coach/mentor to really help him focus in on his strengths and push him to get after it on the conditioning side. The Ducks have a ton of younger forwards who are hungry to prove themselves and I can see why they just didn't find Comtois to have earned a 2.5M QO.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He is/was. He fell out of favor with coach Eakins and was a bit lazy. I preferred to keep him around and give him a chance with the new coach.
Ah I see. I saw that someone else said his first year was good then fell off. That is probably why I thought what I did because I thought he was good...just never followed up it seems.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No surprise. Maybe a little surprised Verbeek couldn't recoup any assets in a trade for him since there's the "change of scenery" element but no doubt it's not working out in Anaheim. Instead of progressing he just seems to be gradually regressing all the time.

Yeah that's boilerplate. Everyone said the same thing. I'm still hoping Max wasn't involved or aware but that tweet might as well be toilet paper.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not shocked. Dude got healthy scratched by Eakins who didn't have much accountability. Work ethic concerns, and it's a shame, after that one good season he had a couple years back, New scenery may do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad